Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

19 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Note; I  may have made my 'pool party' sound a bit posh- I should add it was a kiddies small  blow up paddling pool party 🤣

My youngest granddaughter has the cutest pool with a combined sun shade, she's almost 8 months and loves it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh why do you need to put sugar in - do you need to put sugar in? I really don't like sweet drinks...

if you're not a coffee lover maybe just a very small amount of sugar 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon just to take the bitterness off?  

Or completely leave it out if you like strong coffee.:)     

• Thanks 1

Oh my actual goodness - I have been 'out' in the big wide world this morning, only to the accountants and to my setting, as we were driving to the accountants Mr S said "you know we haven't been down this road since March" (road to our nearest town) - crazy business!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh my actual goodness - I have been 'out' in the big wide world this morning, only to the accountants and to my setting, as we were driving to the accountants Mr S said "you know we haven't been down this road since March" (road to our nearest town) - crazy business!

I haven't been to our town since March either we live less than 2 miles from it!😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blondie said:

Did it seem strange? 

Not sure what it is like where you are but here it is way too hot to go anywhere - washing already dry and it has been on the line for less than an hour but I don't want to go out and get it in as way too hot lol

Yes, it felt really strange

Very, very hot here too - will just hide indoors for the rest of the day now

1 hour ago, Panders said:

I haven't been to our town since March either we live less than 2 miles from it!😃

We are six miles from our town, the accountants is on 'our side' of town so no need to go right in, so we still haven't ventured that far yet 

I've driven through our town twice - (through and back again) and that's about it. 3 miles away, I've been 'this side' as that's were the setting is, and there's a coffee shop in the park we're in, and I have had a few coffees there.

I did once venture into our biggest main town and went to Asda, that was about mid June.  I don't actually miss anything- other than early morning coffee + brunch.

• Like 1

It is quite comforting to read that others are not really joining the madding crowds either!

My sister has just 'upset me' - phone conversation - we were talking about my return to pre-school in September (amongst other things) - I told her about all of the 'new' requirements and all of the 'new' procedures that I have put in place, I went on to say "it is now a case of suck it and see if I can't make this work safely then I will have to close for good" - she said "oh, yes it's really not worth it" - oh really, just dismiss my 'life work' just like that 💔 I did point out that it would be an enormous wrench and a really big deal for me to close the pre-school.......anyway, I just needed to share that with people who would understand

• Sad 4

I. Think it is hard for people outside the business to understand fully - it may be the children thing - why would you do it? Bringing up one's own should be enough, why would you put yourself out for other people's, as ever a much under valued profession.

I sincerely hope anyone giving up their practice is not "forced" into it by circumstances, but make their own decisions when the time comes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I have a friend like that, she keeps saying the very same thing. :(

2 minutes ago, Panders said:

I. Think it is hard for people outside the business to understand fully - it may be the children thing - why would you do it? Bringing up one's own should be enough, why would you put yourself out for other people's, as ever a much under valued profession.

I sincerely hope anyone giving up their practice is not "forced" into it by circumstances, but make their own decisions when the time comes.

Thanks both xxx

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I love that louby - that's the spirit!

Although I may change my mind.... Literally just had a parent ring (should add on work phone) confirming she has all sessions booked for September, me .......'erm no, have have the slip in my hand that clearly says 3 days". silence then.... parent replies 'Im sure I ticked all the days"   😭😭😭  

At least my very short working day yesterday meant I had the paperwork to hand- even if I actually ended up doing nothing yesterday.

22 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Although I may change my mind.... Literally just had a parent ring (should add on work phone) confirming she has all sessions booked for September, me .......'erm no, have have the slip in my hand that clearly says 3 days". silence then.... parent replies 'Im sure I ticked all the days"   😭😭😭  

At least my very short working day yesterday meant I had the paperwork to hand- even if I actually ended up doing nothing yesterday.

Oh my life - don't they drive you completely nuts 🤦‍♀️ I have one 'messing about' a bit too - think that I should probably just warn her that I am fresh out of patience - come, don't come, come for two days, or don't, come for three days, or don't - it makes absolutely no difference to me, just make your b****y mind up 🤣

• Haha 2

Well we are still on daily visits to Dad in the hospital, this is 24 miles each way and between the endless stream of tourists and tractors it seems to be taking forever! We get home at about 2ish and by then I just do not have the motivation to do much other than cook tea and minimal household chores.  During the last eight weeks we have not been able to think further than the next day as we literally do not know from one day to the next how Dad will be and it’s so changeable. So trying to even motivate myself to think about September is so hard. I have over the last couple of afternoons made myself update forms, registers etc and placed a couple of orders but I am finding it so difficult. It worries me how quickly the time is going without me really noticing!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Well we are still on daily visits to Dad in the hospital, this is 24 miles each way and between the endless stream of tourists and tractors it seems to be taking forever! We get home at about 2ish and by then I just do not have the motivation to do much other than cook tea and minimal household chores.  During the last eight weeks we have not been able to think further than the next day as we literally do not know from one day to the next how Dad will be and it’s so changeable. So trying to even motivate myself to think about September is so hard. I have over the last couple of afternoons made myself update forms, registers etc and placed a couple of orders but I am finding it so difficult. It worries me how quickly the time is going without me really noticing!

Sending love and best wishes to you zigzag, such a difficult time for you xxx

P.S. what are your Committee doing - can they take on some of preparation for you?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Brilliant! And the stripes even match ...I don’t reckon you’ll need to wear them tonight though 🥵 

Think you’re right - it’s a hot water bottle in the freezer kind of night! I have just started my second pair...

• Like 3

Thank goodness it’s a little cooler today! I have just started making some lemonade to chill for later, there is a ham baking to have with salad later, I’m listening to a brilliant audiobook (Dear Mrs Bird by AJ Pearce - we read it at my book group earlier in the year). I’ve been reading 84 Charing Cross Road which was lovely and after a dropped stitch crisis last night I am back onto sock three!

The TDL? Hmmm.... we’ll come back that!

• Haha 1