Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Favourite 3 Films

Steve

Ok - the title possibly gives my age away (does anyone call them films any more), but I thought people might like to do an equivalent of the Big Read and vote for their 3 favourite movies of all time. Just two rules (what do you mean "How do you get to make the rules"? I started the topic that's how...):

• No Trilogies (eg Terminator 1,2,3 not allowed)

• to keep each film in a different genre (eg, avoid The Mummy, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Revenge of the Living Cyclops Entrails)

I'll kick it off with:

1 - The Fellowship Of The Ring

2 - As Good As It Gets

3 - Harvey

Hi, I love old films!!!

Some Like it Hot

Ben Hur (I know I said old!!!)

Its a wonderful life

But I really Love Little Nicki (sorry thats Four!!

I need to get back to my essay!!!

3 films :D

The Great Escape - Steve McQueen is just brill!

Little Women - ( Liz Taylor version) I love the book too.

Of Mice and Men - this is my favourite book, but I love the film too and cry everytime :o

Don't know if I am brave enough to post mine (we will see whether I actually press the send button !) :oxD:(

No. 1 fav. film of all time is ... E.T

No. 2 is 'Coming to America' - Eddie Murphy

No. 3 choice is being given by my 8 yr old daughter - (and we havn't even seen it yet !!!) is/will be 'Daddy Daycare' !!!

So do I press send ????

p.s. - Steve this isn't some sort of personality profile you are trying to build up of your users is it ???? :(

Got quite excited yesterday. A friend telephoned to say that one of the local cinemas had advertised in a newspaper that they were showing Lord of the Rings 1 & 2 together and did I want to go-silly question!! Go get it booked!!!!!! This morning she rang to say that she had been in touch with the cinema and the ad was wrong!! :oxD:( Apparently it should have read that they were showing 1 today and 2 next Wednesday!!!! Still not long now til 3!! :D:D:D

Linda

• 11 months later...

Sorry!!

Oops. Favourite films... Errr

Easy Rider (Oooer)

Lord of the Rings - because it's the best

and - Apollo 13 (Sorry, I think Tom Hanks is good, and I lived through the event, as a teenager OH-MI-GOD!!)

Sue :D

o0o 3 favourite films, erm, lets think:

Moulin Rouge

The Shawshank Redemption

The Worst Witch (a film from my childhood that I still have on video taped off ITV from the late 80's/early 90's)

I've been a good girl, as the original instructions says not all from the same genre, else I would have chosen:

Moulin Rouge

Chicago

Grease 2 (yes the 2nd one, I love the cheese factor of it!)

Sue R you beat me to it!! Jeff Buckley Rules :o His version of Hallellujah is just breath taking! I do Love Cohen though, songs of Love and Hate, brilliant!

Right top three films

1. Get Carter (Original, NOT, I repeat NOT rubbish stallone re-make)

2. Goodfellas

3. Willy Wonka!

and if i can sneak a fourth in Once were Warriors! :)