Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Morning all - tis Friday

What a very strange time this is - agree completely with Cait's comments above re the Royal family, I am in complete awe, I can't begin to imagine how they have managed to carry out their 'duties' in public in the midst of their personal grief...

I am also in awe of all of the people queueing to get into Westminster Hall

A more light-hearted note this week - I asked my eldest son what, if anything, my seven year old granddaughter had been saying/asking about the current situation, it seems that she has a lot to say, my favourite being "why is that blanket on her 'box', is it to keep her warm"...

My weekend will be busy with garden sorting - lots of cutting back and tidying and will start to plant out some wallflowers I think

Whatever your plans I hope the weekend is kind to all x

On 16/09/2022 at 09:47, Cait said:

Fabulous comment on twitter this morning - 

They should have got teachers managing that queue. We'd have brought all our lunch duty skills to have everyone in and out by now.

I’m not sure I could at the moment - my new class don’t really get “pace” - their world includes words like amble, stroll and ‘those instructions apply to everyone else but me”!

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 09:18, Froglet said:

I’m not sure I could at the moment - my new class don’t really get “pace” - their world includes words like amble, stroll and ‘those instructions apply to everyone else but me”!

Two speeds - ‘slow’ and ‘stop’ 

• Haha 1

On 17/09/2022 at 21:10, Cait said:

Two speeds - ‘slow’ and ‘stop’ 

That is so true! I traumatised two of them the other day by telling them they had to stay in at playtime until they’d done enough work. Oddly enough, the next day they wrote more quickly and chatted less! I hasten to add - I only ever do this with children who I know should have been capable of completing all that was expected. I am probably being old fashioned and grumpy but so many of them just don’t seem to realise that their actions have consequences.

• Like 2

On 18/09/2022 at 08:10, Froglet said:

That is so true! I traumatised two of them the other day by telling them they had to stay in at playtime until they’d done enough work. Oddly enough, the next day they wrote more quickly and chatted less! I hasten to add - I only ever do this with children who I know should have been capable of completing all that was expected. I am probably being old fashioned and grumpy but so many of them just don’t seem to realise that their actions have consequences.

'actions have consequences' - that's a life skill in my book...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/09/2022 at 07:57, zigzag said:

We are. And I am now craving Garibaldi biscuits! But not with chocolate! 

I spent last night trying to find chocolate Garibaldi, alas not luck 😬  Must have been late 60s early 70s, they were just the normal cheapie one but with a thin layer of chocolate - does anyone else remember these?

Me and Andy had our Covid boosters today.  Andy a little upset that I was asked if I was having an early one as a NHS worker 🤣 ... he just looks old!

Edited by louby loo
  • Haha 1

On 20/09/2022 at 23:15, louby loo said:

Well I'm going to HAVE to watch in now! Only today I was asking at work if anyone had had a chocolate Garibaldis !!  My nan used to buy them for us when we were little.

we used to call them dead fly biscuits have also heard fly cemetary!  - not a favourite of mine I'll admit

On 22/09/2022 at 13:38, Panders said:

we used to call them dead fly biscuits have also heard fly cemetary!  - not a favourite of mine I'll admit

Squashed fly biscuits here and nope, I really don't like them at all - which is quite odd as I am partial to a biscuit or three 😂

• Haha 1

Found out at Knit and Natter this morning that one of my friends joined 'the queue' - took 12 hours but she is so pleased that she did it - she explained how it all worked and how all hotels and restaurants were offering free coffee/tea to the people queueing - she said that nobody, anywhere was looking to make any money - how brilliant is that...

• Like 4

Good morning all - tis Friday!

How is everyone getting on with the new term?

We lit our wood-burner for the first time yesterday - very cosy! The weather has certainly 'turned' here, bring back summer I say!

Someone has donated a huge, and I mean huge, bag of wool for Knit and Natter - several of my Knit and Natterers took some home yesterday and i brought the rest home with me...all good except that I have now noticed a bit of a 'whiff', think she may have stored it in a garage or shed, not sure what to do about that - answers on a postcard please...

Have a lovely weekend all x

On 23/09/2022 at 09:31, sunnyday said:

, not sure what to do about that - answers on a postcard please...

Maybe store it in your garage or shed? .... 🤷‍♀️🤣

Another Friday, work not to bad but I can tell that deep down I am quietly quitting already ... I know longer keep up with every bit of new information that comes out, and I'm doing most of the paperwork at work- in work time!

For the first time ever I am managing 'to leave work at work! 

Oh and the baby's a boy 😮.... we were all convinced it was another girl! 😂

• Like 1