Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Glad to hear the validation Sunnyday - it does make a huge difference! I hope both you and Cait enjoy your events this weekend. Louby enjoy your day with or without an impromptu lunch!

I am slightly stressing here - this week I had intended to do schoolwork in the mornings and then house stuff/me stuff in the afternoons and evenings. However, I accidentally took the last two days off school mainly because I was stuck with what I was trying to do (planning but I’ve been teaching for 20 years and it seems like it shouldn’t be difficult anymore) and was avoiding it! Now of course, I’m worrying about all that I haven’t done yet I’m still sat in pjs procrastinating. I need to make myself go and do something even just for 15 minutes to get me going!

Other than catching up on the schoolwork I am just planning a weekend of cleaning and crafting and I must remember to send a birthday card- my niece is 11 next week which is just frightening!

• Like 2

On 14/04/2023 at 09:43, louby loo said:

Try again 🤣

Sunnyday, when i had a steriod injection a few years ago the physio said 'trust me, you may wake up at 3am in so much pain you will want to seek me out for revenge... however in about 5 or so days you may want to give me a thank-you hug"

Thank you so much louby that is such encouraging news!

I forgot to say that he said "you may need a top up at some point, I will keep you on my list and if you just ring Sam she can arrange it" - I thought/said oh that's great, thank you...sometime later I realised to me that I actually have no idea who Sam is or how to contact her - doh 🙃 I will have to ask the physio when I next see him and hopefully he can enlighten me 🤣

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 09:56, sunnyday said:

Thank you so much louby that is such encouraging news!

I forgot to say that he said "you may need a top up at some point, I will keep you on my list and if you just ring Sam she can arrange it" - I thought/said oh that's great, thank you...sometime later I realised to me that I actually have no idea who Sam is or how to contact her - doh 🙃 I will have to ask the physio when I next see him and hopefully he can enlighten me 🤣

Sam = S.A.M = Steroid Appointment Maker ?   🤣

• Haha 1

On 14/04/2023 at 09:55, Froglet said:

Other than catching up on the schoolwork I am just planning a weekend of cleaning and crafting and I must remember to send a birthday card- my niece is 11 next week which is just frightening!

My neice is 36 next week - now that it scary!! 😳 (in my head she's about 22 now 🤣)

On 14/04/2023 at 10:59, louby loo said:

My neice is 36 next week - now that it scary!! 😳 (in my head she's about 22 now 🤣)

I don't know what you are worried about - I have a niece who is 52 - but my sister, her mum, is 9 years older than me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/04/2023 at 12:11, Panders said:

Mimics the shock of bumping into families you had at pre-school and find out the children are home from Uni on holiday!!

I was once in the supermarket feeling slightly unnerved because a good looking young man kept looking over at me. Eventually he came over and asked if I was Miss Froglet then introduced himself as a child who I’d never actually taught but was in the school where I had my first permanent job. We had a lovely chat but it was very surreal!

My soon to be 11 year old niece is just a really nice girl - she and her brother (15) have both been cooking dinner for their family this week - I’ve had some very proud photos!

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 11:47, sunnyday said:

Well there's a thought 🤣🤣🤣

A previous headteacher was once puzzling over why he’d written SAM in capitals on a particular date in his diary. He kept saying “But what have I got to do with the School Admissions Module on that date?” he kept saying. Luckily he realised in time that it was actually his wife’s (Sam) birthday on that day!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/04/2023 at 12:11, Panders said:

Mimics the shock of bumping into families you had at pre-school and find out the children are home from Uni on holiday!!

I’ve had a number of children that I also had their parents in Pre-School, I’m a little worried if I stay much longer I’ll be getting the their children to 😳

• Like 4

Sunnyday glad you have had the injection and hope that it will help you so much. Was it awful? Glad you seem to be making progress through your NHS system, it seems quicker than we are down here. 
I only ever had one child at school who’s parent I also looked after and quite a few of parents who were in the class that I did my student placement in.  But I agree it’s well scary when you think a child is about 8 and they are actually just about to sit their GCSES!

Im off to the garden centre with my son tomorrow to spend the vouchers I was given when I left school in July. Fitting in a dump run on the way. (Such glamour and excitement). Have a lovely weekend all.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2023 at 19:36, zigzag said:

Sunnyday glad you have had the injection and hope that it will help you so much. Was it awful? 

It wasn't at all awful - doc said "breathe in" then "breathe out" and that's when he put the needle in - injection contained a local anaesthetic, an anti-inflammatory and the steroid - doc asked "was that painful" to which I replied "meh, I've had babies"! 🤣🤣🤣

I do have everything crossed that you get some help soon x

• Like 2

On 14/04/2023 at 19:59, sunnyday said:

It wasn't at all awful - doc said "breathe in" then "breathe out" and that's when he put the needle in - injection contained a local anaesthetic, an anti-inflammatory and the steroid - doc asked "was that painful" to which I replied "meh, I've had babies"! 🤣🤣🤣

I  think that as well, nothing compares to having two babies without any sort of pain relief! I hope to hear that your knee is making progress soon. X

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 14:14, Mouseketeer said:

I’ve had a number of children that I also had their parents in Pre-School, I’m a little worried if I stay much longer I’ll be getting the their children to 😳

It was at that point that I retired!   The first load were my Brownies children, then the children of those children - time to go! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Phew! My busy weekend of volunteering is done! My part of the 'operation' was raising funds for DEC Turkey/Syria earthquake relief - yesterday we raised just over £500 and today was busier so all in all we should be making a fairly hefty donation which is brilliant.

All good fun but quite taxing and reminded me why I am happy in my state of retirement 🤣

• Like 5

On 16/04/2023 at 19:58, Froglet said:

I have back to school nerves! Will I get up in time? Remember how to teach? Actually get home at a sensible time of the day this term? Always start with good resolutions but then ‘stuff’ happens!

Sending lots and lots of positive vibes xxx

• Like 1

I have back to school nerves! Will I get up in time? Remember how to teach? Actually get home at a sensible time of the day this term? Always start with good resolutions but then ‘stuff’ happens!

Ah, it’ll all be good.  Remember, don’t sweat the small stuff!   Don’t try to control things that are outside your control.   People’s reactions to things are a construct of their own making.  Nobody can make you feel mad, bad, miserable or gloriously happy, but yourself!   

• Like 4

Well if it makes you feel better we had a -  'how could we have  completely forgotten our pack-away routin in two weeks'  morning! 🤣   Finished late today (very late) 😳  

Seriously hope we're more on the ball tomorrow!!!

• Like 2

Good morning all - 'tis Friday!

How is everyone doing?

Nothing exciting to report from here - looking forward to a quiet weekend after last weekend's fund raising efforts!

Mr S has just set off to our nearest town for his 'pulmonary course' thingywhatsit - he also has his Covid jab booked for 2:15 in the same town, in the same road actually - I suggested that he call into the chemist who is delivering the vaccine when he finishes his course (around 12 noon) just to see if they would do it then- he is such a 'rule follower' he said "I can't do that" 🤦‍♀️ - for goodness sake, it has to be worth a try! 😂 perhaps he will, we'll see...

What is going on with this flippin' weather? Absolutely lashing down again here, so disappointing.

I do hope that it is not too awful for the Marathon runners on Sunday.

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

On 21/04/2023 at 19:15, Froglet said:

Feeling quite glad it’s Friday. In bit of a need of a hug. Regretting not being able to stay focused and work last week. All will be well - some sleep will make a world of difference.

I can send you the biggest of virtual hugs

Did you ever invest in the old 'sleeping foot butter'?

I do hope this doesn't mean that you have to spend your weekend working?

• Like 1

On 21/04/2023 at 19:20, sunnyday said:

I can send you the biggest of virtual hugs

Did you ever invest in the old 'sleeping foot butter'?

I do hope this doesn't mean that you have to spend your weekend working?

Thank you. There’s nothing in particular wrong - just feeling a bit lonesome and tired. I tried calling mum and dad on the way home and it was tricky - they’re getting old and I wish they weren’t. 

I never did get the foot butter although I discovered that I have a pillow spray from the same people.

And yes, a big chunk of the weekend is going to be working.

• Sad 1