Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bullet Journals

Is this the way to go?

Inspired by a comment made by Panders in the 2017 thread - I have carried out a little research this morning (well any excuse to delay actually getting on with my TDL)

Think I like the idea - any tips for me?

I'm slightly concerned that I might just spent ages adding data to a bullet journal and even less actually completing any tasks.........

Would be the perfect excuse reason to invest in a lovely new notebook and coloured pens :rolleyes: ::1a

• Like 1

I was inspired by Panders' post too! After doing a bit of investigating on the subject I thought it was a darned good idea. Coincidently, I got a lovely little Moleskine notebook and pack of coloured pens as a Christmas gift from a parent so I have got started. Recalling past sadly abandoned efforts at organisation, I am determined to stick at this one! A Bullet Journal motivation and tips thread here might just help me keep on track.

• Like 2

Well sunnyday, one of the things I do do, so that I don't spend humungus amounts of time drawing tables etc. is I have designed what I need on my laptop, so all I do is print them off when I need to. I have a couple of trackers running which is nice to complete, such as everyday tasks in the home and work life, it sort of motivates me to do it somehow -you know how we all love to tick something ! What I have grown to love is they are so individual.

Looking at some on pinterest, I believe some of the American girls do spend an eternity making them look pretty! But, they enjoy that, just as some people obviously enjoy adult colouring books, knitting, crochet and embroidery.

• Like 2

Could anyone post any links to examples, if that is allowed, or add example to resource library. Pretty please?????

TBH Isp, you would do just as well to look up Bullet Journals on pinterest or youtube, youtube have some tutorials to blow your mind! and your time!

They are so very individual there really isn't a format as such, but there are helpful signs on those sites to get you started, after that it's a bit trial and error as to what suits and helps you. I started incredibly small, I used a small note pad and put ideas in there which \i felt would help me, and I tested them there and when I was thinking hmm that's been helpful I began to formulate my templates on the laptop. I now print out what I want, stick it into my notebook and away I go.

• Like 3

Just looked them up, I think I'd spend all day trying to find the same coloured pen I used last time, I use a very simple version...

Put the week at the top of the page, split page into 3 with headings 'important/urgent', 'important/non urgent', 'non-important-want to do', it does help me stay on task and when I think I've done enough 'must do stuff' I reward myself with a 'want to do' ...which is usually laminate something :-)

• Like 4

Oh I don't know Panders.......

I listed my tasks for the week in my new bullet journal notebook.......think i will be moving an awful lot forward on Sunday :blink:

Lol!! I have moved reading my student's assignment forward every day for the last week. Life keeps happening! The really critical stuff will get done!

• Like 1

Wonder what the new name Staples will have come February?? I understand they have been brought out by another company.

Bought Out by Hilco for a nominal sum..they also own HMV... Supposed to be rebranding some shops and closing others..

• Like 1

Is it a worrying sign that I added a couple of tasks to my bullet journal AFTER I had done them just so I could triumphantly draw a cross through their little icon?? I may need to access a Bullet Journal self-help group soon :ph34r:

Makes perfect sense to me ;) ::1a

• Like 1

Oh no I will go into a decline if my local Staples is closed :( :lol:

Nar... I'll open up my hidden secret stash -I'm pretty confident I can meet all your stationery needs for at least the next four years! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 5

Is it a worrying sign that I added a couple of tasks to my bullet journal AFTER I had done them just so I could triumphantly draw a cross through their little icon?? I may need to access a Bullet Journal self-help group soon :ph34r:

Perfectly acceptable, we all get a lot of satisfaction from crossing things off our list - it's good for your well being and boosts your positivity .

• Like 5