Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I have just been out for my first 'decent' walk since the 'horrible knee' business started - it was lovely - one of the things that I really enjoy about walking is that you get to chat with people along the way - my eldest son would be saying 'mum, can you just say hello' but keep moving.......er, well, no that won't ever happen! 😂

In other news - we are picking strawberries from the poly tunnel - whoop!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 26/05/2023 at 09:56, sunnyday said:

Good morning 'tis Friday!

Another BH and half-term for those who get them - enjoy...

How is everyone?

Nothing exciting to report here - just happy with the better weather which helps with the 'gentle pottering' that I enjoy so much 

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

P.S. How brilliant was that woman that 'watered' the protesters at Chelsea yesterday! 😂

Shame it wasn't at full gush though - more of a sprinkle rose!

• Like 1

Nothing quite like the first day of the holidays… I woke up at 4am, gave up trying to sleep at 5 and had made and eaten a mini bread and butter pudding for breakfast by 7.30!

I’m still in my pjs though - mostly planning to chill, crochet and clean today! 

We had an INSET day yesterday and myself and the deputy got some very therapeutic tidying done at the end of the day. My midday niece let me know that she is now on WhatsApp so we exchanged a few messages - they’re off to the Hay festival next week. I have the TDL of course but mainly want to do some getting organised so that the last half term of the year can go as smooth as possible.

• Like 1

I used to love the last term of the year!  It somehow didn’t seem as stressful even though there was a lot to cram in!  I think it was because the children were outside more and staff seemed that much more relaxed.   

• Like 2

On 27/05/2023 at 09:38, Cait said:

I used to love the last term of the year!  It somehow didn’t seem as stressful even though there was a lot to cram in!  I think it was because the children were outside more and staff seemed that much more relaxed.   

I was thinking that yesterday - last term of the year was my favourite too!

We have had an invitation to lunch at youngest son's house today - all very last minute - but all lovely!

Beautiful morning here - hope the sun is shining for all today

On 27/05/2023 at 20:22, louby loo said:

I hate this last half-term!  I always find once the children start having their transisition visits they become very lary and ready to move on!!!

My favorite is the half term before Christmas.

Oh yes - i had quite forgotten - there does come a time when they are a bit 'too big for their boots' 😂

Can't believe you used the C word louby - you wait 'til Sue sees that 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sssh… I’m taking the day off! I wasn’t going to but after a morning pootling and working on my next crochet project I decided to not try to start anything now. I am contemplating cake (or biscuits) and have no idea what to cook for tea but for now crochet and reading will do me!

• Like 1

On 30/05/2023 at 14:29, Froglet said:

Sssh… I’m taking the day off! I wasn’t going to but after a morning pootling and working on my next crochet project I decided to not try to start anything now. I am contemplating cake (or biscuits) and have no idea what to cook for tea but for now crochet and reading will do me!

Sounds like a good plan - you should not be working every day - you are meant to take a break x

Very simple tea here - sausage and mash (might run to a few peas with that!)

What is your next crochet project?

We have had our two youngest grandchildren - they have just gone home - seems quiet now!

Weather seems to have gone a bit pear shaped - very chilly NE wind and a few showers...

It’s chilly here too. I’ve been making a snail (trying out a new technique) but am contemplating a bag - my current one is on its last legs and I feel ike something colourful.

I think my tea may involve pasta, crème fraiche and cheese! I’m emptying the freezer ready to defrost it and it’s reached the stage where the only thing in it is bread and frozen peas which isn’t very inspiring!

On 27/05/2023 at 20:22, louby loo said:

I hate this last half-term!  I always find once the children start having their transisition visits they become very lary and ready to move on!!!

My favorite is the half term before Christmas.

On 28/05/2023 at 12:28, sunnyday said:

Oh yes - i had quite forgotten - there does come a time when they are a bit 'too big for their boots' 😂

Can't believe you used the C word louby - you wait 'til Sue sees that 🤦‍♀️

I am letting use of the C word slide as it was used in the context of time not the festivities 😆🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/05/2023 at 16:04, SueFinanceManager said:

I am letting use of the C word slide as it was used in the context of time not the festivities 😆🤣

Sue! That’s the start of the slippery slope, they’ll be singing carols next month!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I will admit to having put the fire on for a bit as I got so chilled sitting still. However the upside to the cold is that I have decided that it completely justifies the rhubarb and ginger sponge with custard that I had to make to use up some rhubarb that was lurking in the fridge.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Morning all - 'tis Friday!

I have youngest granddaughter here - she didn't want to go supermarket shopping with her mummy - who can blame her - she is busy colouring at the moment!

Mr S is just off to his mum's house to meet a man about fitting a stair lift for her, she will be 92 in a few days, her greatest wish is to be able to stay in her house we will do all we can to help her with this although it is not practical really...

Weather - hmm, well least said about that the better - overcast with that horrible NE wind - 2nd June should not be like this at all...

I have two 'granddogs' arriving on Tuesday - whoop!

A bit of confusion at 'Knit and Natter' - as I said before we are making up lap blankets to be included in 'seasonal' hampers for the most senior village residents...when we agreed this I had said "we need to make 25 squares each week now to have enough ready for 12 blankets" - yesterday one of the lovely ladies put a huge pile of squares on the table - I said "wow, you have made loads" - yes she said but it's not enough is it - she thought that I meant 25 each! 🤦‍♀️ all sorted now and she can relax this coming week

Think that's all my 'exciting news' 🙃

Have a lovely weekend all x

• Like 2

On 01/06/2023 at 18:27, Froglet said:

I will admit to having put the fire on for a bit as I got so chilled sitting still. However the upside to the cold is that I have decided that it completely justifies the rhubarb and ginger sponge with custard that I had to make to use up some rhubarb that was lurking in the fridge.

Any left? I can be there in no time at all

The heating came on this morning! I made myself a coffee and went back to bed!

I have a load of bedding plants to put in... but in my mind it is now about October - so I keep forgetting I need to wrap-up and get outside to actually plant them😂

• Like 1