Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Too late to say 'Good morning' - so good afternoon 'tis Friday!

I have had a lovely week - very busy - my little feet have hardly touched the ground 😂

Best event was a 'wreath making afternoon' that a friend and I organised - she has the creative skills and I have the organisation skills so a pretty good combination if I say so myself - what a lovely afternoon we had - we didn't advertise, just spoke to friends about it, ended up with 15 of us attending - it was great, think we will have to make this an annual event!

Oh my actual goodness - how great was the football on Monday - whoop! This evening we are going to youngest son's house to watch England v USA, very much looking forward to that

No plans for the weekend - after my busy week that's probably for the best!

Hope everyone is okay and that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2

Sounds like you have been busy Sunnyday.  A local lady runs wreath making workshops in our village each year. I’m always tempted to book but think I would be laughed out of the room! I’m the sort of person who can’t even make a simple bunch of flowers look good in a vase! It’s become a family joke actually.

just the usual week here, nothing exciting. My on,y excitement is when I manage to walk the dog and not get rained on! Which is few and far between at the moment.  Have booked a short break away for the week after next. Only to Devon so really not far. But my husband and I just need to get away and have a relaxed break for a few days.  The last six months have been quite challenging and full of changes which I haven’t really fully processed yet. It will be great to have some days when we can just please ourselves and not have to think about anyone else.  Just hope the weather is kind so we can do some walking and visit lots of nice places for meals!

No plans for the weekend, tomorrows weather looks horrendous! No doubt my lot will be watching the football.

Have a lovely weekend all.

• Like 3

Well, my Friday didn't start well, daugter and granddaughter coming over for 9am to go shopping... daughter got a puncture on the motorway, so Andy and I went to collect GD as the recovery was over an hour - was going to swap drivers and leave Andy with the car, but in the end the AA turned up quickly.

Delayed the whole day and now i feel out of kilter as by the time she got a new tyre (from our wondeful villiage tyre place) half the day was gone 😭

We are off to Centre Parcs for the week Monday 😁

Enjoy your break zigzag.

Sunnday - you have no idea how envious I am of your wreath making course!  I really want to do one and no-one will come with me!  I wanted to do one as a team 'thing' for staff- and they looked at me as if I was mad.... and we've ended up with  a curry night instead! 🤣  I did do one about 20 years ago though 😋

Have a good weekend/week everyone  xx

• Confused 1

On 25/11/2022 at 20:56, zigzag said:

Louby, hope you have a lovely time at centre parks. Which one are you going to? We had a great holiday at the longleat one when our boys were teenagers.

Thetford, Norfolk. I'm going openminded as this is out of my comfort zone! 🙀🤣.  I'm more of a 'cottage with family' type person really (although i do like a nice hotel- where they make your beds and cook you nice food 😂)

• Like 1

Louby Lou, I’m not a social, group person at all! So it suited me perfectly. The design of the lodges make you feel like no one else is near, even though they are. We then just stayed in our family group and did the pool everyday, walking and cycling etc. The only time we did a group activity was when we treated ourselves to an archery session.  I think we ate out once and then the rest of the time I cooked. (We we’re on a budget then)

• Like 2

On 26/11/2022 at 10:00, zigzag said:

Louby Lou, I’m not a social, group person at all! So it suited me perfectly. The design of the lodges make you feel like no one else is near, even though they are. We then just stayed in our family group and did the pool everyday, walking and cycling etc. The only time we did a group activity was when we treated ourselves to an archery session.  I think we ate out once and then the rest of the time I cooked. (We we’re on a budget then)

That sounds reasuring 😊 

We can't actually do a lot of the activites as they have a min age of 3 and the GD is 2.11, suits us as I'm taking lots of bits/bobs to do ourselves in the lodge. Some of the christmas activites are a bit 'coal to Newcastle' to be honest - we dont need to pay £15 to decorate a stocking ... when they only cost a £1 in the works, same with decorating christams cookie sessions! 🤣🤣  

To be honest we just want the 'Christmas feeling' with lots of twinkly lights and log fires etc. (Yes - i'm packing a full on hot-chocolate kit 😁😁)

Do you have a plane for your break?

• Like 2

On 26/11/2022 at 14:25, sunnyday said:

She won't need a plane - she's only going from Cornwall to Devon 🤣🤣🤣

Need a passport though to cross the border!!

Relaxing, pleasing ourselves, eating out, sea glass hunting (I am obsessed) and maybe a little Christmas shopping.

• Like 2

On 26/11/2022 at 10:41, louby loo said:

That sounds reasuring 😊 

We can't actually do a lot of the activites as they have a min age of 3 and the GD is 2.11, suits us as I'm taking lots of bits/bobs to do ourselves in the lodge. Some of the christmas activites are a bit 'coal to Newcastle' to be honest - we dont need to pay £15 to decorate a stocking ... when they only cost a £1 in the works, same with decorating christams cookie sessions! 🤣🤣  

To be honest we just want the 'Christmas feeling' with lots of twinkly lights and log fires etc. (Yes - i'm packing a full on hot-chocolate kit 😁😁)

Do you have a plane for your break?

The activities and extras are really expensive. At the time we were on a strict budget so had to choose carefully. The four of us did archery, then the boys did paddle boarding (little did we know that a few years later this would be my sons summer job teaching it) and I think the boys did tennis as well.  It will be lovely there at Xmas time.  Have a wonderful time.

On 26/11/2022 at 16:55, zigzag said:

Need a passport though to cross the border!!

Relaxing, pleasing ourselves, eating out, sea glass hunting (I am obsessed) and maybe a little Christmas shopping.

I’m obsessed with sea glass too!   I’m glad it’s not just me! 🤭

• Like 4

On 26/11/2022 at 17:57, Cait said:

I’m obsessed with sea glass too!   I’m glad it’s not just me! 🤭

Every beach walk I search for it!  For the first time this week I was organised and took a little mesh bag with me to put the pieces in as usually they are mixed up with the spare poo bags in my pocket. Anyway collected a few bits, got home and had only lost the flaming bag!! Can’t wait to see what Devon comes up with!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 02/12/2022 at 10:06, Cait said:

Woooah!   How is it Friday again!!!   

Pass! 🤣 But indeed 'tis Friday

I feel that I am really busy, but conversely, I often think 'what have I actually got done'? 🤷‍♀️

I made a 'big' decision this week - I am standing down from a Committee that I have served on for 27 years - why do I feel so guilty about that - I know that I have gone over and above for all of that time

I am enjoying the football so much; I realise that it is not everyone's cup of tea 😂

Hope everyone is okay?

Hasn't it got cold - I may have mentioned that I don't do winter!

Have a lovely weekend all x

• Like 1

On 02/12/2022 at 10:43, sunnyday said:

I made a 'big' decision this week - I am standing down from a Committee that I have served on for 27 years - why do I feel so guilty about that - I know that I have gone over and above for all of that time

Because you commit, give it 100% and don’t take the responsibility you signed up to lightly ….well done for stepping down, I stupidly signed for a 5th term as a school governor this week 

it has turned cold, back to heating on and windows open, I can see the £ signs floating out of them 😔 

• Like 1

Mousey I have been a governor for 13 years. I enjoy it but have reached the point where I want my time at home to be free from school! I have mooted stepping down but the school is expecting Ofsted and I also want to be there to support with that.

busy week at school - quite a few ‘challenges’ in different ways - I tell myself it’s building resilience! 😉 We have a Christmas stay and play next week if anyone has any easily resource able ideas for activities/crafts I’d love to hear them. All the other classes have TAs  who are getting their creative heads on whilst I need to focus on staffing! It’s hard not to feel overwhelmed at the moment! I need a week off just to catch up!

• Like 2

Thanks Mousie and young Froglet - I have done the school governor bit, but luckily it was as a 'parent governor' which meant I only had to serve for three years

There has never been a time in my adult life that I haven't been on at least one committee, I always seem to end up in the secretarial role...

Enough already! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/12/2022 at 21:36, louby loo said:

Another week gone  already! 😳

I enjoyed CentreParcs, but I don't think I'll be rushing back 😂

I've never been on a committee 😮  Only the PTA. I did run a Raibow group for many years though. 😊

My life seems to have been full of committees. 3 different PCCs, 2 boards of governors, 2 PTA’s, a restoration committee, a preschool committee, girl guiding, childminders and early years, church social and fundraising, church hall management, churches together……….  It can be never ending and I always seem to end up as Secretary or treasurer! 

• Like 2

On 06/12/2022 at 17:21, zigzag said:

Hope everyone is ok on the busy run up to Christmas (I am not missing it at all). 

We opted not to reinstate the Nativity play that had been shelved the last couple of years (committee not fully onboard with that 🙄) so way less stress and time taken up with practice and the logistics of not having all children in together for a full cast and then the negotiating over when we could use the school hall.

Trying to keep everyone happy with extra hours and new starters for places I don’t have (mainly due to how many children need support beyond the ratio requirement) in January is creating a real headache, what is it with people waiting to a week before you close to ask or return the booking form they were given months ago 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

Mousie - I feel your pain with the forms - actually my lot often lost them so then I was not only reminding but having to print duplicates 🤦‍♀️

Zigzag - your seaglass collecting is super impressive and those scenes from Appledore are stunning (I was a bit confused as there is an Appledore fairly close to here - I did a bit of a double take thinking but zigzag was going to Devon!😂

• Haha 2

On 07/12/2022 at 06:35, Mouseketeer said:

We opted not to reinstate the Nativity play that had been shelved the last couple of years (committee not fully onboard with that 🙄) so way less stress and time taken up with practice and the logistics of not having all children in together for a full cast and then the negotiating over when we could use the school hall.

Trying to keep everyone happy with extra hours and new starters for places I don’t have (mainly due to how many children need support beyond the ratio requirement) in January is creating a real headache, what is it with people waiting to a week before you close to ask or return the booking form they were given months ago 🤦‍♀️

We just sing a few songs, the children dress up as sorts... bobble hat for snowmen etc.  Not to stressfull and the parents like it 😊

We are a preschool 2+, term time only.  Yesterday I had a parent of a 17month child (phone call) asking me to help sort her sons childcare at a full time setting as she couldnt find a place- so could I do it for her! 😳🤣

• Confused 1

Not a bad sea glass haul today from a cove in Woolacombe. Certainly a relaxing way to spend a couple of hours.  Hope everyone is ok on the busy run up to Christmas (I am not missing it at all). 

I always think there's something quite magical about sea glass 😍

Love the crochet 🌲!  Looks like you're enjoying the break 😊

• Like 1

Not a bad sea glass haul today from a cove in Woolacombe. Certainly a relaxing way to spend a couple of hours.  Hope everyone is ok on the busy run up to Christmas (I am not missing it at all). 

308C709B-1955-4C5E-BBCE-51FE46236662.jpeg

26CC8964-2218-4C2C-A982-B8AC155149ED.jpeg

Wowsers!  So jealous!  
Mine live in this heavy glass bowl

image.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/12/2022 at 14:48, louby loo said:

We just sing a few songs, the children dress up as sorts... bobble hat for snowmen etc.  Not to stressfull and the parents like it 😊

We are a preschool 2+, term time only.  Yesterday I had a parent of a 17month child (phone call) asking me to help sort her sons childcare at a full time setting as she couldnt find a place- so could I do it for her! 😳🤣

Oh my goodness what an awful cheek, what did you say?

• Like 2