Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

17 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Why is it that this has felt like a long week when we started with a Bank holiday Monday? 9_9

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

Well, I've had advisor visits and observations to add to my list which definitely made it feel long.  It's been one of those where I'm ridiculously exhausted for a 4-day week but can't quite believe that a whole week has gone past since last Friday!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh no louby I'm sorry to read that......

One was a neighbour, and a very sad shock :(, the other was an 96 year old Aunt that didn't actually like anybody! but it did mean an overnight trip for me and my brother, and it was good to see our cousin :) ( even she wasn't much liked by her mother O.o)

Happy weekend everyone :)

It has been a very mixed week for us - some real magic moments, but the some quite challenging behaviour at times - think that they might be getting twitchy about the move to primary school...…...

• Like 1

On 17/05/2019 at 19:04, louby loo said:

Ours have been pretty wild this week too! :o.

I know I say this each week, but I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone. In 8 weeks time this wildness will be over :o:o

Eight weeks!  that's mad!

Oh my actual goodness - not only is it Friday but it is the start of half-term (usual apologies to those not lucky enough to get a break now) - how has that happened?:o

I have an extensive TDL which will keep me chained to my lap-top for some time, but I also have a lunch with friends tomorrow, garden show on Monday and I intend to spend lots of time reading, gardening and sleeping!:D

Hope that everyone has a great week:)

P.S. perhaps I should explain "oh my actual goodness" is something my 12 year old granddaughter is fond of saying - always makes me smile!

• Like 1

Oh my actual goodness it is the weekend and half term and despite the fact that I will spend much of it writing reports, working on the TDL and catching up with life I am so relieved I made it!

Many of my children have been shattered and I have dealt with tears most days over important crises such as 'he looked at me funny', 'she says I can't come to her party' and 'he says I have to be a banana and I don't want to so I slapped him!"

I did end the week with a smile - one of my children said something to which I replied saying "It's inappropriate to say that."  Cue puzzlement from several children who said 'What's inappropriate?' and a gasp from another who said "Inappropriate?  That's really bad, that is!"

In between the TDL and other stuff I'm intending to sleep, do some sorting out at home, will see my niblings a little (they're having a sleepover at granny's) and I am sure will bake something - I'm thinking of starting with coconut biscuits today and I really want to have a go at making a pork pie...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Said it before and I'll say it again I like the sound of your class!

Oh my actual goodness think I might slap anyone who said I had to be a banana :bananas:

xD You'd be welcome to join them - main criteria is to be a bit 'interesting'!

I'd like to clarify that after unpicking the banana problem it turned out they were playing banana tag (which I've also had to explain to my mum and dad to their bemusement!)

• Like 1

I'm planning to be dynamic today...  I have decided that I simply don't get enough done and waste far too much time on 'nothing' things.  Always makes me feel lazy and guilty - especially in comparison to my sister and mum (both of whom I saw yesterday)... I need productiveness to assuage my guilt!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I'm planning to be dynamic today...  I have decided that I simply don't get enough done and waste far too much time on 'nothing' things.  Always makes me feel lazy and guilty - especially in comparison to my sister and mum (both of whom I saw yesterday)... I need productiveness to assuage my guilt!

Me too!!!!

Sadly though I feel..... sitting with leisurely enjoying tea and toast reading this a 9.30am does not bode well ... maybe tomorrow??..9_9

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Me too!!!!

Sadly though I feel..... sitting with leisurely enjoying tea and toast reading this a 9.30am does not bode well ... maybe tomorrow??..9_9

I love your thinking lobby loo!   Have had a lovely long walk this morning, ending with her having a swim in the sea, which is hysterical as she is still learning to swim, really does put a whole new meaning to doggy paddle!  

A bit miffed as a setting was meant to be sending me all the SENCO and MARU info about a new child on Friday and they haven’t done it and I think they are now on half term.  Was hoping to read up and get sorted and prepared during half term so that I could hit the ground running when we go back.  Going to spend a day in setting doing some work and then enjoy the rest of the week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

Me too!!!!

Well, I've dynamically done the dishes, finished writing my 'Sunday note', written my menu plan and been grocery shopping.  I'm currently cooking some sausage rolls and leek and potato soup for lunch this week.  I treated myself to clotted cream to go with the scone I'm planning on making later on today.  Accidentally I bought cherries, white and milk chocolate chips - I feel cookies may be on the horizon...

• Like 1

We were supposed to be going to a garden show yesterday but Mr S wasn't having a good day on the breathing front so we couldn't go :( should have spent the day being 'dynamic' but that really didn't happen :D however I did spend some time with both sons, both lovely daughters-in-law and three of my gorgeous grandchildren which was lovely! :)

Told myself that it would be all systems go on the old TDL this morning - erm, well......I have set my term dates and re-written my fee structure document and sent one email...…..must be time for a coffee break now :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Do I need one of these? :/   My fees are just 'x' per session.

Sorry to hear Mr S not feeling 100% :|

No you don't need one of those - it is a Kent 'thing' - have to produce this in order to be compliant - total waste of time and paper in my humble 

Thanks for thinking of Mr S - he just has some 'poor' days - just have to keep hoping that the 'good' days outweigh those...…..

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

No you don't need one of those - it is a Kent 'thing' - have to produce this in order to be compliant - total waste of time and paper in my humble 

Thanks for thinking of Mr S - he just has some 'poor' days - just have to keep hoping that the 'good' days outweigh those...…..

One thing about Essex - They give us nothing and ask for nothing in return :D

• Haha 2

I do love these holiday conversations. You people do make me smile. I am in awe of all this home cooking. Did not realise you could actually make a pork pie thought they just found themselves on shelves in supermarkets!

Sorry i have nothing to impress you with except that i am still in bed!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LKeyteach said:

I do love these holiday conversations. You people do make me smile. I am in awe of all this home cooking. Did not realise you could actually make a pork pie thought they just found themselves on shelves in supermarkets!

I think still being in bed is actually quite impressive, I am up but not dressed really need to get my act together soon!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LKeyteach said:

:D Pork pies are on my list of things I would never normally make but want to try just to see if I can!!  Having said that when I was up visiting my brother earlier in the year he bought us some freshly made pork pies from their local butcher - they were amazing!!  If I can get one to taste something like that it would be well worth the effort.  Making a battenberg cake is also on my list and in the past I've made jaffa cakes, crumpets and English muffins - I would do the muffins again too.

The actuality of it is that today I've managed to get the lights fixed on my car and posted a letter to New Zealand, eaten lunch and very little else!

• Like 2

Room reshuffle completed!  Now let’s see what happens when children are added into the mix! Now need to get my head around the new inspection framework.  Spent the day in work today doing this and having a general tidy and clean up.  I do love time spent doing this on my own, shame it won’t look like that for long come Monday morning!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Room reshuffle completed!  Now let’s see what happens when children are added into the mix! Now need to get my head around the new inspection framework.  Spent the day in work today doing this and having a general tidy and clean up.  I do love time spent doing this on my own, shame it won’t look like that for long come Monday morning!

Well done you!

Funny old day here - I did get some work done and then had a phone call from my lovely Mother-in law sadly she is getting increasingly confused and needed some help to try and sort out a banking problem - this still not sorted will need to ring her bank in the morning I don't suppose they will speak to me so will need to do it from her house - hey ho