Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

HELP NEEDED ..Using the Tapestry care diary

MatildaNursery

Dear all, 

Please help, we are new to using tapestry and we are still working out how to set it up. Particularly the care diary..

How do you add in a weekly or fortnightly menu on tapestry so it adds for all children automatically, is that possible?

Also how do you add, change and amend the care diary through ipads on the app, as the app seems to be basic and only lets you add observations and assessment. 

Thanks so much in advance 

Shana

Hi Shana,

I'm afraid it's not possible to set up a fortnightly menu on the care diary. You can set up the meal times on Tapestry though to match those in your setting, if you haven't done this already then you can do so by going to the Control Panel -> Settings -> Care Diary. 

Also, when you add an entry on the care diary, Tapestry has an autocomplete function which means Tapestry will remember what you have inputted. So, after you have added a meal, the next time you add another meal entry, when you start typing, Tapestry will give you the option of selecting the same one. 

The Care Diary isn't currently available on the app version of Tapestry, though this is something we are working on adding. We will keep you updated with any progress we make on this!

I hope this answers your questions. :)

Best wishes,

Emily

• 8 months later...
On 19/04/2018 at 14:13, Emily said:

Hi Shana,

I'm afraid it's not possible to set up a fortnightly menu on the care diary. You can set up the meal times on Tapestry though to match those in your setting, if you haven't done this already then you can do so by going to the Control Panel -> Settings -> Care Diary. 

Also, when you add an entry on the care diary, Tapestry has an autocomplete function which means Tapestry will remember what you have inputted. So, after you have added a meal, the next time you add another meal entry, when you start typing, Tapestry will give you the option of selecting the same one. 

The Care Diary isn't currently available on the app version of Tapestry, though this is something we are working on adding. We will keep you updated with any progress we make on this!

Best wishes,

Emily

Emily, how do I add additional sleep locations etc. I can only see the option to add meals and drinks? Thank you Julie

Hi Julie,

The additional sleep locations are part of our 'autocomplete configuration'. To add additional locations you can go to control panel > settings > care diary > autocomplete configuration. Here you can select the 'sleep care location' option and save. 

As soon as you begin to add different sleep locations in your entries to the care diary manually from the Care Diary page, your locations will begin appearing as autocomplete options to choose from . 

The tutorial here explains a bit more about this. 

I hope this helps! Please get in touch if you have any other questions. :)

Best wishes,

Jules

• 10 months later...

Hi Shana,

Best wishes,

Emily

Hi,

With regards to the above post from April 2018, I was wondering if you have now enabled the Care Diary to be used on the app? and if not, how long before you anticipate this being available?

Also, is there an option for sending out newsletters to parents yet? If not, is this something that is likely to become available? And is there any parent invoicing system in the pipeline? I have received emails from other companies who claim to offer all of these functions (although we don't really want to stop using Tapestry - but these options would be really useful!)

Many thanks,

Kristina

Hi Kristina,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid the Care Diary isn't currently available on the app version of Tapestry but this is something we are currently working on adding! I'm afraid it's not really possible for us to give time frames as to when new features will be released as we don't know how long they will take in the testing stage.

In terms of your other requests, the ability to put newsletters and other such notices onto Tapestry is also something we are working on adding!

Adding a booking and invoicing system plus other such management features is also in the pipeline for Tapestry. :) 

We will keep you updated on any progress we make with any of these features.

Best wishes,

Emily

• 2 years later...

I'm pleased to let you know that this feature is now available for staff to use on the latest version of the Tapestry Android app (4.2.0), which should be downloadable from the Google Play Store. We are also working on giving parents access to the Care Diary via the app on both platforms, but it's not yet available for parent users unfortunately.

After you’ve updated to the latest version, please see these guides to use the Care Diary on the app:

Please let us know how you find it and if you have any problems using it.

If you only have iOS devices, I'm afraid that the update isn't yet available for apple users, we're still working on this. If this is the case please let me know if you'd like to be contacted again when the same update is released for iOS in the future.