Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Locks, switches and bolts

Hello

I'm looking for a piece of equipment that has padlocks, switches, fasteners, etc on for my Pre-school.  I have asked parents if anyone can make something for me but unfortunately no-one has come forward.  It looks as though I may have to buy something. I am sure I have seen something like I would like quite a while ago but can't see anything now.

Can anyone help please?

V

As much as I admire those boards, I have baulked at the price in the past.   I'm thinking parents, and sundry friends and relatives, who mightn't be able to build a whole piece of equipment, might collectively be more than happy to hunt through garages, sheds and useless stuff drawers and find enough bits and pieces to make a terrific collection.  Pegboard (painted?) and some florists wire and you're set like a jelly.  I'd ask for some help to attach it to the wall (ooh, just thinking could add them to the top of a small table and small boards attached to the table legs.)  Feeling excited at the thought. H 

Edited by HoneyPancakes

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I also swing between wanting a board like this in the setting to aren’t we just teaching them how to open all the locks, chains and bolts we put on doors, gates and cupboards to keep them safe O.o

Yes we've had to avoid these...I had a little chap who used to lock his grandmother in a cupboard on a regular basis and then use his screwdriver to get her out:o:o

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 19:30, finleysmaid said:

there are a few on amazon at a reasonable price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Doug-Latches-Wooden-Activity/dp/B0026ZPTYY/ref=pd_sbs_21_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7KEN9BRGARQ55JJWW1CG

Be careful though...if you have children with asd in your group you may not want to teach them how to escape!!!:o

They are lovely:)

• Like 1

We have one of those at the toy library,it is very popular with parents and settings..

i do point out the escape issues but no one ever seems to be bothered about it, It is out alot of the time for children with extra needs or younger children more than the 3+

It is extremely sturdy , always out  and never on the shelf for more than a couple of hours.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)