Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 07/12/2022 at 14:48, louby loo said:

We are a preschool 2+, term time only.  Yesterday I had a parent of a 17month child (phone call) asking me to help sort her sons childcare at a full time setting as she couldnt find a place- so could I do it for her! 😳🤣

😳 but the sad thing is we’re not even that shocked by the expectations from some parents anymore 

• Like 3

On 07/12/2022 at 22:55, louby loo said:

In the end I was almost bordering on rude- I had to more or less put the phone down on her!  

A sad indictment on society these days - that generation who expect their ‘rights’ whatever they may be.  Heaven forbid they should actually have to DO anything themselves.   Seems to be becoming more common, sadly.  

• Like 3

Good morning all - 'tis Friday

Another busy week, particularly enjoyed having two of our 'granddogs' for the day on Wednesday (mind I think I might be hoovering up Golden Retriever hair from now to Christmas!)

Mr S is well and truly in my good books - when I got back from knitting group yesterday, he had put up our Christmas tree, all decorated too, super job!

Must, must, must write my cards today - ask me later if I have actually done so 😂

Have I mentioned before how cold it is and just how much I dislike the winter - I fully intend to moan from now to the first signs of spring! 🤣

I was explaining to youngest son that we have been taking part in Octopus energy 'saving sessions' - I was feeling so proud of our efforts and said we have managed to save just over £5.00 for 4 x 1 hour sessions - he said "come on, I'll give you a fiver if you need it" 🙃 he has spectacularly missed the point, but hey ho 😂 

Are we going to get past France tomorrow - hmmm - well it would be wonderful if we did!

Have a lovely weekend x

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 12:45, sunnyday said:

Breaking news - it's snowing here!

All round to yours then for a change, to sledge off your roof instead of mine!  Break out the hot chocolate - gluten free for me please and I’ll bring fudgy chocolate cake!  

Edited by Cait
  • Like 4

Well yesterday morning we had frost and ice (which is very rare down here) it then rained, then hailed hard and then completely froze!  I had to walk to work this morning and it was lethal, our lane was a skating rink and so was the village! Luckily I Managed to stay on my feet (which is rare for me) but my poor husband went straight down on his back when walking the dog. Us Cornish lot just are not used to this weather.  Stay safe all. Xx

On 11/12/2022 at 17:25, zigzag said:

Well yesterday morning we had frost and ice (which is very rare down here) it then rained, then hailed hard and then completely froze!  I had to walk to work this morning and it was lethal, our lane was a skating rink and so was the village! Luckily I Managed to stay on my feet (which is rare for me) but my poor husband went straight down on his back when walking the dog. Us Cornish lot just are not used to this weather.  Stay safe all. Xx

Oh no ouch - is he okay?

Snowing really hard now - it's okay for us retired folk - well apart from the need to get down to my lovely MIL (91), quite sure that one of our sons will do that for us...

On 11/12/2022 at 17:44, sunnyday said:

Oh no ouch - is he okay?

Snowing really hard now - it's okay for us retired folk - well apart from the need to get down to my lovely MIL (91), quite sure that one of our sons will do that for us...

Just looked out the window 😭 Can't believe it!!!! Nothing there 30 mins ago... now it like a 'whiteout' 😬

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 08:38, Cait said:

That song in my head this morning ‘Welcome to my world’.  For us ‘ere up north it’s time to start and think about maybe putting a jumper and long trousers on 🤣🤣.  

🤣🤣🤣!!!  I've just tried adding a photo of 30min or so of snow but i cant get it on the laptop at the moment.

I would just like to tell everyone- I did say I am 'checking out' of the preschool..... well for the first time EVER, I looked out of the window this morning (early) and said to myself 'no, not opeing today' without a care or concern about funding implications or any guilt whatsover 🤣🤣 (should add no working parents today anyway).

I 'could' get to work (3.5 miles) and the farmer down the road has just cleared our road, however just been told the car park is closed anyway 🤣 and it's permit parking only everywhere else so no point going in anyway! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 09:49, louby loo said:

🤣🤣🤣!!!  I've just tried adding a photo of 30min or so of snow but i cant get it on the laptop at the moment.

I would just like to tell everyone- I did say I am 'checking out' of the preschool..... well for the first time EVER, I looked out of the window this morning (early) and said to myself 'no, not opeing today' without a care or concern about funding implications or any guilt whatsover 🤣🤣 (should add no working parents today anyway).

I 'could' get to work (3.5 miles) and the farmer down the road has just cleared our road, however just been told the car park is closed anyway 🤣 and it's permit parking only everywhere else so no point going in anyway! 🤷‍♀️

Good decision louby!

I think you had it far worse than us - my sons tried to reach a job in Cobham early this morning - the M25 was 'closed' 🤦‍♀️

Stay home and keep warm is my motto for today!

Looks like a slow thaw is setting in I do hope so...

On 12/12/2022 at 11:03, sunnyday said:

Good decision louby!

I think you had it far worse than us - my sons tried to reach a job in Cobham early this morning - the M25 was 'closed' 🤦‍♀️

Stay home and keep warm is my motto for today!

Looks like a slow thaw is setting in I do hope so...

I recon about the same going by the news?

I could get out, but I've reached the age where I'm more worried about my hips than the preschool parents! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2022 at 12:05, louby loo said:

Anyway, Andy wants to get out and clear paths.... I told him to use the leaf blower - he gave me a 😳 look. Can someone tell me is this not a good idea? Seems perfect in my head. 🙄

I just asked Mr S - he said 'no' with a bit of a sigh 🤣

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2022 at 12:24, louby loo said:

I just made him try after he kept saying it wouldnt work.... and I can confirm it didnt work 🤣 (but it still sounds like a good idea in my head!)

Depends what sort of snow it is.  If it’s frozen, fairly dry stuff that’s blowing about anyway, it might work.   Generally though it’s too wet and heavy to get airborne again.   

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 17:25, zigzag said:

Oh have you seen that there is an amber weather warning for you tomorrow - is it going to be the dreaded white stuff?!

Our white stuff is just hanging about too long now - I don't think that we got above freezing today...

• Like 1