Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

13 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I thought it was a bit tough coming in the last week...who needs it? We were ofsteded just into the start of the last cycle so guess we could be up anywhen between Sept’19 and End of Summer’23 😂 

Now I am very confused - nothing new there - I attended a briefing thingy yesterday and one of the things they told us was that the new 'Ofsted cycle' starts Sept '20 and ends July '24

I had the dates that you have used

Who knows...….

When was your last Inspection Mousie?

5 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

You’d nail it and a great feeling to go into the summer hols, I’d much prefer this end of the year (though maybe not THE last week) to show where the chn have come, their confidence and how independent they are (mostly) than a new school year, we have 20 nicely rounded 4yr olds shipping out and 16 not so nicely rounded 2yr olds coming aboard O.o

Your numbers are staying good there Mousie....

Our Inspection was July last year and I was more than happy with that for the reasons that you have stated - mind you it was quite our last week of term, I wouldn't like that at all

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

we've been so low on numbers this year I only have 12 leavers! unheard of for us and im only sending to two schools (well 4 if you count school nurseries) …..it's been a VERY strange year lets hope we don't have this again next year for the first time ever we made a loss>:(

Yep - 13 leavers for me - it's September that is causing me most concern - numbers are going to be ridiculously low :(

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

We are returning Monday 6th January - are you later than this - have I done something daft?:ph34r:

That’s what I was planning Sunnyday but it says our funding is to 27th March and the school terms are to Fri 3rd, i’m hoping we will have a weeks carry forward as this year.

We are sending 7 or 8 less than normal to school...it does seem to be a general thing, something must have put people off having children 4 yrs ago?

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

We are sending 7 or 8 less than normal to school...it does seem to be a general thing, something must have put people off having children 4 yrs ago?

That's kind of reassuring in that several of the schools I know having been worrying that the drop in their reception numbers this year is down to something they did!

• Like 1

All our local schools are down, we often have a couple out of our main schools catchment that don’t get in but they are 7 down this yr so no problem, another school is only 14 and they usually have a full intake, we already have more in the 2020 cohort.

Edited by Mouseketeer

Well it seems that could be why Essex only funded 37 weeks last year, having checked this year they are running our spring term up to 3rd April rather than the 27th March.   (I think the tax year runs from the first Monday in April??? - maybe thats why?)

Now I am very confused - nothing new there - I attended a briefing thingy yesterday and one of the things they told us was that the new 'Ofsted cycle' starts Sept '20 and ends July '24

I had the dates that you have used

Who knows...….

When was your last Inspection Mousie?

You’re right sunny, I was going on 3yrs but it’s 4, ours was Nov’16 (I think)

13 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well it seems that could be why Essex only funded 37 weeks last year, having checked this year they are running our spring term up to 3rd April rather than the 27th March.   (I think the tax year runs from the first Monday in April??? - maybe thats why?)

I think that’s why, the same happened this year, I just wish they’d tell us, they have to know already and EYA payroll are asking for dates on workbooks.

• Like 1

Well that's it then - 'I'm free' - have no idea where this last school year has gone.....

Lovely picnic to end with today, spits and spots of rain which we all just ignored :D very emotional parents this year, not quite sure why

My plan at the moment is to really crack on with the TDL next week, hopefully I can then start to relax - of course that could all change, I might not feel like cracking on at all when Monday morning comes round....

Lunch booked tomorrow with two of my dearest friends really looking forward to a good catch up with them

Sunday start to sort my house out a bit - it all seems quite untidy here:ph34r: 

• Like 2

Congratulations Sunnyday!  I hope you can sort the TDL soon - that will be a great thing to have off your mind.  

I have 3 more days to go - am planning to take this evening off and then work all weekend.  My niece and nephew finished school yesterday (my nephew's last day at primary school!), my friends all finished today.  Consequently I am feeling grumpy!

I am moving classrooms this year - right to the other side of school. I've just heard today that it's unlikely I'll be able to get in much over the holiday to sort things due to building work that is going on. :(  Don't know how I'm going to be ready for September.  Once I am off lots of serious house cleaning will be needed though!

• Like 2

Sounds like fun Honey :)

My lunch yesterday with friends was lovely - came home feeling completely relaxed

Have spent this morning cleaning - feeling very pleased with myself :D

Forgot to say that I have my gorgeous 'holiday dog' here for the next two weeks - I forgot he was here when I came down this morning - walked into my kitchen and this huge brown thing moved - frightened the life out of me xD

Edited by sunnyday
have already lost the ability to spell
  • Like 5

We had a family lunch yesterday - middle son's birthday - we also met up with his partner's family for the first time (scary) and son and partner popped a balloon full of what turned out to be pink confetti - a girl then, due in December.:D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Panders said:

We had a family lunch yesterday - middle son's birthday - we also met up with his partner's family for the first time (scary) and son and partner popped a balloon full of what turned out to be pink confetti - a girl then, due in December.:D

Oh wow - great news

3 hours ago, Panders said:

Yay congratulations!!!  :D Another December baby.  We don't know what ours is yet though. xx

• Like 3

My Niece found out on Wednesday that the twins that she is having are two girls!  So excited, a long time since we had a baby in the family.  Just sad that they live in Kent so I will not be able to have lots of cuddles and babysitting duties!

• Like 5

Well I had a very early start this morning - youngest granddaughter (4) stayed overnight - all my idea, she has been waking in the night for the last couple of weeks saying/crying "my tummy hurts" - her poor mummy is exhausted. She has been to the docs, urine tested, tummy checked and all seems well. I suggested a night here to see if we could 'break the habit', I suspect that is all it is...….anyway, good little girl, she slept all night but was wide awake at 5:30 :o:D we brought her into bed with us in the hope that we might get an extra hour, but no, she was raring to go!

Meant to be spending today working on my accounts - hmmm no sign of that happening, however, in my defence, I have taken granddaughter home, have walked the holiday dog, dug potatoes for tonight's dinner and tackled my ironing pile and sorted washing oh and paid some bills

:ph34r: Wonder what else I can think of that needs doing just to avoid the accounts :D

• Like 2

Well I am storming my way through my paperwork TDL and it feels so cathartic! I always feel it’s like a new start, everything up to date even though you know it won’t last and by the end of Autumn term  you will be chasing your tail again!  Still got policies to go through and a few other bits that seem to be added on a daily basis to the TDL. It’s boiling hot and overcast here so no sun so am not tempted to just sit in the garden which helps productivity.  Once the paperwork is done I will turn my attention to a good clean and sort of the setting and then hoping I can switch off completely.  Does anyone else have trouble walking away and not doing or thinking about work? The only holiday I ever seem to have a shut down switch on is the Christmas one.  Got to brave the holiday traffic and whip to town later, the journey that only takes twenty minutes in winter now takes forty due to all the tourists!

• Like 2

Definitely zigzag...went in to run payroll (could have done it at home) 4 hrs later came home, had to phone BT just knew I would have too, then messed around trying to create an online questionnaire, that didn’t go so well either now sat here here thinking I could be doing something else, it always takes me a while to settle into the holidays :-( 

Anyone want to share TDLs?   

Sometime if feel like I suffer from Imposter Syndrome and that I'm missing things :/

• Policies all up to date and signed.
  • Names for September ready to print off (I just do a quick paper print off for newbies - to check spelling before laminating) 
  • Registers 'in hand' as it were xD
  • Cleaning and sorting resources. - day booked at work with other staff member.
  • Check first aid boxes.
  • Assign key children
  • All new child paperwork sent out/sorted. We have no post box at hall, and I don't give out my home address- so much of this is done first week back anyway, unless done via email.

I'm sure there should be a lot more in there? 

Edited by louby loo
oh, forgot the biggie -

12 minutes ago, louby loo said:

The accounts! :oxDxD

You are so funny! That's my biggie :ph34r: and I should, note should, have been making an inroad into mine today, needless to say that didn't happen - oh well maybe tomorrow (or the next day xD)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Definitely zigzag...went in to run payroll (could have done it at home) 4 hrs later came home, had to phone BT just knew I would have too, then messed around trying to create an online questionnaire, that didn’t go so well either now sat here here thinking I could be doing something else, it always takes me a while to settle into the holidays :-( 

Oh how frustrating for you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zigzag said:

Well I am storming my way through my paperwork TDL and it feels so cathartic! I always feel it’s like a new start, everything up to date even though you know it won’t last and by the end of Autumn term  you will be chasing your tail again!  Still got policies to go through and a few other bits that seem to be added on a daily basis to the TDL. It’s boiling hot and overcast here so no sun so am not tempted to just sit in the garden which helps productivity.  Once the paperwork is done I will turn my attention to a good clean and sort of the setting and then hoping I can switch off completely.  Does anyone else have trouble walking away and not doing or thinking about work? The only holiday I ever seem to have a shut down switch on is the Christmas one.  Got to brave the holiday traffic and whip to town later, the journey that only takes twenty minutes in winter now takes forty due to all the tourists!

Go zigzag - well done you!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Anyone want to share TDLs?   

Sometime if feel like I suffer from Imposter Syndrome and that I'm missing things :/

• Policies all up to date and signed.
  • Names for September ready to print off (I just do a quick paper print off for newbies - to check spelling before laminating) 
  • Registers 'in hand' as it were xD
  • Cleaning and sorting resources. - day booked at work with other staff member.
  • Check first aid boxes.
  • Assign key children
  • All new child paperwork sent out/sorted. We have no post box at hall, and I don't give out my home address- so much of this is done first week back anyway, unless done via email.

I'm sure there should be a lot more in there? 

Oh my actual goodness - your policies are up to date?

• Registers
  • Contact details
  • New accident forms (bit more detailed than old ones)
  • Check through and update Safeguarding file.
  • Funding forms and headcount online.
  • Update forms in student file.
  • End of year Tapestry clean up.
  • Read through and update/amend policies.
  • Create an online section to safeguarding folder.
  • Go through my managers file and ensure all up to date ready for Ofsted.
  • Get to grips with new framework.
  • Check and update welcome pack and admission forms.
  • Staff training plans.
  • Name labels.
  • Set up new Tapestry accounts (nearer the return date)
  • Archive paperwork from children just left.
  • Clean setting.
  • Sand a wall so that it can be covered with sticky back plastic stuff!
  • create a super duper curiosity approach home corner.
  • If feeling motivated enough paint the rather bright cloakroom in a more neutral colour.
  • Recover display boards.

Think that’s it but I guess there will be more....

1 hour ago, zigzag said:
  • Registers
  • Contact details
  • Staff training plans.
  • Name labels.
  • Clean setting.
  • If feeling motivated enough paint the rather bright cloakroom in a more neutral colour.

share your accident forms?????please?????pretty please????? xxxxxxxx

34 minutes ago, zigzag said:
  • Registers
  • Contact details
  • Staff training plans.
  • Name labels.
  • Clean setting.

Right....:ph34r: I need to know the contents of the 'Managers File". :ph34r::ph34r: Sounds like something in need :/ 

Oh my actual goodness - your policies are up to date?

An Incredibly smug faced yes.   And I have to say I'm about 3rd of the way through accounting tasks too:o

Although I did have last week as a working without children week. :)

• Like 1