Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Gosh you are lucky to have a plan in place. I am still waiting for further info before I approach the committee. With only 3 children it seems daft (not working Mums) and two of them are siblings.  Hoping I may get some answers in this webinar in a minute!

Three children?

Have all parents responded now?

22 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

73 - wow good on her!

louby - I am relieved that your landlords have made the decision there

Contact with parents has all been down to me - but honestly, I don't mind and at least that way I can ensure consistent contact and accurate info sharing

Shhhh - I might have had a garden visit with eldest son and youngest grandson - the really good news is he hasn't forgotten who I am :) - he is 2.5 and obviously very much on the move so I had to 'dodge' him a few times - but wonderful, wonderful, wonderful he has brightened my day no end!

At least at 4.5 months mine stays on the rug, did manage a couple of rollovers though xD

73 - yes good however she meets at least  3 of the vulnerable criteria,  and her husband has a serious heart condition!   She is a wonderful asset to out team, but she had to bring a chair today as she said she wouldn't be able to get up of the grass if she sat on a rug O.o

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I wonder if anyone can help - right back at the start of this situation - some very helpful person posted some links for free online training and now I have lost them - any ideas anyone?

We have PSLA insurance/membership which includes online training- but I think you are MM? 

9 minutes ago, louby loo said:

We have PSLA insurance/membership which includes online training- but I think you are MM? 

Yes that's right - there was thread started on here with loads of great links - doh - I should have copied at the time

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

This 'not responding' blows my mind - what is up with these people

I sent a thank you for responses, the initial group will be the confirmed ‘yes’ responses and more details will follow, if you hadn’t replied to the ‘urgent’ email sent a week ago it’s presumed you won’t be requiring a place ....within 20 mins 3 ‘not bothered’ had been in touch 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

Just now, Mouseketeer said:

I sent a thank you for responses, the initial group will be the confirmed ‘yes’ responses and more details will follow, if you hadn’t replied to the ‘urgent’ email sent a week ago it’s presumed you won’t be requiring a place ....within 20 mins 3 ‘not bothered’ had been in touch 🤦‍♀️

Good wording there Mousie xD

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Yay - I have found the training info - it is in a thread started by blondie May 3rd

Don’t bother with the open-ed one I did....it was sooo boring, not a great format for online training, said 8 hrs (it was something to do with leadership and team working), you had to do a lot self reflection writing, I much prefer read something, answer questions, pass section.

• Thanks 1

Is anyone else suffering with a severe case of 'lockdown brain' - I headed an email to staff this morning 'Tuesday 20th May' - it's Wednesday isn't it, is it?

Earlier this year we bought a 'Dementia clock' for my MIL (she doesn't have Dementia) but struggled to know which day of the week it was - off to Amazon, I need one of those:ph34r:xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/18/2020 at 20:12, Mouseketeer said:

Don’t bother with the open-ed one I did....it was sooo boring, not a great format for online training, said 8 hrs (it was something to do with leadership and team working), you had to do a lot self reflection writing, I much prefer read something, answer questions, pass section.

Good tip - thanks Mousie

I have completed three from https://kscmp.org.uk/training I am feeling quite virtuous! :D

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Is anyone else suffering with a severe case of 'lockdown brain' - I headed an email to staff this morning 'Tuesday 20th May' - it's Wednesday isn't it, is it?

Earlier this year we bought a 'Dementia clock' for my MIL (she doesn't have Dementia) but struggled to know which day of the week it was - off to Amazon, I need one of those:ph34r:xD

I was doing fine, I would wake up each morning and recite the day.  .....then one day I cooked a full Sunday roast on a weekday- I've completely lost it since then.9_9

The bin men are my heroes, they are  the only stability in my life at the moment. 7am every Wednesday without fail :):)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Our bins have gone to a 2 week collection (i know we are lucky not to have had this before) but now find myself panicking if its a black or blue day!!

We have always been 'two weekly' since wheelie bins replaced the 'all in' bins - I am under extra pressure here my neighbour told me once "putting the bins out is Sam's job, I told him to just note which one you had put out and then nothing can go wrong" :bananas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Our bins have gone to a 2 week collection (i know we are lucky not to have had this before) but now find myself panicking if its a black or blue day!!

22 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

We have always been 'two weekly' since wheelie bins replaced the 'all in' bins - I am under extra pressure here my neighbour told me once "putting the bins out is Sam's job, I told him to just note which one you had put out and then nothing can go wrong" :bananas:

Our green waste is weekly, the other two rotate weeks.  

I live at the end of our  village, and for some reason  our side of the 'main'  road is the different the rest.    We are opposite collects of black/paper, and the following day. All good when I'm working as I just know its the opposite when I drive home on a Tuesday which bin to put out when I get home.  - obviously we have to think about which one now!

• Like 1

And ours a fortnightly genereral waste on Thursday, with the following Thursday for the recyclables then the garden bin in the Friday!   So many blooming bins and boxes and bags!! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

I was doing fine, I would wake up each morning and recite the day.  .....then one day I cooked a full Sunday roast on a weekday- I've completely lost it since then.9_9

The bin men are my heroes, they are  the only stability in my life at the moment. 7am every Wednesday without fail :):)

I only know Monday as it’s click and collect day and Wednesday as it’s bin day!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

As ever, I am grateful to my 'Friday friends' it is good to know that I am not the only one uncertain of the day of the week xD

I think it’s probably half the population at the moment Sunnyday!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

As ever, I am grateful to my 'Friday friends' it is good to know that I am not the only one uncertain of the day of the week xD

I see what you did there.... You've just tried to convince us all it's Friday - well you not getting me I know its Monday xD

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I see what you did there.... You've just tried to convince us all it's Friday - well you not getting me I know its Monday xD

I like that louby - but it really is Friday!

Just got my washing in and a flaming albatross (well probably a pigeon) has 'pooed' on it :ph34r: I might have aid something quite unsuitable

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Sue said:

Surely it is blursday .... I am getting used to not knowing what day it is at all and the bank holiday this weekend will not help, I will be even more confused :P

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!    Blursday is the the new - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday! :D:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3