Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is the care diary available on the app?

Hi Ami and Jade,

When we add a new feature to Tapestry, it appears on the browser version first and then, if appropriate, on the apps. We will definitely add the care diary to the apps- pretty soon- but I'm not able to give a definite date for this at the moment. :1b

• Like 1

Hi Ami and Jade,

When we add a new feature to Tapestry, it appears on the browser version first and then, if appropriate, on the apps. We will definitely add the care diary to the apps- pretty soon- but I'm not able to give a definite date for this at the moment. :1b

This is great thank you ::1a

Can i also ask is there anyway of adding newsletters to sen out to all parents. We tried to do it by adding a word document to an observation to send out to all parents but it will not allow us to upload word documents just pictures, is there anyway we can overcome this.

thanks

Ami

Good morning,

A newsletter function is also high on our list of things to do. In the meantime there is a 'work around' you can use:

For now, what you can do is set up a fake child and attach all relatives to this child. You could then add your newsletters as observations to this fake child with your content appearing in the notes section or as a picture file. If you have a word file you could either scan it and save it as a picture file e.g. JPEG and then upload it as 'media' or you could 'cut and paste' the newsletter text into the observation text area.When these observations are published, all relatives will then receive a notification about it and will be able to login and see the observation.
There are a few safeguarding issues you need to consider with this:
Relatives are able to see other relatives attached to the same child on the child overview section, so if a relative clicked on the fake child overview, they would be able to see the names of the other attached relatives.
Relatives can see observations made by other relatives for the fake child even if they are not published in the journal. When relatives are adding observations, they will need to be careful to make the observation for their child only, rather than including the fake child in their observation.
You can only disable comments for group observations, not single child observations, so relatives would be able to comment on, and see the comments of other relatives for these newsletter observations. If you have space on your Tapestry account though, you could add a second fake child and not attach any relatives to them but add them to the newsletter observations too. Then, if you set Tapestry to block the ability for relatives to comment on group observations, they will no longer be able comment.
I hope this helps a bit!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A newsletter feature will be great, I currently send to all as an ob, asking them to only add 'read' to comment box but until recently I hadn't realised they get near on 60 email notifications by the time they've all added read ...oops

Edited by Mouseketeer

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to check if the care diary has been added to the app?  I would like to use it but it is only practical if it is on the app.  I have just checked and I can't see it on the app, but I have been known to miss the obvious before.

Hi CKP,

Happy new year!! I hope you had a lovely Christmas :) 

I'm afraid the Care Diary isn't currently available on the app version of Tapestry. We have been working on a major app update that will hopefully go live soon, and after that we will be able to focus on developing this feature for the app. 

In the mean time, you can use the browser version of Tapestry on your devices to access the Care Diary. 

Thank you for your patience!

Best wishes,

Olaya

• Like 1

Hi juliebowyer,

Thank you for your query, I am sure many other settings have asked themselves the same question at some point!

The Care Diary works slightly different for relatives in the sense that they can't add entries to their children's care diaries, they can only view what you have added. However, for relatives to be able to view these entries settings need to both enable the care diary for relatives and also ensure that the option staff must approve relative access to entries is enabled. This is because relatives will only be able to see entries once they have been given permission to do so!

Let me explain this a bit in more detail.

As I said, for relatives to be able to view the care diary entries that you made for their children you will have to grant them permission to view the entries every day once you have made at least one entry.

You can check if this option has been enabled in your account from control panel > settings > care diary > staff must approve relative access to entries.

image.png

Now, let's imagine that you have a child called Abby. Once you have made at least one entry for Abby, and if you are happy for their relatives to view all of the entries that you might make throughout the day, you'll have to give relatives access. For that, you'd have to go to the care diary section and click on Abby's panel's 'i' icon. 

image.png

This will then give you the option to allow relative access to that entry and all of the entries that you will make for that day:

image.png

Furthermore, you'll also be able to send them a notification if you'd like to let them know that an entry has been made and that access has been granted to that day's diary:

image.png

Please note that if you'd like to notify them every time a new entry is added you will have to click on the corresponding 'i' icon and click on 'notify relatives' again. You can also restrict their access for that day by clicking on the 'restrict relative access' button.

As mentioned, access to the care diary will have to be granted on a daily basis, and for this to work, the child will have to have at least one entry. Once relatives have permission to view that day's entries, they will simply have to log in to their accounts and click on the care diary button!

I hope this clarified the matter!

Best wishes,

Olaya

• 3 years later...

I'm pleased to say that this feature is now available for staff to use on the latest version of the Tapestry Android app (4.2.0), which should be downloadable from the Google Play Store. We are also working on giving parents access to the Care Diary via the app on both platforms, but it's not yet available for parent users unfortunately.

After you’ve updated to the latest version, please see these guides to use the Care Diary on the app:

Please let us know how you find it and if you have any problems using it.

If you only have iOS devices, I'm afraid that the update isn't yet available for apple users, we're still working on this. If this is the case please let me know if you'd like to be contacted again when the same update is released for iOS in the future.

• 1 year later...