Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 19/12/2022 at 14:14, finleysmaid said:

Hello all...sorry i havent been around! been really busy trying to sell my house and buy another....no way that i thought this process would take nearly a year of my life! i hope that by the end of today we will have come to the end of the road....hopefully positively but by this stage who knows! 😱

Work has been really busy ...most of the year has been spent trying to get an EHC in place for a child......i cannot tell you how many hours we have spent on that ...but now agreed finally ! just got to argue about money now as the borough she is in is bankrupt! 

New staff at work finally after looking since feb.....she's lovely but is making me feel very old ! i made a reference to the vicar of Dibley the other day and she hadn't got a clue what i was on about.

haven't caught up on the gossip yet but hope you are all ok?

xx FM

Yay fm!

I have been worried about you - sounds like an awful lot of challenges

I will test out 'The Vicar of Dibley' on my eldest granddaughters - I bet they will know what I'm talking about

Just lovely to hear from you - onwards and upwards now xxx

• Like 1

On 19/12/2022 at 14:14, finleysmaid said:

Hello all...sorry i havent been around! been really busy trying to sell my house and buy another....no way that i thought this process would take nearly a year of my life! i hope that by the end of today we will have come to the end of the road....hopefully positively but by this stage who knows! 😱

My daughter's friend is trying to move- the whole thing has been a nightmare! Finger's crossed for a good outcome today 🤞🤞

On 20/12/2022 at 12:46, sunnyday said:

Whoop! Whoop! Water is back on - how long it will last who knows but all good for now!🙃

We are sort of the same- wider issue covering two counties... Lots of comments on the village page about lack of pressure, my daughter 12 miles away has none, howver our little lane seems fine 😳 That said, we have such low water pressure here anyway- so maybe we just havent noticed!🤣

• Like 1

On 20/12/2022 at 13:58, sunnyday said:

Oh no - i spoke too soon - water station now set up on our Village Hall car park - I'm guessing that means we won't be on for long 🤦‍♀️

Have there been some local burst pipes with the cold weather? They should let you know really.  Bad form! 

On 20/12/2022 at 14:20, Panders said:

We have been on again off again since about last Thursday - cant actually plan when to do some washing,  

You have my deepest sympathy - have been watching local news over the last few days and wondering if you were impacted

On 20/12/2022 at 15:07, Cait said:

Have there been some local burst pipes with the cold weather? They should let you know really.  Bad form! 

Yes

This village is 'leak city' at the best of times - but, of course, the freezing temps and then a thaw haven't helped matters...

It's nothing in the scheme of things - think we are still 'scarred' by our experience in the summer

On 22/12/2022 at 15:31, Froglet said:

I made it!

🙌 🙌……and breath Froglet, I feel a bit bad that I finished last Friday and apart from paying wages I haven’t given work a thought let alone done anything on the TDL and it feels quite alien when I should be worried about getting everything done due to being back in ratio more and more 🤷‍♀️

Wishing you all a great Christmas 🎄 

• Like 2

On 22/12/2022 at 18:59, Mouseketeer said:

🙌 🙌……and breath Froglet, I feel a bit bad that I finished last Friday and apart from paying wages I haven’t given work a thought let alone done anything on the TDL and it feels quite alien when I should be worried about getting everything done due to being back in ratio more and more 🤷‍♀️

Oh Mousie have a break - step away from the horrible TDL - wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas x

• Like 1

On 22/12/2022 at 18:59, Mouseketeer said:

We finished on the 14th!   Like you the wages are the only thing done or even thought about - the new mw says I'll do it in January!

On 22/12/2022 at 15:31, Froglet said:

I made it!

And now relax .... 😊

On 20/12/2022 at 15:26, sunnyday said:

Yes

This village is 'leak city' at the best of times - but, of course, the freezing temps and then a thaw haven't helped matters...

It's nothing in the scheme of things - think we are still 'scarred' by our experience in the summer

How is your water situation now?  You're not one of those that might be off until after Christmas are you? (just saw that on the news)

• Like 2

On 23/12/2022 at 10:25, sunnyday said:

No louby - thank goodness - we seem to be okay for water now

Well 'tis Friday - the last before Christmas!

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and a Happy and healthy 2023 xxx

And to you Sunnyday!

I am on my first proper holiday day (was tying up loose ends yesterday) which is lovely although I have the same horrible cough/cold that others at school have had. I am though suddenly realising that Christmas is the day after tomorrow and I am SO unprepared. I just rang my mum to say - are you expecting me? Today needs to be mainly about cleaning and tidying because I wouldn't let anyone through the front door at the moment, let alone Santa! I will admit that a fair amount of stashing in the spare room is going to happen to be sorted next week. I also need to do a little bit of creating for presents that haven't yet arrived - I'm planning to print a photo of them and just present it nicely which I also need to do for my brother and sister's presents as they wanted money towards big things that they are planning to buy.

I did have on my list of things to do making a gingerbread house and a wreath - they were things I added to my '50 things in my 50th year' list but they aren't going to happen before Christmas. Then I reminded myself that actually no one says either of them need to be a Christmas thing!

• Like 1

On 23/12/2022 at 22:11, zigzag said:

Happy Christmas to you all.  Hope Christmas is a happy/peaceful time for you all.  Forget those TDL, they will still be there next week!  Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2023.  Thank you for the support and laughs over the last year. Xx

I'll third that - Happy Christmas everyone, and a healthy happy new year xx

• Like 2

On 24/12/2022 at 13:49, Panders said:

Well said Zigzag   wishing everyone a special time this year at Christmas   - hopefully all with running water, which it has to be said cant be taken for granted around here at the moment! 

From taps only - speaking as someone who returned to Cumbria one evening to find it coming out of the striplights and power sockets 😳😬

I hope you’ve all had a thoroughly enjoyable few days, and now, buoyed up with Pringles and Ferraro rocher are ready to enter 2023.  I wonder what this next year will bring us? 

• Like 3

Yeah, that’s not where you’d want water pouring from!

Time with family was good but the cold I was coming  down with at the end of last week isn’t going. Have taken so much paracetamol and am coughing so bits of me hurt. Today was going to be a work day but it isn’t. There is so much to do though (home as much as school). I’m sitting in front of the fire in a nest of chaos. I think I’m going to try to do 15 minutes of something just to make myself feel less overwhelmed by it all!

I will be fine just feeling sorry for myself!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1

On 28/12/2022 at 16:05, Froglet said:

Time with family was good but the cold I was com8ng down with at the end of last week isn’t going. Have taken so much paracetamol and am coughing so bits of me hurt. Today was going to be a work day but it isn’t. There is so much to do though (home as much as school). I’m sitting in front of the fire in a nest of chaos. I think I’m going to try to do 15 minutes of something jus5 to make myself feel less overwhelmed by it all!

Oh young Froglet you poor thing - sending gentle hugs to you x

• Like 1

On 28/12/2022 at 16:05, Froglet said:

Time with family was good but the cold I was coming  down with at the end of last week isn’t going. Have taken so much paracetamol and am coughing so bits of me hurt. Today was going to be a work day but it isn’t. There is so much to do though (home as much as school). I’m sitting in front of the fire in a nest of chaos. I think I’m going to try to do 15 minutes of something just to make myself feel less overwhelmed by it all!

It’s the time of year for feeling blue.   Have you considered getting a Sad Lamp or using a daylight bulb?  I know you’ve got that cold hanging about, but the extra lift the light gives really is there!  I got one many moons ago and it completely lifted my winter months!   I’ve not needed it since I retired as it’s easier to get outside at random times to get sunlight vitamins.   It’s a tough time of year - and all the additional stresses really don’t help!!     Sending gentle hugs your way xx 

• Like 3

Froglet I hope you soon feel better. This non Covid virus seems to be knocking people off their feet for weeks. I know it’s easier said than done when you have lots to do but try to be kind to yourself and listen to your body.

Our Christmas passed peacefully and happier than we expected.  Mum was brilliant, such a strong brave lady.  We laid flowers on Christmas Eve  on the cliff where we scattered his ashes and it was a nice thing to be able to do. 

Am now back at work and eager for life to return to a normal routine and for this endless rain to stop!  Bring on 2023 and see what it has in store for us all!

Wishing you all a peaceful, healthy and happy new year.  Xx

• Like 2

On 29/12/2022 at 21:37, Cait said:

It’s the time of year for feeling blue.   Have you considered getting a Sad Lamp or using a daylight bulb?  I know you’ve got that cold hanging about, but the extra lift the light gives really is there!  I got one many moons ago and it completely lifted my winter months!   I’ve not needed it since I retired as it’s easier to get outside at random times to get sunlight vitamins.   It’s a tough time of year - and all the additional stresses really don’t help!!     Sending gentle hugs your way xx 

Thank you. I’d not thought about a sad lamp at all. The winter doesn’t generally bother me but recently we had a couple of those bitingly cold but gloriously clear days when I happened to get outside and it did make a real difference to how energised I felt even being poorly so definitely worth considering.

PS Love the gingerbread man!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 2