Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

21 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Goodness - poor Mr S had to remove two doors to allow access for the delivery men trying to get the new fridge/freezer in :o good news is it is now 'in' and I can switch it on in another 30 minutes - please all keep everything crossed that it works! :D

Phone call this afternoon from one of my lovely daughters-in-law asking if 'middle granddaughter' could stay over tonight - of course, no problem - just a big, big, sort out as her room was full of Christmas presents! :D

I see your smileys are back? I was about to launch a search party (or ask one of our Developers to find them for you) :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Goodness - poor Mr S had to remove two doors to allow access for the delivery men trying to get the new fridge/freezer in :o good news is it is now 'in' and I can switch it on in another 30 minutes - please all keep everything crossed that it works! :D

They carried our new fridge/freezer around to our back door- must be the furthest point from our front door- then they took the doors of the fridge to get it in!   I am please to say the fridge did work after they put the doors back on though :)

xx

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Sorry was trying to say...…..very cold here too - I might have mentioned before 'I don't do cold' :(xD

All on my lonesome this weekend - Mr S is in Ireland won't be back til late Monday

Happy weekend all :)

hubby working tomorrow..fancy a coffee!! he's just made brownies!xD

• Like 2

Cold here too!  I need to work hard this weekend (and not on fun stuff!).  Wish me luck, am really struggling at the moment.  Today, though, I had a heartwarming message from a friend telling me a local headship job had been advertised and he was sure I could do it!

I have been experimenting with the madeleines - cinnamon ones with caramel sauce last weekend.  This week I need to bake a cake for a baby shower and make a treat for some friends who are taking their school choir to perform at Young Voices - will be a long day for them! 

• Like 3

On 18/01/2019 at 21:41, Froglet said:

Cold here too!  I need to work hard this weekend (and not on fun stuff!).  Wish me luck, am really struggling at the moment.  Today, though, I had a heartwarming message from a friend telling me a local headship job had been advertised and he was sure I could do it!

I have been experimenting with the madeleines - cinnamon ones with caramel sauce last weekend.  This week I need to bake a cake for a baby shower and make a treat for some friends who are taking their school choir to perform at Young Voices - will be a long day for them! 

Are you going to go for the job? 

18 hours ago, Cait said:

Are you going to go for the job? 

I think so.  I went to look round this week, really lovely school.  Challenges like any other school but despite me missing out a fairly large chunk of the usual path to that role I truly think I could do it.  I need to do a bit more reading and thinking and mental readjustment and then we'll see.

This week has been ok, finally managed to get a couple of long overdue jobs done and have managed to get a catch up plan in place to deal with some of the others.  This weekend I have had a long lie in this morning which has done me the world of good and am now settling down for a steady afternoon of work.  Tomorrow I'm not sure of my plans, I suspect it will be some very exciting cleaning and tidying!  I might make some more madeleines - this week I experimented with orange ones with an orange glaze.  I didn't get to taste them but apparently they were good!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Froglet said:

I think so.  I went to look round this week, really lovely school.  Challenges like any other school but despite me missing out a fairly large chunk of the usual path to that role I truly think I could do it.  I need to do a bit more reading and thinking and mental readjustment and then we'll see.

This week has been ok, finally managed to get a couple of long overdue jobs done and have managed to get a catch up plan in place to deal with some of the others.  This weekend I have had a long lie in this morning which has done me the world of good and am now settling down for a steady afternoon of work.  Tomorrow I'm not sure of my plans, I suspect it will be some very exciting cleaning and tidying!  I might make some more madeleines - this week I experimented with orange ones with an orange glaze.  I didn't get to taste them but apparently they were good!

Good luck if  when you go for the job :)

The madeleines sound good.   I need to get back into baking, I'm doing the 'dechoc'  Feb, so I need a few back-up plans! xDxD

Have suddenly realised that I have been missing out on these conversations since January!  Well done on the cakes - hope you do go up for the job Froglet.   ;Hope Mr. S. enjoyed Ireland.   The winter lights at Canary Wharf - never knew they existed - ~Zigzag, glad you new adorable darling is settling in well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 18:25, Panders said:

Have suddenly realised that I have been missing out on these conversations since January!  Well done on the cakes - hope you do go up for the job Froglet.   ;Hope Mr. S. enjoyed Ireland.   The winter lights at Canary Wharf - never knew they existed - ~Zigzag, glad you new adorable darling is settling in well.

Thank goodness you have found a way back in - we missed you!:)

Mr S had a great time, thanks!

• Like 2

I have had all my class in every day for the first time since September! A couple of children who are going to win medals for procrastination and work avoidance strategies.

One in response to my “Have you written ‘can’ yet?” said “Well, I’ve just done some dots because I didn’t really want to do any more writing.”! Lots of very poorly staff off. Busy weekend with marking although I’m out for dinner with friends and really looking forward to it tonight.

Ooh you’re getting technical (and relevant)! You can definitely have a medal. It was more along the lines of:

Can I have a drink/tissue?

I need to take my cardigan off/put it on

Can I go for a toilet?

I haven’t got the paper/book/work.

Can I go and work with Mrs C (not even in school today).

or my current favourite because it appears helpful but takes ages and drives me mad is to wander slowly yet purposefully round the classroom pushing every chair in very precisely!

• Haha 1

Can you impulsively tell me that you know a new song/have a wobbly tooth or that (shock horror) X is looking at you and you don’t like it and you’ve said stop but they didn’t? All the while missing the point that the only way you know they’re looking at you is because you’re not looking at me and I’m actually in the middle of my 43rd attempt to finish the sentence saying what we’re learning next! If so... then you’d be a perfect fit!

• Haha 2

Well I've been told off today. :o xD

I stepped over a small barrier a child had made - knocking over one of the items .. I was told quite clearly

NO,    'my name"    No, we do not do that to other peoples work.. O.o  Me told then!  (I was about to build it back up as I thought he hadn't seen me)

• Haha 4

Well hubbys been away working all week in Bournemouth, first day he is gone the boiler breaks down!🥶🥶 Thankfully he managed to get home today, despite the snow up country. So he starts on fixing the boiler all going well until I hear a massive bang, go running into the kitchen and the whole place (including him) and now myself and my son is covered in soot.  Thankfully he was fine, but the whole downstairs of my house was covered and I mean covered in the horrible stuff.  It’s taken us four hours between us to get cleaned up.  I never realised what beastly stuff soot is and how hard it is to clean.  I have the feeling that I will be cleaning it for weeks to come as it settles!  Luckily the boiler started working again so it was all worthwhile......or so I thought until it gave up again.  I have a horrid feeling that after twenty years it may be giving up.

on the bright side, we had a good week at school🙂

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Panders said:

oh dear Zigzag what a catastrophe!   If you have seen one of the other threads you will know we are all on our way to play in your snow!  Think we had better back the cleaning buckets as well as the sledges

No snow down here Panders!  All we had was torrential rain and a bit of hail!  But you are welcome to bring your cleaning equipment!!