Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

The last day of term in the  evening, or the first day of the summer holidays, was probably, one of my most enjoyable of the year - seemingly endless weeks off, not a care in the world for the coming Monday morning, just some rest and relaxation.   Enjoy the next few days Froglet, then start the TDL, or get it into some kind of manageable order at any rate

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Panders said:

The last day of term in the  evening, or the first day of the summer holidays, was probably, one of my most enjoyable of the year - seemingly endless weeks off, not a care in the world for the coming Monday morning, just some rest and relaxation.   Enjoy the next few days Froglet, then start the TDL, or get it into some kind of manageable order at any rate

It’s absolutely that. Lots to do still but for now there is no pressure to do it at all. I love the luxury of a whole day of reading with no guilt attached!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I like that moment when you get home, walk in the door drop all your bags, and think 'that's it'  :) 

I have the feeling this six weeks is going to wiz by this year.

It always does!  Plus I have 5 weeks as I have a 2 week October half-term.  I like the sense of restoring order that the first few days of the holidays brings; I always seem to finish in a manic rush with late nights and early mornings and lots of undone jobs at home.  I'm going to bed now - am completely shattered even though I indulged in a good long nap earlier!  I have a book to read but suspect I won't get far into it before my eyes close!

• Like 2

Guess who is working on the old TDL on a Sunday 🤦‍♀️🤣

I am never going to 'settle' until I get all the 'parent involving' bits completed

It is all such a new way of working because we didn't reopen last term

I will have to 'brave' the Post Office tomorrow as I need to post 'Registration packs' - I usually give these to parents when they visit during the summer term 😷 that's me in my mask 🤣

I have already posted Parental Declaration forms, I included stamped self addressed envelopes for return - what could I have done to make it easier - still not all back with me 😡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Guess who is working on the old TDL on a Sunday 🤦‍♀️🤣

I am never going to 'settle' until I get all the 'parent involving' bits completed

It is all such a new way of working because we didn't reopen last term

I will have to 'brave' the Post Office tomorrow as I need to post 'Registration packs' - I usually give these to parents when they visit during the summer term 😷 that's me in my mask 🤣

I have already posted Parental Declaration forms, I included stamped self addressed envelopes for return - what could I have done to make it easier - still not all back with me 😡

I’ve planned one possible bubble set up since I planted the seed in my head but will do options of diff staff together.

it will be strange for you but very quickly becomes the norm, even all the cleaning, it’s all worked so well in the bubbles with less resources, no visitors (bonus) I’m a bit reluctant to let go of that way of working (let me know if I can help out with any paperwork we may already have in place that you might just be able to adapt).

I’ve emailed everything, all new registration forms have been sent back to me via email before closing, I haven’t done my declaration forms yet but last terms were emailed to each pre-completed and I ask them to reply that they agreed to the hours being claimed (I’ve printed their responses and attached to the printed form) so will do the same again for Autumn term) ....you were very generous giving them a stamped/addressed return envelope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gosh you're both very organised with regards to registration forms!  

I've not sent them out yet- I always leave it until just before we start back and ask them to brings the on first day.  To be honest partly as we do not have a post box at the setting and I'm not really that keen on everyone having my home address.   We do not have any 'new starters' for the first couple of weeks though, so this usually works ok for us.  

Still trying to work out how we will actually start the new starters though?   If we had an proper outside area I would do it there-  we have a very small outside area but you have to walk around the back of building  (no footpath) a kind of back alleyway/private access route to a house..... then they'd have to climb over our fence!

• Haha 2

It is official - I am a 'walking disaster' 😮

As I said somewhere upthread, I put on my big girl pants and a face mask this morning and set off for my first visit to our Post Office......

All that I took with me was my 'stuff' to post and my MIL's visa card (she owes me a ridiculous amount of money because I have been doing her shopping online)

I stopped at the door to guage the situation - one person in there but on the shop side - oh good thinks I and started to walk towards the PO counter - great cries of "no, no turn left please" - "oh but I am going to the PO" - "no you must turn left", so of course I turn left, I am then further away from where I want to be, "okay, what do I do now" - "you have to stand where you are, you can't move behind the other customer", so I wait patiently, but I'm thinking this is madness, I could have just walked straight to where I need to be.

Finally, I get to the PO counter, MIL's card won't work 🤦‍♀️ I said "it must be your machine" - "no, it's not the machine, it's been working all morning" - what a carry on, I had to slink away, walked back home and then thought - no, I must go straight back, otherwise my confidence will suffer even more....

Off I go again, armed this time with my own card + £20 in my back pocket - followed the rules correctly this time, but inwardly thinking I have spent far more time in here than I want to, wait patiently again, get to the PO counter again........can you tell where this is going? My card won't work either - "oh it must be our machine" 🤦‍♀️🤣

Think I might just stay at home now until at least 2025 - honestly, it could only happen to me 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oh bless you Sunnyday. It’s not you at all. I have been going regularly to Tesco since the end of March but nowhere else until I ventured into the yarn shop a couple of weeks ago when I did things wrong throughout my trip. It was quite unnerving. I am left wondering about how to go about doing all my usual summer holiday jobs (MOT,  clothes shopping etc) as well as how to approach the less usual ones - buying a new laptop, clearing my spare room and going to the tip among others. Well done for going back out there again!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Oh bless you Sunnyday. It’s not you at all. I have been going regularly to Tesco since the end of March but nowhere else until I ventured into the yarn shop a couple of weeks ago when I did things wrong throughout my trip. It was quite unnerving. I am left wondering about how to go about doing all my usual summer holiday jobs (MOT,  clothes shopping etc) as well as how to approach the less usual ones - buying a new laptop, clearing my spare room and going to the tip among others. Well done for going back out there again!

Froglet - we have to book an appointment at our tip these days I'm ninety nine millionth in the queue

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Froglet - we have to book an appointment at our tip these days I'm ninety nine millionth in the queue

I think that will be the case - we used to be able to just turn up. I might set my dad on researching it as I’ll probably borrow his car to take stuff there.  It’s a bit of a catch 22 - I can’t really progress on the spare room until I take stuff to the tip but I have nowhere to store the stuff before going to the tip apart from the spare room!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

The PO debacle made me chuckle SD 🤭 ours is the size of a shoebox and you have to navigate past the person taking forever to choose a card ...”just pick a b****y card will you, here have this one”! 🤬

Yes Mousie - size of a shoebox is about right 🤣 I'm sure that ours are trying their absolute best with their one way system - but honestly when your destination is two steps away I'm not sure that they couldn't just bend the rules a little.....

• Haha 1

I brought all of our 'spare clothes' home from my setting one day last week, they have been in the boot of my car ever since, this morning I have sorted through (discarded a lot) and washed the rest, they are now all out on the line.

For some strange reason completing a job like that gives me fresh enthusiasm for September......

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Do you know what you are going to buy Young Froglet?

I really, really need a new one too

Haven’t really looked yet. I’ve had  a Toshiba in various incarnations for years which I liked but don’t think it exists anymore! I like my schools one which is an HP so might explore that.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2020 at 16:08, sunnyday said:

Yes Mousie - size of a shoebox is about right 🤣 I'm sure that ours are trying their absolute best with their one way system - but honestly when your destination is two steps away I'm not sure that they couldn't just bend the rules a little.....

I can raise your PO adventure ...I too ventured in last week mask on face.....queued for ages...got to the desk to pay in two large cheques for pre-school.....being a charity needing 2 sigs we aren't allowed a card so I have to get two envelopes, they are handed to me.....I have to write sort code, acc numb etc on the envelope (I have prepared for this by bringing my own pen so I don't have to touch one others have used)......then I have to seal the envelopes.....anyone guess where this is going?

Yup....I have to lick them!   So I have to remove my mask, lick each envelope seal it up and then hand  it to the lady behind the counter..so not only has she handed me an envelope with her hands which I have had to lick but I have then handed her back an envelope which I have not only touched but licked too.....I replace my mask, blood pressure rising and leave the premises as quickly as possible.  I cant tell you if I left by the right direction or not because by now I am sweating buckets and feeling like the new world is perhaps a place not for me.  If I'd been a Victorian lady of a certain class I would have gone home and lay on the couch with a touch of the vapours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think my problem I haven't left my own little 'bubble' world. (play on bubble word there!😂).

My husband asked if I could drop a prescription off at chemist... 🙀🙀🙀 (he collects our two elderly neighbours bits along with his own).

Now I haven't really been out to shops at all.   First hurdle- sigh. says three in shop 3 only.. I look in and think is that three altogether, or staff plus three? then I see the pharmacist walk from his side into shop!! ... I'm thinking how many is that now?  2 customers,+ 1 staff + pharmacist = 4 in shop...... I wait outside peering in like an idiot🙄, I'm thinking.. well no point being inside as they can only serve one at a time anyway?.   When a customer finally  comes out she leaves open the door for me- I run in throw the prescription onto the counter and run back in about 1.5 seconds flat as the door slowly closes itself behind me. 😊 Luckily there was no queue- so no one witnessed my dithering erratic behaviour.

I just haven't learnt the correct behaviour when out. :(  People who went to shops regularly- as they needed to,  were shown what to do, and have now all learnt the correct protocol...... the shops have now stepped back from telling us what to do- because most people now know how it all works.

This must be what it's like for our little ones coming into preschool for the first time,  it's really made me think about it how they must feel, it really is like steeping into the totally unknown.

• Like 3

You should all create a book on the ‘woes after lockdown’....but it is true about being left to it now, we have to spray our own trolley now which I have no problem with except everyone is handling the bottle of spray instead of the one person on door duty 🦠 

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

You should all create a book on the ‘woes after lockdown’....but it is true about being left to it now, we have to spray our own trolley now which I have no problem with except everyone is handling the bottle of spray instead of the one person on door duty 🦠 

maybe in our line of work we have just done too many risk assessments and can see the flaws others miss?