Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 30/09/2022 at 21:51, Panders said:

We'll see Sunnyday - pick it up next Wednesday - if it's in one piece I'll post a photograph of it, it not, I'll post one of it during construction and you can all commiserate with me😂

I have all confidence in you I'm sure it will be fine

So had a text - quilt ready - seems to have survived!  Have take advice from online googling quilters and seems best to lay it flat for storage, so its on youngest son's bed for the moment have covered it up with a flat sheet to keep dust off.   Quite a time before I need to give it to them - they don't get married until September 😆

IMG_7804.JPG

Edited by Panders
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 03/10/2022 at 14:04, Panders said:

So had a text - quilt ready - seems to have survived!  Have take advice from online googling quilters and seems best to lay it flat for storage, so its on youngest son's bed for the moment have covered it up with a flat sheet to keep dust off.   Quite a time before I need to give it to them - they don't get married until September 😆

IMG_7804.JPG

Wow! that quite an achievement! It looks fantastic- well done!🏆

You know Louby loo, it turned me  into a quilting bore😆 there was a time when it was all I could discuss - however, the hardest thing about it all was getting it sewn within a normal domestic sewing machine - it was so heavy and so much of it to process, but apart from that I took my time and just did an hour or two a day - including the unpicking on bad days🤣.  Glad it's done now.  Time to crack on with much smaller patchwork projects for December

IMG_7804.JPG

That is so lovely - see I said you were clever!

• Like 1

On 03/10/2022 at 16:08, Panders said:

You know Louby loo, it turned me  into a quilting bore😆 there was a time when it was all I could discuss - however, the hardest thing about it all was getting it sewn within a normal domestic sewing machine - it was so heavy and so much of it to process, but apart from that I took my time and just did an hour or two a day - including the unpicking on bad days🤣.  Glad it's done now.  Time to crack on with much smaller patchwork projects for December

I note that you avoided use of the C word 😂

IMG_7804.JPG

Wow, this is fabulous.  You are very clever.

• Like 1

Morning all - 'tis Friday!

Honestly this retirement lark is making me lazy - it's 9:30 and still not dressed - right I must get on - well I will when I have finished my cuppa 😂

Nothing exciting to report from here (which I quite like really)

Hope everyone is okay and that you all have the best of weekends x

• Like 1

Indeed another Friday already, just back from my dance class for the over 50's... sadly one more class then it's finished 😢  There was only two of us attending and they just couldn't get the numbers up.  

Anyway the weeks are flying past, I need to tidy up the garden for winter this weekend. Last year the flowers lasted so much longer, and my hanging baskets almost made to Christmas still looking good - not this year though.

P.S. notice how I just managed to slip 'the word' in there! 🤣

On 07/10/2022 at 12:17, louby loo said:

Indeed another Friday already, just back from my dance class for the over 50's... sadly one more class then it's finished 😢  There was only two of us attending and they just couldn't get the numbers up.  

Anyway the weeks are flying past, I need to tidy up the garden for winter this weekend. Last year the flowers lasted so much longer, and my hanging baskets almost made to Christmas still looking good - not this year though.

P.S. notice how I just managed to slip 'the word' in there! 🤣

Oh louby, louby loo - I most certainly did notice - you will be in so much trouble if Sue sees that! 😧🤣

I still have lots of gardening jobs to get done but there is quite a lot still flowering

Your dance class sounds like fun what a shame that people haven't come forward for that...

On 07/10/2022 at 13:01, sunnyday said:

Oh louby, louby loo - I most certainly did notice - you will be in so much trouble if Sue sees that! 😧🤣

I still have lots of gardening jobs to get done but there is quite a lot still flowering

Your dance class sounds like fun what a shame that people haven't come forward for that...

Re the flowers- yes! I've just been out to sweep a few leaves (ash tree, they come down on mass over about a three days 🤣 they'll be knee deep again tomorrow!) anyway I noticed some of my stocks are re-flowering 😁 they were a disappointment this year, I've just had there beautiful scent whilst sweeping up.

Yes, the turn out for the class was a disappointment, but I think many in this age group are either still working or providing childcare for grandchildren.

• Like 1

Wow! lots to catch up on, looks like everyone is keeping busy …

Not even the end of the first half term and it feels like it should be the end of the year, seems to have been an endless round of recruitment processes, they come, they go like I’ve never known before, on top of new committee member paperwork (oh my days).

Have a good weekend all 😊 

• Like 1

All good down here. Busy scrubbing and still loving the lack of school stress!  Having been paying attention to Liz Truss really, I can’t stand the women. So haven’t heard about the ratios or funding changes. But paying funding to parents seems like a recipe for disaster in my opinion!  But I don’t actually care any more! 
Off to scatter Dads ashes today. We have been putting it off and making lots of excuses but today is the day. It’s a beautiful and calm sunny day, perfect for scattering off the cliff top that he chose. 
Hope everyone has a restful weekend.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2022 at 10:40, zigzag said:

Off to scatter Dads ashes today. We have been putting it off and making lots of excuses but today is the day. It’s a beautiful and calm sunny day, perfect for scattering off the cliff top that he chose. 
Hope everyone has a restful weekend.

Have a calm and peaceful day 💐 💕

On 08/10/2022 at 06:53, Mouseketeer said:

Not even the end of the first half term and it feels like it should be the end of the year, seems to have been an endless round of recruitment processes, they come, they go like I’ve never known before, on top of new committee member paperwork (oh my days).

What kind of setting are you?  Hope you can get it sorted soon.

We're sessional and our newest member of staff has been with us for coming up to 5 years!  (although sometimes that brings issues with complacency  etc 😭)

Should have been out for lunch with two friends today - had to cancel, blessed Covid (not me), so started the day feeling a bit fed up - another friend rang and asked "have you been out for your walk yet", I hadn't, so we had a lovely long walk together, then when I came home I got on with some gardening, weather just beautiful here - so all in all a very nice day!

Hope all went well lovely zigzag - it's a tough thing to do x

Mousie - that all sounds very trying - i do hope it all gets sorted soon

I am sending out a search party shortly for young Froglet and fm 

• Like 2

I’m still here! Just very, very busy (I didn’t think it was possible to e busier than last year but I am). HT keeps saying to slow down but the TDL is still there. Today however, after waking up at 5am I have not done much - one urgent school job some crochet - I’m making new cot blankets for the two reception classes at school, binge watched a lot of episodes of Poirot and had a nap. At least it was 2 1/2 hours long - I’m not sure that can still count as a nap!

• Like 2

All went well, a few tears were shed but it was such a beautiful day so we just sat up there and talked, it was so calm and peaceful.  And a stunning view a good place to be laid to rest. We have also put a little simple plaque on the wall.

71C77F88-13DB-4EA8-84E9-4541AC4A52E0.jpeg

Edited by zigzag
  • Like 5

On 08/10/2022 at 09:04, sunnyday said:

Paying funding directly to parents as opposed to providers - hmmm - what does everyone think about that?

I haven’t even seen/heard this but I’m presuming it would be in voucher form (not just cash in the hand surely) the government removes itself as the middle man between parents and settings so they can’t be blamed by parents for ‘allowing’ us to charge a top up fee, knowing we will charge the real cost of delivering childcare and we’ll be the bad guys not them 🤔  

edit - have now seen it, the idea of paying grandparents kind of appeals …I could retire 😁 

On 08/10/2022 at 12:47, louby loo said:

What kind of setting are you?  Hope you can get it sorted soon.

We're sessional and our newest member of staff has been with us for coming up to 5 years!  (although sometimes that brings issues with complacency  etc 😭)

Term time only, we have a few who seem to have been in post for years but the last couple of years seems like we’ve fit a turnstile…..next 🙄

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am having serious motivation problems today - am not feeling great (pretty sure it’s just tired but not quite tired enough to sleep nor ill enough to be off school. Even if I were the things on my to do list are for other classes so I’d have to do them anyway. 🙁 Just one week until half term - I can do this!

On 09/10/2022 at 14:46, Froglet said:

I am having serious motivation problems today - am not feeling great (pretty sure it’s just tired but not quite tired enough to sleep nor ill enough to be off school. Even if I were the things on my to do list are for other classes so I’d have to do them anyway. 🙁 Just one week until half term - I can do this!

You can do this!

Sending heaps of positive vibes to you young Froglet x

• Like 2