Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Yes, I can very well believe it!  It's scandalous that a new printer with inks can cost less than the price of replacement inks.  That makes my blood boil as it encourages us to be a throw away society! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cait said:

Yes, I can very well believe it!  It's scandalous that a new printer with inks can cost less than the price of replacement inks.  That makes my blood boil as it encourages us to be a throw away society! 

That was the main reason I tried to fix mine, I have a full set of ink cartridges >:(.  I'm one of those people that likes to have spares rather than waiting for them to run out.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2019 at 15:03, Panders said:

Change of topic - as ever - I found on BBC Iplayer a couple of days ago re-runs of the original Delia Smith Cookery course first shown 1978!!   I remember recording it on our first ever vhs recorder back in the day.    By today's standards its more like a home economics lesson, but do remember it being soooo helpful when I was just getting to grips with proper cooking.

Oh! I need to find this!  My husband has retired and  seriously needs to learn to cook . This would be ideal for him :):)

Oh my word - not only is it Friday but the start of half-term! (usual apologies to those not lucky enough to get a break)

This is, of course, the half-term that marks the 'halfway through the school year' - we have a wall planner in our setting - I looked at it today and said "wow, look we have 'done' that half already" :D

Have a not inconsiderable TDL to plough through - but I will take my time and just fit it in around more interesting and leisurely pursuits :)

Hasn't the weather been amazing? Would love to think that the cold is behind us and we can just gently slide into spring!

Happy weekend and happy half-term :)

• Like 1

The weather is totally amazing.  We didn’t even go in for a second today, just stayed outside all morning.  I really hope the weather settles from now on.....bit early I guess to hope for that!

Got some outdoor jobs to do this week in the playground so hoping that the good weather continues, not to much paperwork thank goodness.  Anyone know what the best paint to paint tyres and the playground is?  I think we used normal outdoor emulsion last time, but if anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them.  The number line and alphabet caterpillar need re pa8nting and the tyres need a big overhaul!

Happy half term everyone🙂

• Like 1

Looking on pinterest, recommends spray paint suitable for plastic, but average tyre takes a couple of cans especially lighter colours..  .    Clean tyre and allow to dry over night.  Drill drainage holes ( that's what we didn't do and the children used to gather up the rainwater which used to collect or if you tipped one up, all the water went over your feet!)  Lay tire on a couple of bricks when dry turnover and spray other side.  If adding painted details use stencils, and outdoor acrylic paint.  Some great designs on pinterest

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Talking of printers - mine is apparently 'in error state' - it will be when I throw it out of the window :(

Thought that I should make some sort of start on the jolly TDL seems that my printer has different ideas :D

:o>:(  I feel your pain Sunnyday.   Me and technology have not had the best of times in the last year or two!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So here we again - it's Friday! :D

Very good week at work - yay - long may it last!

Have a had a very 'proud nana' moment this week - oldest grandson has had an unconditional offer from the university of his choice - I am so pleased for him!

Happy weekend to all - hope that you can spend it doing all the things that you most enjoy :)

• Like 5

You’re not old enough to have a grandson old enough to even think about university!

Congratulations to him, that’s great news.

I’m having a proud Aunty day as my shy nephew rang me after school to tell me which secondary school he’d got a place at.

Long week at school this week, I need your good wishes that I shall stay sane and am able to stay focused enough to get things done and clear the decks a little this weekend! Have a good one everyone! 

• Like 3

Crikey - struggled to find this thread - my screen is full of training opportunities

Friday again - I'm sure time is speeding up - must be my extreme old age I think:/:D

Have our youngest grandson for the day tomorrow - he is such a 'scrummy' little boy we are very lucky to have him :)

Happy weekend y'all

• Like 1

Happy Friday/weekend!

It's a wet one here but luckily not at afternoon playtime!  Sunnyday enjoy your grandson time!

I am spending the weekend working - catching up on marking, planning, prep for parents evening, performance management meeting and a pupil progress meeting!  I'm not anticipating seeing a lot of sleep or a lot of sunshine!  Ah well, once the next week is over things don't exactly ease up but they will be easier!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Crikey - struggled to find this thread - my screen is full of training opportunities

I must admit that kinda annoyed me :o>:( .......... I gave up looking in the end. 

We have had just about the noisiest week ever O.o,  however the good news is we have been able to take on a new (albeit temp till end of July) staff member :D (means I can have some time off :)).  

• Like 5

On 3/8/2019 at 16:58, sunnyday said:

Hiya

Just a reminder you can custom the 'Activity Feed' so you only see what you want to see, here is a reminder how to do it "Manage the content that you see"

You can then decide NOT to see courses and events info for example if you would rather not.

If you select all activity then I am afraid you will get everything as the title suggests.

I hope that helps :D

• Like 1

Oh my goodness!  Yes I remember hyper children in windy days!  My Father in Law said it was all nonsense and I recall a quite heated discussion on the topic which ended in my saying something along the lines of 'I've looked after 280 three year olds in the past few years, so I think I'm slightly more qualified than you are to say what they are like.  You had two 3 year olds, ten years apart who you really only saw at weekends and holidays'.     As you can probably surmise, there wasn't much love lost between us as he took every opportunity to put me down.  "Are you not a proper teacher yet?  Why not?" 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1