Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 23/09/2022 at 15:48, louby loo said:

Maybe store it in your garage or shed? .... 🤷‍♀️🤣

Another Friday, work not to bad but I can tell that deep down I am quietly quitting already ... I know longer keep up with every bit of new information that comes out, and I'm doing most of the paperwork at work- in work time!

For the first time ever I am managing 'to leave work at work! 

Oh and the baby's a boy 😮.... we were all convinced it was another girl! 😂

Oh wow - a baby boy - what fantastic news - huge congratulations to all

OOOh a pigeon pair a boy and a girl.    How lovely Loubyloo.   Actually I think Sunnyday was hoping for suggestions about getting rid of the whiffy damp smell from the wool, not where to store it 😂.  I have no practical ideas about that, other than exposing it all to fresh air for a while maybe, or maybe once its been knitted up and washed it might go?

• Like 1

On 23/09/2022 at 15:48, louby loo said:

Maybe store it in your garage or shed? .... 🤷‍♀️🤣

Another Friday, work not to bad but I can tell that deep down I am quietly quitting already ... I know longer keep up with every bit of new information that comes out, and I'm doing most of the paperwork at work- in work time!

For the first time ever I am managing 'to leave work at work! 

Oh and the baby's a boy 😮.... we were all convinced it was another girl! 😂

Louby Lou I have to tell you that I feel like a different person now I have left. I didn’t realise quite how stressed I was ALL of the time until I got out. I still can’t believe that I feel so happy that I have left, never in a million years did I think I would feel like this.  I had to pop in today to walk the new manager through her first wages sheet and funding task and I couldn’t wait to get out again!  Even seeing the children and the changes I didn’t feel one emotional tug at all.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 24/09/2022 at 15:49, Cait said:

Any Strictly watchers? Do we need a new thread or hijack this one? 

Feel free to use this thread - it's good to keep our 'witterings' in one place! 😂

Watched the pairing programme last night and very much looking forward to some dancing this evening

Poor Tony Adams - I really felt for him

In addition to the 'dodgy dancing' what on earth was going on in the trouser department? He needs some advice from the male pro dancers on suitable under-crackers - please tell me I wasn't the only one to notice?! 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

On 25/09/2022 at 11:30, Panders said:

Poor Katya, she's so competitive what will she do.  I thought the pants thing was perhaps something to do with the harness he had to wear to come down on the Arsenal cannon??

Ah maybe - I found it all quite distracting 😂

On 25/09/2022 at 11:33, sunnyday said:

Ah maybe - I found it all quite distracting 😂

I don’t feel that he’s going to be a distraction for very long! 

There were some very high scores last night for week 1!  Craig seemed all over the place at times.  We’ve seen this before in week 1 though and week 2 can be a bit of a crash, when they’ve only had a week to rehearse.

I did enjoy that they knew their pairings already, but boy did they spin that out!!!   

• Like 1

On 23/09/2022 at 09:31, sunnyday said:

Good morning all - tis Friday!

How is everyone getting on with the new term?

We lit our wood-burner for the first time yesterday - very cosy! The weather has certainly 'turned' here, bring back summer I say!

Someone has donated a huge, and I mean huge, bag of wool for Knit and Natter - several of my Knit and Natterers took some home yesterday and i brought the rest home with me...all good except that I have now noticed a bit of a 'whiff', think she may have stored it in a garage or shed, not sure what to do about that - answers on a postcard please...

Have a lovely weekend all x

https://blog.creativebug.com/get-smells-yarn/#:~:text=Put your yarn in a,Leave sealed for one week.

saw this - never done it so don't know if any of them work. 

• Like 2

Good morning all - 'tis Friday!

How is everyone?

Can you believe that it will be October tomorrow - won't be long until I have to seek clarification from Sue re use of the 'C word' on here 😂

Mr S and I are having our flu + Covid jabs tomorrow morning - is there much Covid where you are, seems to be 'loads' in my little village 

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

Quite a lot of Covid in our village and surrounding area!  My Mum had her Covid booster last week thank goodness and had no side effects at all. Had her flu jab at lunchtime and had a sore arm already! Apparently this years flu jab has been very painful for most people! 
The weather here today is awful, just said we are going to have to start putting the dehumidifier on in our cottage soon!😢.  Not even wanting to think about the C word this year but saying that did buy a couple of presents for my son whilst online last night! Have had all my brothers family visiting this week from Kent, which has been lovely, but the time has flown way too quickly.

Have a lovely weekend all.

• Like 1

we have covid jabs on the 13th and flu jabs on the 8th - very odd the GP working on a Saturday!  That's a first😂.    With regard to "C"   I'm going to be making some patchwork stuff as little bits this year.    I have made a super king patchwork quilt for middle son as part of their wedding present, for next year and have sent it off to be cleaned - hope it doesn't fall apart.  Seriously worried it might.   Such a huge project to have undertaken, don't know what gets into me sometimes.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 20:19, Panders said:

we have covid jabs on the 13th and flu jabs on the 8th - very odd the GP working on a Saturday!  That's a first😂.    With regard to "C"   I'm going to be making some patchwork stuff as little bits this year.    I have made a super king patchwork quilt for middle son as part of their wedding present, for next year and have sent it off to be cleaned - hope it doesn't fall apart.  Seriously worried it might.   Such a huge project to have undertaken, don't know what gets into me sometimes.

Crikey!

The quilt sounds amazing - how clever are you

On 30/09/2022 at 21:51, Panders said:

We'll see Sunnyday - pick it up next Wednesday - if it's in one piece I'll post a photograph of it, it not, I'll post one of it during construction and you can all commiserate with me😂

You're catastropherfying (however you spell it!!) It will be fine 😊  Can't wait to see a photo!