Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

basic online safeguarding course??

10 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Anyone know of an online course my administrator could do (she very knowledgeable just need a quick renew!)  ...so just basic refresh. Any courses out there?? 

http://www.kscb.org.uk/training/e-learning-courses

Could try here and either free or not expensive, or maybe if its just for Kent, your own LSCB are doing similar

Edited by Panders

I think most local authorities have a basic online version in a kind of 'an introduction to' sense. It's harder to do the more in depth ones with national companies as the Statutory Framework requirement is that training should be in line with the indidividual local authority procedures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I think most local authorities have a basic online version in a kind of 'an introduction to' sense. It's harder to do the more in depth ones with national companies as the Statutory Framework requirement is that training should be in line with the indidividual local authority procedures.

Yes ...no such bloomin luck i'm afraid! unfortunately my administrator has a very poorly mum at the moment and really can't go on courses  (works most of the time from home) so just trying to find an alternative source.

Are you a member of Pre-School learning alliance? They have a free safeguarding course as part of the member pack. Even if you are not a member, the explanation on the page I've linked to is excellent. It might be enough for you member of staff to follow the links through and read the page content - it's very comprehensive!

5 minutes ago, BroadOaks said:

Do they have any free safeguarding courses? I couldn't see any. They seem to be priced around £25 which is the same sort of price as NDNA and Educare etc. Have you used their training Broadoaks, I can see they are in your neck of the woods?

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

Are you a member of Pre-School learning alliance? They have a free safeguarding course as part of the member pack. Even if you are not a member, the explanation on the page I've linked to is excellent. It might be enough for you member of staff to follow the links through and read the page content - it's very comprehensive!

AHA forgot all about these...we had such trouble with their training when it started we haven't used it...will go and have a look

23 minutes ago, BroadOaks said:

will look later....Thanks ^_^

• FSFRebecca changed the title to basic online safeguarding course??
14 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

On the same theme, does anyone know of any L3 update (DSL) online training, not ideal I know, but may have to do until it’s put on in our area :-( 

We've used these in the past and they were ok - not the same as getting the face to face local area one but as a stop gap they were fine. I can't remember the cost though, they are very friendly and helpful when you speak to them. http://www.safecic.co.uk/component/content/article/41-online-training/safeguarding-courses/97-lcp