Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

11 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

An hour - get out of here louby - haven't you got 'favourites' set up - my online grocery shop takes all of five minutes! 😄

I have spent my day typing up 'transition docs' - have emailed to parents and they are all pleased with them so I can now pass the onto Primary School, have also been contacting 'new parents' looks like we will be nice and busy for September (yay!) so let's hope that we are back to some sort of normality by then (I won't hold my breath on that one)

Anyone thinking of going shopping on Monday? It will be so interesting to see if our towns are busy - nothing could tempt me to go I'm afraid.

No shopping for me :) .  The trouble with my online is, I like different each week 😵

I've spoken to all my new teachers - that's all they want. No transition documents wanted. I think they like the 'no written evidence'  honest chats.

September. Now this is my new stress point.

I'm putting off writing to my new parents until next week. I have a horrid feeling Bojo & Co may come up with a delayed start for reception - which would free-up more  short-term room for primary.   Maybe until Jan ?

19 hours ago, Froglet said:

I just wanted to second and third what people have already said. Because of role in school I have been in relatively regularly. I was still nervous before the first day and lots of staff were really anxious. All of them have said that they felt so much better after the first day was done. There was lots of new stuff (handwashing, cleaning) which we have got used and settled in to new routines. Children have coped really well. I’m loving having 6 instead of 30! We didn’t get everything nailed before before we went back but little niggles and uncertainties have been quickly ironed out. It’s ok!

It certainly is .....well done 

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Hope everyones had a good week.

I've been out delivering bags for the children.... I'm exhausted, but it is nice seeing and talking to our families :) 

I'm about to do my online shop, even though I hate actually going to the supermarket at the best of times- it's defiantly quicker than doing it online. In normal times I could easily  do a weeks shop within around 25mins (then I don't need to validate my parking- that's my main goal!).  Online takes me about an hour 😩

alas not normal is the new normal

57 minutes ago, louby loo said:

No shopping for me :) .  The trouble with my online is, I like different each week 😵

I've spoken to all my new teachers - that's all they want. No transition documents wanted. I think they like the 'no written evidence'  honest chats.

September. Now this is my new stress point.

I'm putting off writing to my new parents until next week. I have a horrid feeling Bojo & Co may come up with a delayed start for reception - which would free-up more  short-term room for primary.   Maybe until Jan ?

louby - I might have to come over the bridge to sort out your online shopping! I have different each week too, but once your 'favourites' are set up you can whisk through just chosing from them and then adding anything else that you fancy 🙂

One of my 'leavers' mums is convinced that he will be coming back to us - now that would be interesting, but not impossible, as we have a good number of newbies booked in

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

louby - I might have to come over the bridge to sort out your online shopping! I have different each week too, but once your 'favourites' are set up you can whisk through just chosing from them and then adding anything else that you fancy 🙂

One of my 'leavers' mums is convinced that he will be coming back to us - now that would be interesting, but not impossible, as we have a good number of newbies booked in

To be honest the online favourites is a bit of a nightmare at the moment, the problem at the beginning of lockdown I was booking slots on my account for my daughter too - now the favourites seems a mishmash of both mine and hers 😬.  Things are better now booking slots, so hopefully I can sort my own favourites out now :) 

One of my leavers mum wants us to do a last day party!

9 hours ago, Froglet said:

Happy Friday everyone, it's been a long week!  Hope you're all ok.  This weekend is mostly going to be sorting out class lists for next year.  I also really need to do some washing up!

Yea tis ye olde weekend and I am determines NOT to spend one minute of this one working unlike the last four or five.   Have a lovely weekend one and all.     Gardening for me i think xx

• Like 3

So here we are again, another Friday, I think this marks 13 weeks since I last worked - I feel sad about that, but I gave my parents an opportunity for children to return 30th June and they made their own decisions (only three wanted to return). Hope all is going well for my Friday friends who have managed to re-open🙂

It is our middle granddaughter's birthday today - I am just waiting for my Sainbos  delivery to arrive and then I will pop up for a garden visit

Have cut my own hair this morning 😮just with thinning scissors so nothing to drastic, think it looks okayish, don't think my hairdresser will be very pleased with me but needs must and all that 😁

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

So here we are again, another Friday, I think this marks 13 weeks since I last worked - I feel sad about that, but I gave my parents an opportunity for children to return 30th June and they made their own decisions (only three wanted to return). Hope all is going well for my Friday friends who have managed to re-open🙂

It is our middle granddaughter's birthday today - I am just waiting for my Sainbos  delivery to arrive and then I will pop up for a garden visit

Have cut my own hair this morning 😮just with thinning scissors so nothing to drastic, think it looks okayish, don't think my hairdresser will be very pleased with me but needs must and all that 😁

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

My hairdresser told me to 'walk away from the thinning scissors...NOW!!!'     😂😂😂

We're having a meeting Monday about a possible reopening date.   Not sure if it will happen or not. I'm thinking  twice a week short sessions for the few that are interested, however if this mean paying full rent I'm not sure it can happen.

What are everyone that has reopened 'top tips'  please?   Part of my offering the short sessions is also a bit of a trail run for how things might run in September.

Have a lovely afternoon sunnyday :)  x

• Like 2

well thats the end of my 3rd week back .! (my hat goes off to all those who have opened throughout!) i'm exhausted as are the children. We have some challenging moments but on the whole the children are doing really well. Entry is smooth and actually we are loving the fact parents are on time and efficient!😅 we have got in to a good routine and it feels safe (maybe too much!) we are now  debating whether to keep things the same or change it up a bit for July . The biggest issue at the moment for the parents appears to be what we are doing for the end of term party! (um well not having a party for a start)

Favourite things from this week...one of my girls announcing proudly that she could draw a poo! and One of the children sticking letter stickers on their Fathers Day card P   O    O   ! (had to subtly move them), one of my little boys coming back after todays session having got a treat for himself and bringing us a cake because he though we needed a treat too ❤️ and seeing lots of lovely messages from our 'Home' learners when they got their sunflowers seeds in the post from us .

Top tips for returning ...work out the flow, be creative (can you use different doors etc) if you keep the same people doing the same routine jobs they get quicker and more efficient (boring though it may be) you don't NEED to talk about the virus/social distancing etc in front of the children, take your lead from them, ours seem glad of the respite and haven't mentioned it at all! Give kids hugs, it makes you feel normal! 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, louby loo said:

My hairdresser told me to 'walk away from the thinning scissors...NOW!!!'     😂😂😂

We're having a meeting Monday about a possible reopening date.   Not sure if it will happen or not. I'm thinking  twice a week short sessions for the few that are interested, however if this mean paying full rent I'm not sure it can happen.

What are everyone that has reopened 'top tips'  please?   Part of my offering the short sessions is also a bit of a trail run for how things might run in September.

Have a lovely afternoon sunnyday :)  x

as someone who has "thin hair"👩 at the best of times I have no idea what thinning scissors are, how they are used or indeed why anyone would need them.....Personally I think anyone using them is probably just showing off...unless of course your using them on your legs🦵 or moustache 🧔in which case I completely understand!🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

well thats the end of my 3rd week back .! (my hat goes off to all those who have opened throughout!) i'm exhausted as are the children. We have some challenging moments but on the whole the children are doing really well. Entry is smooth and actually we are loving the fact parents are on time and efficient!😅 we have got in to a good routine and it feels safe (maybe too much!) we are now  debating whether to keep things the same or change it up a bit for July . The biggest issue at the moment for the parents appears to be what we are doing for the end of term party! (um well not having a party for a start)

Favourite things from this week...one of my girls announcing proudly that she could draw a poo! and One of the children sticking letter stickers on their Fathers Day card P   O    O   ! (had to subtly move them), one of my little boys coming back after todays session having got a treat for himself and bringing us a cake because he though we needed a treat too ❤️ and seeing lots of lovely messages from our 'Home' learners when they got their sunflowers seeds in the post from us .

Top tips for returning ...work out the flow, be creative (can you use different doors etc) if you keep the same people doing the same routine jobs they get quicker and more efficient (boring though it may be) you don't NEED to talk about the virus/social distancing etc in front of the children, take your lead from them, ours seem glad of the respite and haven't mentioned it at all! Give kids hugs, it makes you feel normal! 

Crikey for a moment there I thought I had written this .....exhausted 💤 things going so well I have to keep remind myself these are not normal times☠️ and who doesn't like a bit of 💩.....our best moment was yesterday , tipping it down with 🌧️ we are completely outside, only 4 children turn up...so one to one we walk them to the high street and treat them to a Babycinnos with marshmallows which we brought back and sat under the gazebo snuggled up with for snacktime 🌈

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, enuffsenuf said:

Crikey for a moment there I thought I had written this .....exhausted 💤 things going so well I have to keep remind myself these are not normal times☠️ and who doesn't like a bit of 💩.....our best moment was yesterday , tipping it down with 🌧️ we are completely outside, only 4 children turn up...so one to one we walk them to the high street and treat them to a Babycinnos with marshmallows which we brought back and sat under the gazebo snuggled up with for snacktime 🌈

Now that's a top tip!  We are in a park and the cafe has just reopened..... maybe now is the right time for us to go back 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, enuffsenuf said:

as someone who has "thin hair"👩 at the best of times I have no idea what thinning scissors are, how they are used or indeed why anyone would need them.....Personally I think anyone using them is probably just showing off...unless of course your using them on your legs🦵 or moustache 🧔in which case I completely understand!🤣

Well, the only thing I'm going to add is- my thining scissors were loaned to me by my friend who's a dog groomer (they were a brand new pair though!)

They are for people who's hair grows outwards rather than downwards 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My first tip would be tell parents not to request sessions if they aren’t committed to their child coming....this has wasted so much of my time since planning to open 3 weeks ago....it’s really tested my patience.

As already said think about entrances/exits for each bubble, how will a bubble get to a space without going through the other bubble.

Where possible have 2 of everything a bubble will need for cleaning their own spaces (indoors and outside).

• Like 1

Well, the only thing I'm going to add is- my thining scissors were loaned to me by my friend who's a dog groomer (they were a brand new pair though!)

They are for people who's hair grows outwards rather than downwards 😂😂

Rude, just rude 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Honestly, some people have no idea 😡

They really don’t get how difficult this is to sort out, they miss deadlines, then practically beg for places, then change their minds again, the a couple of days later they are back asking if they can have the sessions back, when they don’t get what they were originally offered they don’t like that 😭 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

They really don’t get how difficult this is to sort out, they miss deadlines, then practically beg for places, then change their minds again, the a couple of days later they are back asking if they can have the sessions back, when they don’t get what they were originally offered they don’t like that 😭 

alas Mouseketer, I have become a dictator......you either follow my rules or you don't come!   I def have more problems with the grown ups than I ever get with the children!!    Would you like me to come on over and sort them out face to face , man to man, dictator to dictator and if necessary break my own "it's never ok to hit anyone" rule?....because frankly it sounds like this person just needs a slap!   (not that I advocate violence etc....but honestly)..   PS I think I might have had this person with me last year (or maybe their clone?)..Can we have a couple of days, can we have all week,   2 days into term, we might be moving, one mot=nth into term, my circumstances have changed theyre going somewhere they can do longer days, end of the next term, it hasnt worked out can we come back for a day or two whilst we sort something else out?..in the end I lied and said I had no spaces ....NO YOU CAN@T GO AWAY AND MESS SOMEONE ELSE'S PAPERWORK< STAFFING AND NUMBERS AROUND!!!   So happy to help if you need a heavy!

Edited by enuffsenuf
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Hasn’t it always been this way, just possibly not so intensely magnified?   In my last September I struggled to find sessions for a little boy to fit round his Mum, then a week before the term started she contacted me to ask if he could have the same sessions as his cousin, and her sister would bring him.  Okay, with some shuffling and asking another parent to swap (who was luckily very flexible) I managed that, only to be told the day before the term started that she hadn’t actually asked her sister and it wasn’t convenient! Could she go back to the other sessions?  Er, no.  I’ve filled them now.  I wasn’t about to ask helpful Mum to swap again!  She continued swapping and changing his sessions for the first few weeks before pulling him entirely, claiming he wasn’t settling!   She asked for a place for him in the summer term ‘so he could play with some friends before they start school’ 😡

• Sad 1

I think we all have the 'one'

Ours - What sessions would you like?    Her- Thursday

Oh, that's the one day we haven't got ...... her-  but that's the day I NEED!

Sorry, you can have another- then go on the waiting list.   her - ok, I'll have a think (plays in setting for about 20mins whilst thinking about it)

So, have you decided which other sessions? ............ Her - yes, Thursday please 

In the end I just said well pay the admin fee and let us know what you want, and if a Thursdays comes up we'll tell you- she never paid.  And every time a Thursday slot comes up we all have a giggle now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

True we have a couple who spend their whole time with us chopping and changing days 

3 hours ago, Cait said:

She asked for a place for him in the summer term ‘so he could play with some friends before they start school’ 😡

I had that a few years ago, only wanted one day to get to know same chn going to school, I explained I would try and help her put our policy was 2 days minimum, she wrote to my committee saying they needed to take disciplinary action against me as I was rude and unhelpful 🤦‍♀️

• Confused 2

Gosh Friday yet again 😳

We had our meeting and it was decided (with parent support) that we would remain closed now until September. I had hoped that maybe a few weeks would be good- so at least we had a trial run before September.  

We had confirmation this week that one of our families all had the virus back in February!  Well I say 'had it' - at the time they were not offered any testing as it was to early,  both children were quite ill, and the younger hospitalised twice, the parents were both quite mild symptoms, mum a couple of days, dad a week or so. 😟  The family have now been contacted and called in for anti-body testing.  I think this has put it into perspective for a lot of our parents with regards of us re-opening a present.  At the beginning we acted very quickly, as we knew there were cases quite local to us- and we were one of the first to stop parents entering the building (a few parents 'eye-rolled at the time) , and I am now glad we took the action so quickly.  The whole family are absolutely fine now though 😁

I feel I need some normality if my life now, no longer am I just forgetting what day it is........ I'm beginning to forget what month we are in too!

I hope all of our re-openers have had good weeks.

• Sad 1

It certainly does bring it close to home!  My son, daughter in law and granddaughter have had the virus. Been tested and quarantined.  Now feeling heaps better but still tiring easily. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cait said:

It certainly does bring it close to home!  My son, daughter in law and granddaughter have had the virus. Been tested and quarantined.  Now feeling heaps better but still tiring easily. 

The 'tiredness' is what this mum commented on.  Glad your family are all well on the way to full recovery :) xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cait said:

Oh Cait - how awful  - I am sending every good wish to them x

• Like 1

Gosh Friday yet again 😳

We had our meeting and it was decided (with parent support) that we would remain closed now until September. I had hoped that maybe a few weeks would be good- so at least we had a trial run before September.  

We had confirmation this week that one of our families all had the virus back in February!  Well I say 'had it' - at the time they were not offered any testing as it was to early,  both children were quite ill, and the younger hospitalised twice, the parents were both quite mild symptoms, mum a couple of days, dad a week or so. 😟  The family have now been contacted and called in for anti-body testing.  I think this has put it into perspective for a lot of our parents with regards of us re-opening a present.  At the beginning we acted very quickly, as we knew there were cases quite local to us- and we were one of the first to stop parents entering the building (a few parents 'eye-rolled at the time) , and I am now glad we took the action so quickly.  The whole family are absolutely fine now though 😁

I feel I need some normality if my life now, no longer am I just forgetting what day it is........ I'm beginning to forget what month we are in too!

I hope all of our re-openers have had good weeks.

That is all quite sobering louby, particularly that the children were so very poorly.......

So, yes 'tis Friday again and like louby I want my life back!

My 'big' news this week - I have had the invitation to apply for my state pension (yes, I am a really old girl!) - as a WASPI woman I have felt so cheated. So application in and hopefully I should get my first pension payment in October - whoop! whoop!

How scary were those beach scenes yesterday - I honestly think the world has gone mad😮 I do understand that I am extremely lucky to have my lovely garden, but come on now folks this horrible virus has not 'gone' and we all need to remember that and act accordingly (ooh that was all a bit ranty!)

have a good weekend all😃