Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 29/10/2022 at 09:46, louby loo said:

Roughly what size do yu do? (please 😊)  Seems this could be the way ahead for my blanket x

Do you work in inches?

Something like 30 x 40

Just enough to cover a lap or tuck around a small child in a pushchair

On 28/10/2022 at 20:24, Froglet said:

When mine is done it should be mostly blues and greys. I chose a couple of pinky purples for higher temperatures. I did try all my colours next to each other to check I liked the combinations.

I think the lap blankets is a great idea - I’ve sat with blankets on my knee or round my neck recently and it’s made such a difference to how warm I am.

Yes they are cosy!  Currently working on a deep purple one for ‘goth’ step-granddaughter for Christmas - she’s just started uni.   I’m using DK 100g balls and I’m on the last ball but one, just going back and forth round and back, so it’s pretty big, but not as big as the cotton thread one I made for our daughter’s wedding that took the best part of 9 months and fits their King sized bed.  

• Like 2

On 31/10/2022 at 21:01, sunnyday said:

We've enjoyed lots of spooky visitors this evening - my favourite was a little girl who made off down my drive with her sweeties and then quickly ran back to say "thank you, see you next year" 

Too dark and creepy down our road 🎃 We never have any visitors, so every year I have to eat the chocolate myself!  Your visitor sounded very sweet and polite 😊

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 22:42, louby loo said:

Too dark and creepy down our road 🎃 We never have any visitors, so every year I have to eat the chocolate myself!  Your visitor sounded very sweet and polite 😊

On 01/11/2022 at 14:30, zigzag said:

No one ever ventures this far out of our village, so we are never bothered!

You are missing out - I absolutely love it - might be different in a town I suppose, but we get the sweetest of children calling here, I don't bother putting out a pumpkin which is the 'signal' that you are happy to have spooky visitors - they all know me and Mr S and know they will be welcome...parents tend to stay at the bottom of the drive and the children make their own way to the door - lovely!

• Like 2

Hello all - 'tis Friday - I have no idea where this week has gone - it's such a cliche but I really do wonder how I ever found time to work 😂

How is everyone?

Nothing exciting to report from here - although I am very happy with today's weather - the rain has been relentless this week

Wishing you all a lovely weekend x

• Like 1

Bit sad firework night called off due to flooding at granddaughters' village, and we have a stunning day here today.   Other granddaughters are full of cold and Hand Foot Mouth on the rampage in the area so hope they don't have that or get that.

Have been sewing for the festive season patchwork table toppers and runners but have turned attention to sewing  baby doll items for youngest granddaughter who is one next week!   She loves her Flopsy Bunny but there isn't much on the market for that - Peter Rabbit a different proposition! Have some Flopsy fabric so sewing away.    If a week goes quickly this past year has flown by☺️

• Like 2

How is it Friday already!?  Strictly tomorrow 👍🏼

small dog is okay today after her dental.  8 teeth removed so now only three incisors left.   She’s done really well considering that when we rescued her three years ago when she was 8, they took most of her teeth out as they were completely rotten.   They left the rest as they weren’t too bad after they’d chipped the tartar off, but said at the time she’d only get a maximum of two years out of them.  So she’s in recovery mode, getting lots of love and cuddles, but already, obviously feeling more herself.  

678CE608-9BD4-4558-9C8F-888497547209.jpeg

• Like 3

On 04/11/2022 at 12:54, Cait said:

How is it Friday already!?  Strictly tomorrow 👍🏼

small dog is okay today after her dental.  8 teeth removed so now only three incisors left.   She’s done really well considering that when we rescued her three years ago when she was 8, they took most of her teeth out as they were completely rotten.   They left the rest as they weren’t too bad after they’d chipped the tartar off, but said at the time she’d only get a maximum of two years out of them.  So she’s in recovery mode, getting lots of love and cuddles, but already, obviously feeling more herself.  

678CE608-9BD4-4558-9C8F-888497547209.jpeg

Oh bless her - dear little thing - give her an extra cuddle from her Auntie Sunny please

• Like 1

On 04/11/2022 at 12:56, Cait said:

Ooh. Have you a pattern for your table toppers?   I need to create some crafts fairly quickly for the church Christmas fair after we’ve had a request for a handicraft stall!  

You are going to be 'on a mission' now then!

Well this week had certainly flown past!

Nothing much to report here either.

Loving all the talk about Christmas  preparations 😁

Cait- Hope small dog makes a quick recovery 😋

Froglet- No idea about this book - but it appears to be set around some kind of bucket list- thinking it may have some ideas for yours! 🤣🤣🤣 (Note I haven't bought/read it so I don't really have a clue whether or not it's even read worthy!!!!).     The Never Have I Ever Club: Mary Jayne Baker.

• Like 1

Happy Friday all. Nothing exciting this week just the lovely slow unstressed pace of my new life! Could have done with better weather, it’s been atrocious here this week and getting used to the dark evenings is so very difficult.   Bit annoyed as my son has been on the Isle of Wight for the last three weeks on a course learning how to be a deck hand on the mega yachts. Booked on the train to come home on Monday, they then announce a strike for next week so we book a coach home, now they have cancelled the blooming train strike! It’s so infuriating and he is now £75 down 😡

• Like 1

On 04/11/2022 at 17:37, zigzag said:

Happy Friday all. Nothing exciting this week just the lovely slow unstressed pace of my new life! Could have done with better weather, it’s been atrocious here this week and getting used to the dark evenings is so very difficult.   Bit annoyed as my son has been on the Isle of Wight for the last three weeks on a course learning how to be a deck hand on the mega yachts. Booked on the train to come home on Monday, they then announce a strike for next week so we book a coach home, now they have cancelled the blooming train strike! It’s so infuriating and he is now £75 down 😡

I'm just so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new life

How frustrating for your son - I shall have a grrr on his behalf

• Haha 1

On 04/11/2022 at 17:37, zigzag said:

Pleased to hear how stress free life is zigzag, sounds great and a million miles away from trying to work out that furlough nonsense or whether we really had to do those stupid tax returns 🙄 though I have had an enforced holiday this week as ‘it’ finally got me …well I say holiday I’ve managed to get some things that keep getting put on the back burner done like policy updates.

Still reading up on what you’re all up to, sounds like I def need to retire, I think you all got out in time, EY is on it’s knees with staffing problems and still the c**p funding to contend with and no money to support more and more sen children 😔

Take care everyone ~(((^> 

• Like 2

On 05/11/2022 at 07:40, Mouseketeer said:

Pleased to hear how stress free life is zigzag, sounds great and a million miles away from trying to work out that furlough nonsense or whether we really had to do those stupid tax returns 🙄 though I have had an enforced holiday this week as ‘it’ finally got me …well I say holiday I’ve managed to get some things that keep getting put on the back burner done like policy updates.

Still reading up on what you’re all up to, sounds like I def need to retire, I think you all got out in time, EY is on it’s knees with staffing problems and still the c**p funding to contend with and no money to support more and more sen children 😔

Take care everyone ~(((^> 

Oh Mousie so sorry to read that 'it' got you - hope you haven't been too poorly

I can certainly recommend this retirement lark 🤣

• Like 1