Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 18/07/2024 at 21:08, Mouseketeer said:

I envy you being in that place Louby, my staffing situation means I’ll likely be back in ratio full time when we start back so everythingggggg will need doing during the holiday , and we start back on as many a session as we’re ending on so no quieter time to kick off 😞 

enjoy the break 😊 

Oh Mousie - I'm so sorry - I so wish that I could come and help you xxx

• Love 1

On 19/07/2024 at 10:56, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Is everyone (apart from young Froglet) finishing today? Oh and apologies to all year settings - I still hope that the summer is kind to you x

Wow - it is proper scorchio here this morning - not complaining ☀️

I begin two weeks of granddog sitting today - our dear little Sprocker - expecting her to be 'delivered' to me anytime now ❤️

I seem to have had another busy week - again, I'm not complaining!

I forgot to tell you that I have joined a 'ladies singing group' - it wouldn't be accurate to call it a 'choir' 😂 wish that I had done this ages ago - I come out of there with a smile on my face and a spring in my step - it's just fabulous!

Have a lovely weekend all x

My outlaw ( not sure what to call her "fellow grandparent in law" ?)  is in a Choir, she absolutely loves it so much - all familiy events have to planned around it now🤣!!

• Like 1

On 19/07/2024 at 11:37, louby loo said:

My outlaw ( not sure what to call her "fellow grandparent in law" ?)  is in a Choir, she absolutely loves it so much - all familiy events have to planned around it now🤣!!

Honestly, louby I can understand that!

You really couldn't call this a 'choir' - I think that at some point on the first time I went along I found myself thinking 'oh there was/is a key change there' - but no one else seemed to notice 🤣 but it's such fun! 

When I first retired I was was very wary about joining too many things - I absolutely didn't want to fill every waking moment and I still don't - but so pleased that I got over myself enough to join this group!

• Love 2

Well done you!  How fabulous.  I love singing!   I can still hear my Dad lean down to whisper in church, whilst we were singing “Thine be the glory” - ‘if you aren’t feeling light-headed yet, you’re not doing it right’ and I bent to tell my daughter the same at his funeral.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 19/07/2024 at 10:56, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Is everyone (apart from young Froglet) finishing today? Oh and apologies to all year settings - I still hope that the summer is kind to you x

Wow - it is proper scorchio here this morning - not complaining ☀️

I begin two weeks of granddog sitting today - our dear little Sprocker - expecting her to be 'delivered' to me anytime now ❤️

I seem to have had another busy week - again, I'm not complaining!

I forgot to tell you that I have joined a 'ladies singing group' - it wouldn't be accurate to call it a 'choir' 😂 wish that I had done this ages ago - I come out of there with a smile on my face and a spring in my step - it's just fabulous!

Have a lovely weekend all x

'Young Froglet' is done in - am just a rambling, twitching, incoherent mess! (there may be some who wouldn't notice anything different from normal though). With that in mind I honestly can't tell you anything about this weekend coming, or the week just gone!

Sunnyday - I am so glad you are in a singing group. I was in one a few years ago and I loved it - was the highlight of my week, very relaxed, no pressure just good fun and I always felt better afterwards, no matter how grumpy I'd been at the start. Unfortunately the conductor left, a new one joined and the 'tone' of the evenings changed. I heard recently though that the 'new' conductor has moved on so I may try again.

• Like 1

My random thought for the day...

Never, ever, ever in all the years that I worked with small children did I feel the need to adopt any sort of special 'silly' voice when speaking to them.

So why do I do it with my granddogs?

All sorts of "you are such a good girl", "who is my best girl", "what shall we do now then sweetie" - all in a pretty high pitched sing-songy voice 🤷‍♀️

Also why does Mr S keep asking "sorry, what" - he must know that I am not talking to him! 🤣

• Haha 3

On 20/07/2024 at 14:35, sunnyday said:

My random thought for the day...

Never, ever, ever in all the years that I worked with small children did I feel the need to adopt any sort of special 'silly' voice when speaking to them.

So why do I do it with my granddogs?

All sorts of "you are such a good girl", "who is my best girl", "what shall we do now then sweetie" - all in a pretty high pitched sing-songy voice 🤷‍♀️

Also why does Mr S keep asking "sorry, what" - he must know that I am not talking to him! 🤣

When I dog sat a couple of years ago I found myself singing to her. I love to sing and love music but am absolutely not a singing around the house kind of person!

As for Mr S... maybe you should try talking to him like that!😉

PS. Have just woken up from a 2 hour nap! I can currently string a sentence together, jacket potato is in the oven. It looks like a thunderstorm is in the sky.

• Like 1

Thank you young Froglet - I will not be talking to Mr S in a sing-song voice! 😲🤣

What are you having with your jacket spud?

We have just finished a chicken/bacon pasta effort with salad - very nice.

We are watching re-runs of 'Cornwall: A fishing Life' - don't think Mr S has yet realised that we have seen them before 🤷‍♀️ speaking of Cornwall we haven't heard from our lovely zigzag - I hope she is okay...

On 20/07/2024 at 17:54, sunnyday said:

Thank you young Froglet - I will not be talking to Mr S in a sing-song voice! 😲🤣

What are you having with your jacket spud?

We have just finished a chicken/bacon pasta effort with salad - very nice.

We are watching re-runs of 'Cornwall: A fishing Life' - don't think Mr S has yet realised that we have seen them before 🤷‍♀️ speaking of Cornwall we haven't heard from our lovely zigzag - I hope she is okay...

I just had cheese - it felt like the easiest option for tea. I love to cook usually but as each term goes on I find myself going for minimal effort things more and more - bowl of cereal for lunch! I work on the basis that eating something is better than eating nothing!

• Like 2

Louby Lou, I am so pleased you have got to the place you are now, well done! What you say is so true, I never got to that point when I was still working, but can see it plain as day now I am out of it. I worried way too much, did far too much out of hours and unpaid, and took on far too much myself. And actually probably half of it wasn’t actually totally necessary anyway. Mousie, you need to switch off and have a total break at some point during the holiday and I hope you can do that, maybe Louby can mentor you!

sunnyday, glad you are enjoying the singing. They have a choir down in the cove and I was on the beach when they were practicing the other day.  Sounds like a lot of fun! Sadly I’m completely tone deaf and would either get expelled or everyone else would leave!
 I get what you are saying about the dog voice! I’m the same with my dog and grand dog. And my husband constantly thinks im talking to him! 

The weather down here has been atrocious, so much rain, it’s just insane. The poor garden doesn’t know if it’s coming, going, been or gone! If we don’t get sun soon I might just hibernate!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Bet Froglet will be a happy lady later!  Lovely day at last down here and no work today so a Massive veggie garden weed today ( or until I get fed up).   Very happy that the Olympics is starting, looking forward to that.  Have a very lovely weekend all. 

• Like 2

Happy Friday all.

I am going to watch the Olympic opening ceremony later I think...the competitors are arriving down the Seine on boats I think!

If you are interested in gymnastics the first 2 parts of the Netflix documentary about Simone Biles is a really interesting watch.  The next episodes will be shown in the Autumn after she competes and will chart how she got on.

Have fun weekends peoples xxx

• Like 3

Made it!

We had a gentle 'staff do' to end the year last night and so far today I have eaten, read, knitted socks and watched cosy TV.

My plan for this weekend is to try and restore order to my house ready for dog sitting (I think it would be a health hazard to any dog at the moment!). After that I want to start having a bit of a think about how to manage next year - health, workload etc. I need a bit of a summer reset!

• Like 1

On 27/07/2024 at 10:25, Froglet said:

Made it!

We had a gentle 'staff do' to end the year last night and so far today I have eaten, read, knitted socks and watched cosy TV.

My plan for this weekend is to try and restore order to my house ready for dog sitting (I think it would be a health hazard to any dog at the moment!). After that I want to start having a bit of a think about how to manage next year - health, workload etc. I need a bit of a summer reset!

Yay! Well done young Froglet!

Your day, so far, sounds wonderful...

When is your four legged friend arriving?

On 27/07/2024 at 11:55, sunnyday said:

Yay! Well done young Froglet!

Your day, so far, sounds wonderful...

When is your four legged friend arriving?

I need to arrange it. He’s with my mum and dad at the moment. I’m thinking maybe Monday afternoon. Partly because it’s now 12.15 and I have still done nothing but lie on the sofa drifting in and out of sleep.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2024 at 12:18, Froglet said:

I need to arrange it. He’s with my mum and dad at the moment. I’m thinking maybe Monday afternoon. Partly because it’s now 12.15 and I have still done nothing but lie on the sofa drifting in and out of sleep.

That's sleep that you need - so enjoy!

It's all very quiet here at the moment which is lovely - Mr S has gone off to cut his mum's grass - ride on mower so not too much effort for him, granddog is sleeping and  for once, my neighbours are not making any noise (they're nice people, but my word they can be very noisy). I have cooked potatoes to make a potato salad and there is a very small joint of beef in the oven. I have to go out later to help set up village hall for an OAP afternoon tea tomorrow - I keep saying "but I'm an OAP how come I am helping and not a guest" 🤣