Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 10/06/2022 at 18:57, louby loo said:

Well I've been ill today- and I don't do ill!  🤢

We have had couple off this week with tummy bugs,  so I guess something must be going around... I suspect  maybe one or two children have sneaked in whilst not being 100%. (the two off haven't been on since before half term so not them)

Supposed to be going out for lunch tomorrow for my daughters birthday, but I think I'll be giving it a miss.

On the plus side I have spent the day laying on the sofa watching TV all day 😁

Oh rotten luck - get well soon xxx

Hope you feel better soon Louby Loo.  I had my first ever migraine yesterday, just about managed to get through work, luckily after showing a family around I could escape to tidy and organise  the storage room so didn’t have to be on it with the children! Walked the dog on a super short walk as by this time I was feeling so sick and dizzy! Then all I could do was collapse into bed for the rest of the afternoon and evening! Makes me so mad, such a waste of a day!  Felt fragile today but so much better!  Was very weird showing prospective people around yesterday, knowing that I am not going to be there in September to work with them!  Six weeks and counting….

• Sad 1

On 11/06/2022 at 21:39, zigzag said:

Hope you feel better soon Louby Loo.  I had my first ever migraine yesterday, just about managed to get through work, luckily after showing a family around I could escape to tidy and organise  the storage room so didn’t have to be on it with the children! Walked the dog on a super short walk as by this time I was feeling so sick and dizzy! Then all I could do was collapse into bed for the rest of the afternoon and evening! Makes me so mad, such a waste of a day!  Felt fragile today but so much better!  Was very weird showing prospective people around yesterday, knowing that I am not going to be there in September to work with them!  Six weeks and counting….

Andy suffers from migraines - but only when 'not stressed'  Well it has got better over the years but they used to be awful, but they only really happened when he had a 'come down' after being particularly stressed.  Like the brain relaxing a guess.

... and I'm actually feeling a lot better today thank goodness, and I hope you are too 😊

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 2

On 11/06/2022 at 21:39, zigzag said:

Ah zigzag you poor thing - migraines are awful - hope that you feeling much better now x

Louby that actually makes perfect sense! I was very stressed and anxious on Thursday with my anxiety going into overdrive. So that might make sense or it may just be reaching a certain age!  Glad you are feeling better now as well. 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 11:56, louby loo said:

I'm really not sure  😳😳😳 !!!

Nor me! But, indeed, tis Friday!

Hot, hot, hot today - not that I'm complaining

Waiting for a four legged friend to arrive - she will be here for the weekend, which will be lovely...

Middle granddaughter's birthday on Sunday - a barbecue was planned - but not sure now about the weather

Have a lovely weekend all x

• Like 2

We had a BBQ for my sons birthday yesterday, when it was hot but overcast. Today, despite the east wind it’s been boiling. Dread to think what it would have been like without the wind 🥵 Hope everyone has a lovey weekend.

• Like 2

Proud Mum moment yesterday when my son attended his third graduation (it never gets old) this time for his Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning, which will enable him to go from Associate Professor to full Professor when a post is available at the Uni where he works.  He teaches mechanical, electrical engineering and applied theoretical and methodolical engineering (I think 😳😳) it’s all a bit above me! 

83D69FBA-721C-4A9A-A151-FFFCC14C0C0A.png

• Like 5

Well here we are again - tis Friday

How is everyone getting on? Are your leaver group all being 'too big for their boots' yet? 😂

Cleaned our Church on Wednesday - four of us worked solidly for two hours - all in preparation for a wedding tomorrow - one of the cleaning team also takes care of Church flowers...she was there yesterday, when a huge group of walkers complete with their walking boots descended 🤦‍♀️ oh well, we did our best...

I have two 'holiday dogs' arriving tomorrow - youngest son's old lab and young retriever - they will keep me on my toes for the next two weeks!

Have a great weekend all x

On 24/06/2022 at 10:19, sunnyday said:

I have two 'holiday dogs' arriving tomorrow - youngest son's old lab and young retriever - they will keep me on my toes for the next two weeks!

I really miss our holiday dog 😢

I have to be honest our older ones (touch wood!) all seem fairly calm this year. that said they haven't done their school visits yet!

Have a concern about one staying on, if he was 5 days older he would have been leaving for school - I really think he going to be unsettled in September.

I have to say the chid that almost broke me into retirement is actually turning out not to bad 😁.  When he started mum told us English is his first language... well at that point we hadn't seen dad so just assumed (wrongly!) he was English... turns out the poor little thing doesn't speak English at all, yes he knows lots of English words (nouns)but he has absolutely no understanding.  I just think how scary it must of been for him to be left with a load of old woman jabbering away at him in gobbledegook - It's no wonder he kept running around throwing things at us - probably in own self-defence!  

Anyway, hope everyone is well and has a good weekend.

• Like 4

Some of my school leavers have reached a stage that I have not encountered before. The girls are using their words and being bitchy to the boys when they don’t want to play and the boys are getting upset and on occasions feisty with their hands! Then we have the constant moans from both sides. I feel like banging their heads together! (I promise I won’t if Ofsted are reading this!) We have a school visit next week but I cannot foresee any problems as they are so VERY ready for the next stage.

My husband and son have had Covid this week, luckily I have escaped it, so they have been feeling very sorry for themselves (typical man flu behaviour) so I have tried very hard to be patient and sympathetic! It actually got me a day off yesterday as the two people I clean for on a Thursday didn’t want to run the risk of having me in.

Im on the countdown now to finishing! We are holding interviews for my position very soon. Two people I would be very happy to hand over to (it feels like I’m abandoning my baby). I keep having people tell me how sad they are that I’m leaving and I keep saying that whoever takes over will be as good at the job and they will soon get used to it! But it’s beginning to feel very strange and real now! I actually just need it to be over so that I can fall apart and then get on with whatever comes next!

Have a lovely weekend all.

• Like 2

Well im sending to 10 schools and not a single one has booked a visit yet !!! they think we can all jump when they shout🙄

we are having quite an ok time with he children though although i don't think any of them have ears! Little one from Ukraine has arrived and is trying to rule the roost (painted my tiles in the bathroom yesterday!!!) unfortunately Mum's friend was killed yesterday ...just awful.😪

Got to write reports this weekend but am seeing my sister for the first time in 3 years !!!!! ❤️

Hope you all have an amazing weekend xxxxxx

• Like 3

On 24/06/2022 at 19:10, zigzag said:

Im on the countdown now to finishing! We are holding interviews for my position very soon. Two people I would be very happy to hand over to (it feels like I’m abandoning my baby). I keep having people tell me how sad they are that I’m leaving and I keep saying that whoever takes over will be as good at the job and they will soon get used to it! But it’s beginning to feel very strange and real now! I actually just need it to be over so that I can fall apart and then get on with whatever comes next!

I totally get how you feel, as much as I’ve never felt more ready to walk away I can’t imagine doing it…yet!

It’s definitely time for some to ship out, but more worrying is the level of support some of the stayers need and where I’m getting staff to manage this, not even sure I’ll have staff for ratio’s let alone anything above without being back in ratio again and I’m not sure I have that in me any longer 😞 

sending everyone good weekend vibes for whatever you are all doing x

• Like 1

On 27/06/2022 at 10:12, sunnyday said:

Oooh - we have a 'Twitter button'!

Does that mean I'm expected to learn what twitter actually is now ?  😂😂  (and where is it? - I can't see it😳)

...or am I expected to update my browser now (like my laptop keeps telling me daily!)

• Haha 1

On 27/06/2022 at 15:59, louby loo said:

Does that mean I'm expected to learn what twitter actually is now ?  😂😂  (and where is it? - I can't see it😳)

...or am I expected to update my browser now (like my laptop keeps telling me daily!)

Oh louby - I like twitter - it is both fun and interesting

(I don't do faceache!)

• Like 2

Only 7 more working days for me (this school year!!) - and one of those is the leavers only day 😳😁

Not a tennis fan (hides under blanket 😮). And I still haven't gotten over BBC moving the Sewing Bee final over to BBC2 on Wednesday yet!!!!!!

• Like 1