Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

27 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Cleaned for two more hours this morning....where were you all?  The beacon was lit to guide you in, the kettle was on and the pasties were in the oven!

I ran out of snow south of Leeds!  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, zigzag said:

Cleaned for two more hours this morning....where were you all?  The beacon was lit to guide you in, the kettle was on and the pasties were in the oven!

Damn - we missed pasties:o

Truth to tell we got as far as Jamaica Inn and someone who shall remain nameless (Panders) decided we should stop over...…..

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Damn - we missed pasties:o

Truth to tell we got as far as Jamaica Inn and someone who shall remain nameless (Panders) decided we should stop over...…..

Oh no, have you been kidnapped by all the ghosts at the inn? 👻👻

• Haha 1

On 01/02/2019 at 18:04, Froglet said:

Ooh you’re getting technical (and relevant)! You can definitely have a medal. It was more along the lines of:

Can I have a drink/tissue?

I need to take my cardigan off/put it on

Can I go for a toilet?

I haven’t got the paper/book/work.

Can I go and work with Mrs C (not even in school today).

or my current favourite because it appears helpful but takes ages and drives me mad is to wander slowly yet purposefully round the classroom pushing every chair in very precisely!

These children grow up to be adults who walk around holding a clipboard and looking at papers intently ... or they spend ages 'fixing' the photocopier :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wow! 'tis Friday again!

Very good week at preschool - yay!

Expecting the 'tribe' to descend later as it is Mr S birthday today (he is 104)xD

Youngest granddaughter (3) has managed to wangle herself a 'sleepover' with us tonight :) and will spend tomorrow here too

Family party tomorrow evening - niece and great niece combined - 50th and 18th - really looking forward to that!

Sunday - I'm hoping for a quiet day:)

Hope the weekend is kind to everyone......

• Like 4

Have a brilliant set of celebrations this weeken Sunnyday! Sounds brilliant. Happy Birthday to all.  Bit of a weird week at work but it’s done now. Off to see The Full Monty tonight. Mostly work this weekend but I had an idea for sticky toffee madeleines and I have a friend in need of a bit of TLC so I might combine the two and deliver a surprise present. I’ve decided to start writing a weekly note to someone that goes snail mail. I’m going to start with my niece who sent me a lovely text on her mummy’s phone yesterday. I’ve treated myself to some pretty notepaper so I’m looking forward to that.

• Like 3

so who fancy's gate crashing the parties at Sunny's then!xD??

I am Kna****ed! have a member of staff off sick and another who's just discovered she's not very well and will need some time off I suspect . I said to my colleague today that if I feel this tired on a Friday after  'after school club' then how do the children feel!! :ph34r:

I currently have a little chap with SEND who is proving VERY challenging and LOUD! had to remove from the classroom today twice as he's upsetting other newbies..got his shoes lobbed at me for that:D i'm getting good at duckingO.oho hum onwards and upwards....spoke to another local setting this week and she's got 3 children on SS plans so there's always someone else worst offO.o

Looking forward to a bath/gin and deliveroo:D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

unfortunately the Deliveroo didn't happen last night! their IT system crashed for the whole of North eastern Europe....suspect that might have been a rather expensive night for them!:ph34r:

Had to satisfy myself with the bath of gin :D

Well I'm sorry but you have no sympathy from me xDxD......... you're already lucky enough to be in an area that is actually covered be deliveroo in the first place!

[lighted-heated I should add :)]

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, louby loo said:

Well I'm sorry but you have no sympathy from me xDxD......... you're already lucky enough to be in an area that is actually covered be deliveroo in the first place!

[lighted-heated I should add :)]

what are you doing up Louby loo?   back to bed immediately:D

13 hours ago, Panders said:

ok, but don't exhaust yourself

Actually my challenge this weekend was to repair my printer. xD  (I have actually brought a new one, but I had a load of inks left over from the broken one and I hate waste :)

With the help of Youtube- and a lot of mocking from family and our techno wizard friend it is now in many pieces on the dinning room table and my hands are multi-coloured xD.   I just need to put it all back together now......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Way to go, loubty loo - enough pieces left over to make a new one no doubt.    We had to have a new printer just before that very special time in December (see what I did there?)   Got it from Aldi in the end - £30, and delivered.   Works very well, haven't had to buy any ink yet, came with ink in already have previously bought HP but this is a Canon.   Printers are seriously more trouble than they are worth sometimes, but couldn't be without it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Way to go, loubty loo - enough pieces left over to make a new one no doubt.    We had to have a new printer just before that very special time in December (see what I did there?)   Got it from Aldi in the end - £30, and delivered.   Works very well, haven't had to buy any ink yet, came with ink in already have previously bought HP but this is a Canon.   Printers are seriously more trouble than they are worth sometimes, but couldn't be without it.

Well sadly I took the whole thing to bits, cleaned the heads, I even managed to get it back together again (with not leftover bits- YAY :D)........ but it still doesn't  print :(

Still I've entertained friends and family for the weekend xD   Tecno Wizard friend suggested I should have just bought an old printer for a fiver (same model) and used my inks up that way!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One of my printers stopped working many moons ago.  It had been a great workhorse and I was really sad at its demise.   My son was doing his PhD and making 3D printers at the time, so I offered it to him for scrap parts - gears and connectors etc.  He began the process of unscrewing and chopping wires etc to get to the bits he wanted.  It was only when he got to the paper rollers that we discovered a bank bag stuck between them!   Aaargh!  It's been the family joke ever since, after the 'switch it off and on again' to check for bank bags.   It hadn't displayed paper jam or anything, so there was no way of knowing that's what it was!  Sigh.  An expensive error, but Alan got lots of good parts! 

Edited by Cait
Sp
  • Haha 1

Hmm - think printers are the devil's work!  my last one had made the most incredible noises over the previous year when the carriage was "re-settling" itself, so when it just stopped printing a few weeks ago I was in little doubt as to what it was.    If I could have taken a sledgehammer to it I would have been quite happy, as it was I took it off to the small appliances dump area and threw it in with great gusto!

• Haha 1

Change of topic - as ever - I found on BBC Iplayer a couple of days ago re-runs of the original Delia Smith Cookery course first shown 1978!!   I remember recording it on our first ever vhs recorder back in the day.    By today's standards its more like a home economics lesson, but do remember it being soooo helpful when I was just getting to grips with proper cooking.

Edited by Panders