Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policies Charity Run Provisions

C1403

Hello

Can I ask how many of you have adopted risk management policies for your charitable settings. (Not risk assessments)

I believe this policy is suggested as good practice from the charity commission along with some others such as vulnerable beneficiaries, conflict of interest etc (there is a tick box on the annual return asking if you have these in place).

I've been looking into putting one together for our setting but struggling as the manager is not sure how we should word it etc.

Thanks

C

Thanks all. Google doesn't get me very far.

It is recommended as good practice from the charity commission, so more for charity risk management than the actual pre school.

I'll do more research and try the pla also, thanks.

C

We are looking into all our trustee things at present after a not very nice situation arose and no one knew who to turn to, who would lead the meetings and so forth.

The risk side of it would be for me I think bringing together our key points I.e two signatories are required and no two signatories are to be related, an open and transparent approach is adopted any meetings or conversations that go against this could result in immediate removal from the role of trustee, financial reports are shared at points X,Y,Z so everyone is up to date with the standing of the provision annually, what our risk money is ring fenced for and how much (i.e redundancies estimate £**.**) all meetings are minuted and shared with,them being signed off as a true account at the following meeting,

Financial transactions above £**.** are to be agreed by the board before purchase. All personal interests are to be recorded and available to all for example where a trustee has a relationship with another board member, staff member, where a trustee is involved in anyway with a company/supplier that our company uses.

The big bit is an open and transparent approach is a must and then follow into how that is achieved as this will create how you protect trustees and the company from risks be it financial or confidential matters

I may be way off what your thinking but this is something we are looking at and are coming up with so thought it may be of help

We are looking into all our trustee things at present after a not very nice situation arose and no one knew who to turn to, who would lead the meetings and so forth.

The risk side of it would be for me I think bringing together our key points I.e two signatories are required and no two signatories are to be related, an open and transparent approach is adopted any meetings or conversations that go against this could result in immediate removal from the role of trustee, financial reports are shared at points X,Y,Z so everyone is up to date with the standing of the provision annually, what our risk money is ring fenced for and how much (i.e redundancies estimate £**.**) all meetings are minuted and shared with,them being signed off as a true account at the following meeting,

Financial transactions above £**.** are to be agreed by the board before purchase. All personal interests are to be recorded and available to all for example where a trustee has a relationship with another board member, staff member, where a trustee is involved in anyway with a company/supplier that our company uses.

The big bit is an open and transparent approach is a must and then follow into how that is achieved as this will create how you protect trustees and the company from risks be it financial or confidential matters

I may be way off what your thinking but this is something we are looking at and are coming up with so thought it may be of help

Thank you. Our policies generally cover these matters but I guess the charity commission would ideally like a policy just relating to risk management.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)