Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Oops - I'm late on parade today - 'tis Friday!

Young Froglet - I think Cait's lamp idea is a good one - worth a try anyway

Cait - I love the Gingerbread Man!

Zigzag - so pleased that you managed a Peaceful and happy Christmas x

We had a lovely two days with our sons and their families - so special after the last two Christmas' have been interrupted by Covid - 2020 Boris put paid to our plans when he cancelled Christmas for us in Kent on 23rd December and 2021 youngest son's wife had Covid so that was that for our usual Boxing Day gathering

I have been/am somewhat incapacitated by a very painful and swollen left knee - Christmas Eve found me at our local hospital having it x-rayed...have just rung our GP surgery to see if the results are in - long story short they are but it requires a conversation with Dr to discuss the result, this scheduled for next Wednesday - I did try to persuade the receptionist to give me some idea what is going on but to no avail...looking on the bright side it's a good excuse to get on with my crochet lap blankets for the Foodbank, I have been told to keep it elevated as much as possible...

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy New Year xxx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridiculous-Michael-Coleman/dp/1845060636/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=Ridiculous&qid=1672404247&s=books&sr=1-7

Talking of your winter book shelf, do you have this one?

There is also one where woodland animals keep a snowball or two for another animal who hibernates, cant remember the name at the moment, it may come to me!

Panders - I don’t but I might accidentally on purpose have bought 4 new winter books which should be arriving today…

Sunnyday - so sorry to hear about your knee - lots of rest is definitely needed.

As previously mentioned I am mostly avoiding schoolwork today. I am also heartily sick of this cough. My breathing wasn’t great before I started coughing now I can’t tell whether it’s worse or not. I have tried to see a doctor but no luck so far.

Update - my books just arrived - now I have more procrastination reasons! I’ve read them all - they’re lovely!

• Like 1

Good to see most have had a good Christmas and new year. Hope the knee isn't giving to much grief sunnday, some times I think the Drs like to cause stress 🙁 My friend has a voicemail left at 7.30pm asking her phone them ASAP for test results (well woman clinic) ... only to be told when she eventualy managed to get throught to them- ' it was just to say that everyting was fine'  !!

Hope you're feeling a bit better now too froglet - i must admit I thought you meant you'd ordered 4 adult novels 🤣  I was thinking blimey she is a quick reader!

Anyway it's my granddaughters 3 birthday day - and tomorrow she is actually having her first proper big family birthday party!  She doesnt really like crowds of people I think that's her Covid legacy 😥   (somehow i seem to be hosting it - so I'd best get cooking and cleaning! 🙀🤣)

• Like 3

On 30/12/2022 at 12:48, Panders said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridiculous-Michael-Coleman/dp/1845060636/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=Ridiculous&qid=1672404247&s=books&sr=1-7

Talking of your winter book shelf, do you have this one?

There is also one where woodland animals keep a snowball or two for another animal who hibernates, cant remember the name at the moment, it may come to me!

Ooh yes!   I can’t remember either!  

On 03/01/2023 at 16:06, Cait said:

Ooh yes!   I can’t remember either!  

helpful arent we?  but trying to save some snow is a good idea - we did it, it was rather odd stuff by the time we looked at it but good to remind the children with photos taken at the time etc

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday

How is everyone?

My knee continues to give me grief - xray results ruled out osteoarthritis which was a relief but I'm not any closer to finding out what is actually going on - will be referred to physio/muscular skeletal team, a steroid injection was talked about - bring it on...

Bloods taken on Wednesday - need to repeat as there was a question over kidney function

Crikey - I feel like I am falling to bits and I don't like it!

On a much more positive note - we are looking forward to a family celebration for eldest granddaughter 

Take care all and hope that you all have a lovely weekend x

On 06/01/2023 at 12:25, Panders said:

Well a diagnosis helps to move you forward obviously.   Kidney function is probably fairly usual at our age - I should think.  Not falling to bits, just having a few bits renovated😀

What do you mean 'at our age' - i am only 23 (I wish) 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sunnyday I’ve also been having knee trouble since July. I managed to get a phone consultation with a physio who sent me exercises, which made no difference at all.  I have just contacted the doctors again as the pain is unbearable and is impacting on my daily life now. 
life is back to normal, still loving not being at pre-school and doing my cleans each day. Just can’t wait for the summer, I am so sick of the constant rain and mud!

On 07/01/2023 at 12:02, zigzag said:

Sunnyday I’ve also been having knee trouble since July. I managed to get a phone consultation with a physio who sent me exercises, which made no difference at all.  I have just contacted the doctors again as the pain is unbearable and is impacting on my daily life now. 
life is back to normal, still loving not being at pre-school and doing my cleans each day. Just can’t wait for the summer, I am so sick of the constant rain and mud!

Oh zigzag you poor thing - such a long time with no diagnosis...

I am longing for spring/summer too

We had such a lovely time celebrating our granddaughters 21st birthday - it's so good that both sides of the family get on really well, I was thinking that there were 4 generations present - eldest 94, youngest just 2...

She has gone back up to her Uni town today to celebrate with her friends!

• Like 1

On 07/01/2023 at 12:46, Panders said:

A little less genteel celebration up there perhaps

I know - I am not going to think about it 🤦‍♀️🤣

My lovely DIL is driving her up (train strikes), she is also taking some of her friends from down here - no idea how they will get home again...

On 07/01/2023 at 12:02, zigzag said:

Im a firm believer in nursery work is bad for hips, back and knees, but the weather certainly will be having an affect too.   My friend has just stopped taking steroids after two years for polymyalgia which kind of came on suddenly just about the time the pandemic struck.  Its been a long haul, but she is determined to stop the steroids which has to be done very gradually.  She's doing well at the moment.  Looking forward to a lovely warm trip to Mexico which was the trip fore-shortened by the pandemic.    Hope you get sorted soon Zigzag - press on, don't take any rubbish from the GP.

On 07/01/2023 at 12:57, Panders said:

Im a firm believer in nursery work is bad for hips, back and knees, but the weather certainly will be having an affect too.   My friend has just stopped taking steroids after two years for polymyalgia which kind of came on suddenly just about the time the pandemic struck.  Its been a long haul, but she is determined to stop the steroids which has to be done very gradually.  She's doing well at the moment.  Looking forward to a lovely warm trip to Mexico which was the trip fore-shortened by the pandemic.    Hope you get sorted soon Zigzag - press on, don't take any rubbish from the GP.

Mexico - how lovely - enjoy my lovely black and white furry friend!