Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Our LA has updated today (maybe they've been watching our conversations .....:ph34r:   (although they don't pay for us to use this site anymore -so that would be rather naughty of them!)

Anyway - as I hoped, we will be doing a short summer '19 term 12 weeks instead of the usual 13.

So for financial year 19-20 we will be doing 12/14/12 weeks.

14 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

our summer term is 23 days!! confused???!!!! ^_^xDclue....we have 6 terms a year!

:o  do you have to do 6 headcounts a year?  We can only claim hours at the beginning of each 3 terms (unless a new child never before funded). Bit of a pain if parents want to increase hours during the term, it would be good to be able to amend mid term.

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

:o  do you have to do 6 headcounts a year?  We can only claim hours at the beginning of each 3 terms (unless a new child never before funded). Bit of a pain if parents want to increase hours during the term, it would be good to be able to amend mid term.

Same here - but to be honest 3 headcounts is enough for me - I detest our new 'synergy' system :ph34r:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, louby loo said:

no fortunately only 3 ....but now no changes allowed until the following term, although we can have new starters we cannot have changes to existing children!

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

our summer term is 23 days!! confused???!!!! ^_^xDclue....we have 6 terms a year!

It's six half terms per year. There are only three terms, Autumn (Sep to Xmas) , Spring (Jan to Easter)  and Summer (April to  July). We only do 3 headcounts but we can add children on up until the cut off date and we can add new children after the cut off but payment for them will be received as an extra payment during the next term. 

10 minutes ago, GFCCCC said:

It's six half terms per year. There are only three terms, Autumn (Sep to Xmas) , Spring (Jan to Easter)  and Summer (April to  July). We only do 3 headcounts but we can add children on up until the cut off date and we can add new children after the cut off but payment for them will be received as an extra payment during the next term. 

Not halves according to our LEA they are named 1-6 !:D

16 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Not halves according to our LEA they are named 1-6 !:D

Well surely, the name 'half term holiday' indicates that it is a holiday halfway through a term? If there are six, I would be interested to know what they are called. I'm going to ask Head of EY from our LA tomorrow - I'm quite lucky (or not) that we see her most days as her children come to our nursery :o

29 minutes ago, GFCCCC said:

Well surely, the name 'half term holiday' indicates that it is a holiday halfway through a term? If there are six, I would be interested to know what they are called. I'm going to ask Head of EY from our LA tomorrow - I'm quite lucky (or not) that we see her most days as her children come to our nursery :o

Christmas holiday/summer holiday /may holiday /October holiday etc etc etc. Really just a technicality it makes no difference at all except for the fact lots of our upper schools now do 2 week holidays which throws out the whole system:D

Here we are then - It's Friday - and not just any old Friday - but the start of half-term break for some of us :) (as ever, apologies to those not lucky enough to get a break)

Been a fairly good week really but I am more than ready for a week off now!

Got the usual fairly lengthy TDL - but if I put my mind to it (that's a big 'if') then I'm sure I could get it all done in a day:)

Have got lots of nice things planned for the week, including lunch with friends, an evening out with other friends, a big garden show and looking forward to a day with the two youngest grandchildren:)

Hope that your weeks are similarly filled with things you enjoy!

We finished yesterday - due to the brilliant idea of moving our 'inset training hours' up to Monday afternoon :D

However I have had to go into the hall today to seek 'the missing pooey knickers'!!!  Grhhhh    ...... I fear a staff member may have chucked them :oxDxD

My husband said- are we seriously looking for these or are you just winding me up? - he really doesn't understand some parents requests xD  Anyway, at great expense to the preschool, I feel a may need to spend £4.00 on a multi-pack and just replace the missing item!

Note- just for clarification a pair of slightly soiled legging were returned to parents- so it's not like anything untoward has happened re the missing  poo pants!

Two week break for us and am beginning my travels tomorrow but not actually abroad (unless you count going over the Tamar river into Devon) and some Cornish people do!🙄 until Tuesday.  Hope everyone has a great break and Sunnyday I will message you with my TDL😉😉😘

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 21/05/2018 at 19:17, finleysmaid said:

no fortunately only 3 ....but now no changes allowed until the following term, although we can have new starters we cannot have changes to existing children!

That’s pretty harsh, they should just think themselves lucky the child wasn’t doing the higher number of hours from the start of the term...if a child dropped a few hours say half way through the first half term can you keep the funding  until the end of term?

Louby loo I hope you get knicker gate sorted ...I’d be inclined to offer the pack of knickers as clearly in desperate need of some :P

sunnyday good luck with the TDL, I struggled to find much to put on mine 😇 (well not ‘must do’ but could probably find some ‘should do’ stuff, shout if you need anything paperwork based, I’m sure between us someone will have it.

zigzag how have you wangled 2 weeks? Enjoy your trip across the bridge 😊 

I’m off to delete all the spam I still got yesterday .......

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 2

Anyone else enjoy the amazing storm last night?

In all of my 103 years I have never experienced anything quite like that - the thunder was a continuous roaring, rumbling noise and the sky was lit with continual sheet lightening - just spectacular

Have spent the day today planting up my pots and troughs - am now a horrible dirty, sticky mess - next stop a long shower methinks :D

I now know what I need to buy from the Garden Show tomorrow - hope the weather is as good as today 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panders said:

yes Sunnyday a pretty spectacular event makes one feel very small in comparison to mummy nature.

Have not been outside today, not feeling great, so been holing up indoors getting the paracetemols down.

Oh no - hope you are soon feeling much better xxx

21 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Anyone else enjoy the amazing storm last night?

In all of my 103 years I have never experienced anything quite like that - the thunder was a continuous roaring, rumbling noise and the sky was lit with continual sheet lightening - just spectacular

Have spent the day today planting up my pots and troughs - am now a horrible dirty, sticky mess - next stop a long shower methinks :D

I now know what I need to buy from the Garden Show tomorrow - hope the weather is as good as today 

I didn't get anything other than a rumble early evening.  I'd been looking forward to it all day, I love a good thunderstorm!  Really sorry about the flooding some people are experiencing as a result though.

• Like 1

Just now, Froglet said:

I didn't get anything other than a rumble early evening.  I'd been looking forward to it all day, I love a good thunderstorm!  Really sorry about the flooding some people are experiencing as a result though.

It's due here any minute - I've got my eye on the sky at the moment - personal best time for rescuing a load of washing from the line, a tortoise from the garden and two boys from the park!!!!

Had to stop typing that ... huge crack of thunder, now soaking wet!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

It's due here any minute - I've got my eye on the sky at the moment - personal best time for rescuing a load of washing from the line, a tortoise from the garden and two boys from the park!!!!

Had to stop typing that ... huge crack of thunder, now soaking wet!

We have a bright blue cloud free sky ...and a stinking bonfire somewhere so a dash to rescue my washing too :-( 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

We have a bright blue cloud free sky ...and a stinking bonfire somewhere so a dash to rescue my washing too :-( 

I'm thinking of having a small bonfire - to dispose of a lot of GDPR stuff I've accumulated  :D

I will wait until nighttime though.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

It's beautiful here too (although without the bonfire!).  I was out for a walk at 6.30 this morning - so peaceful.  I spent the morning working on the TDL and this afternoon have had the luxury of being curled up with a book, the radio and the chocolate peppermint butterfly cakes I made yesterday!  In about half an hour I'm going to my mum and dad's for tea and they have a garden full of flowers, rabbits, birds, bats and occasionally a mouse with a view onto a field full of cows and the odd hare and a windmill in the distance - what a perfect first day of the holidays! :)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Froglet said:

It's beautiful here too (although without the bonfire!).  I was out for a walk at 6.30 this morning - so peaceful.  I spent the morning working on the TDL and this afternoon have had the luxury of being curled up with a book, the radio and the chocolate peppermint butterfly cakes I made yesterday!  In about half an hour I'm going to my mum and dad's for tea and they have a garden full of flowers, rabbits, birds, bats and occasionally a mouse with a view onto a field full of cows and the odd hare and a windmill in the distance - what a perfect first day of the holidays! :)

Sounds lovely froglet, just a bit of pottering in the garden here, tying up gladioli that must have been mixed in with the tulip bulbs I planted, tulips were a poor effort but these look lovely .....enjoy the rest of the day :-) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

That all sounded heavenly...….until you mentioned bats and mice (shudder)……...

Garden show was everything we hoped for - we always go with oldest son, daughter-in-law and this year two grandchildren - they couldn't have been better behaved if they tried - heaven must have been missing two angels today! :) They have just left here now - lovely - and they will be back again at 10am tomorrow - even more lovely! :)

• Like 3