Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

Me too this year :(

Think I'm getting fed up of all the new 'trends and buzzwords'. which are in reality simply what we did years ago- which wasn't good enough at the time o.O

Absolutely - also needing to constantly feed these new 'trends and buzzwords' to staff team

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Several times in my case! 

Perhaps that's the problem - have been there, done that just too many times 

You and me both sunnyday !

I’m sure they all think the information fairies just drop it in our heads whilst sleeping and not that we have to research, read and  retain it all, I am a little worried about my lack of enthusiasm this holiday for anything work related (i’ve begrudgingly done the necessary - well nearly),  no inclination to move anything around, set up anything new or revamp anything, I’m used to being  on my own when it comes to everything that needs doing in the holidays but am so fed up of feeling like I have to beg to get any help to do anything, could someone stick a rocket up my a#@% please :/

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Sob - the last Friday of summer holiday - have never known it go so fast...….

Still haven't completed my TDL - cross with myself really - might have to carry a couple of items forward into the start of the new term

Happy weekend to all:)

Don't feel bad... I've done nothing really after a good start first week... and I still have to completely finish the accounts. Although this year we have made enough money to actually get an accountant now!

I'm really not up for going back :| I'm seriously hoping once back I'll remind my mojo.  Never actually felt like this before O.o

I did go in during the week to check things over. We've had new electrics in hall, and our storage cupboard now has a light sensor and no switch. However this only says on for about 10 seconds- as a packaway this is not helpful :oxD  Hopefully it should be sorted before next Tuesday !

• Like 3

I have done very little on the TDL this summer - am currently going back without even all the 'essentials' sorted.  I am feeling a similar lack of 'oomph' about the return.  Some of that I know will disappear once I get back and some of the unknowns become known!

However, it is a lovely clear morning here.  I've had a good breakfast and am already 2 down when it comes to eating 5 a day (new resolution to eat lots more fruit and veggies) and have been for a 'brisk walk' round the block which included a couple of people who smiled and said "morning" - makes a really nice start to the day.  I'm just writing my menu plan for the and will then go shopping and do errands in town.  The washing machine has just finished and it's the perfect day for drying outside so it will smell lovely.  There are lots of things to smile about today!

• Like 5

I agree young Froglet lots to smile about today 

I have benn super busy including a visit to my setting - might have felt a little twinge of 'yes, this is where I belong'

Had a lovely visit from the grandson who is headed for Uni in three weeks time - he is a mix of excited and nervous which is understandable it's a huge step for him

Have spent a few happy ours in the garden, I am determined to 'put it to bed' for the winter properly this year

Edited by sunnyday
been not benn and hours not ours!
  • Like 2

On 23/08/2019 at 19:34, Mouseketeer said:

I’m not saying it’s the right track but that’s going to be as good as it gets :-D , I’m also wanting staff to get into the mind set of thinking ‘what do we want each child to achieve - Intent’, ‘what resources/enhancements could they offer - Implementation’ and ‘did it meet it’s intention?/did the child achieve - Impact’...I have no idea if that”s the right track either 😂 

would you add this to planning sheets or just expect staff to use these phrases when talking about each childs' next steps?

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Hi Blondie

We don’t do any planning sheets, I want staff to make the links to our current practice and be able to explain it confidently e.g Next Steps/Intent, how those NS’s will be supported/Implementation and what was the outcome/Impact.

That's what I thought, it would be up to each key person to explain why they have chosen next steps, how they are going to support children with these and what happened eg consolidating, achieving etc.,

And you use next steps to decide what goes out resource wise?

• Like 1

Staff back tomorrow,  children Wednesday.  

Think I'll survive until half term....... buuuuttttttt we have so many 2 year olds! :o:/, they may finish me off!

I popped in to today for 5mins just to check all ok and drop 10 tonnes of washing off- and other two year old appeared asking for a space (well to be fair it was the parent asking)

• Like 2

:o I have had a 'disaster'...….recently saw a recipe for play-dough made in a slow cooker...….thought I'd give it a go, don't ever be tempted, it has taken me ages to clean my 'crock pot' and the resulting dough is definitely 'sub-standard'...…..never again.... 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

:o I have had a 'disaster'...….recently saw a recipe for play-dough made in a slow cooker...….thought I'd give it a go, don't ever be tempted, it has taken me ages to clean my 'crock pot' and the resulting dough is definitely 'sub-standard'...…..never again.... 

I just mix it cold, I never 'cook' it.  My staff member that also makes it cooks hers- but I'm just lazy xD

21 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I just mix it cold, I never 'cook' it.  My staff member that also makes it cooks hers- but I'm just lazy xD

I always 'cook' - usually use the microwave method

Saw this slow cooker one and thought it looked good - just chuck it all in, stir and leave to do it's own thing...…..as I said, never again :bananas:

14 hours ago, zigzag said:

I have used the cooked method for years, I now use the imagination trees no cook recipe and it’s great.

I will have to look for that recipe :)

In the meantime we will have to 'struggle on' with the play-dough as it is - I am not wasting it xD

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I will have to look for that recipe :)

In the meantime we will have to 'struggle on' with the play-dough as it is - I am not wasting it xD

no cook play dough recipe.docx

Please tell us what's wrong with it Sunnyday - I always found if I left out the cream of tartar my playdough was horrendous!     so sticky no amount of extra flour made any difference to it.

17 minutes ago, Panders said:

no cook play dough recipe.docx

Please tell us what's wrong with it Sunnyday - I always found if I left out the cream of tartar my playdough was horrendous!     so sticky no amount of extra flour made any difference to it.

Once it’s made, add some glycerin and knead into the mixture, this makes a lovely mixture.

On the subject of playdough has anyone tried the 'magic colour changing'  and as it it as good as people say?

Basically you just put a ball of deep colour in the middle so as the children use is it changes colour.

I often find some these things a disappointment when you actually try them!

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

On the subject of playdough has anyone tried the 'magic colour changing'  and as it it as good as people say?

Basically you just put a ball of deep colour in the middle so as the children use is it changes colour.

I didn't think of doing it with a ball of ready coloured playdough - that would have been so much easier!  I used gel colours though so I did once shape the dough into a flattish disc then put a blob of colour in the middle and pull up the edges around - I turned it over and gently 'rolled' a bit like making bread rolls?  The colour changing worked but was messy - a few stained hands!  Luckily I didn't have worrisome parents that year.  It was fun but 'faffy'.  I do think the ball of deep coloured dough in the middle would work and be easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, louby loo said:

I rarely found any of those hints and tricks on pinterest work really well.    But I just used to put in 3 coloured balls of playdough and as the children worked it it used to go like marble patterning and finally into one colour, even if it was what I call pre-school yuk coloured!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1