Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 01/06/2022 at 09:18, finleysmaid said:

Sorry I haven't been very active on here...lots going on as I've sold my house but our new house sale has fallen through...been a bit distracted.

I can however now tell you we are officially outstanding  ! (Since 2011!!) Its taken a while to get the reports through! Celebrations start next week.

Oh fm - so sorry about the house

But....whoop! whoop! many, many congratulations to you and your team for your outstanding (I'm not a bit surprised) wonderful news!!!

• Like 2

My brain and body have rebelled against the TDL today and I have spent it snoozing, reading and crocheting - some ears for a jack russell and some mini jubilee bunting just because!

Edited by Froglet

On 01/06/2022 at 13:50, Froglet said:

My brain and body have rebelled against the TDL today and I have spent it snoozing, reading and crocheting - some ears for a jack russell and some mini jubilee buntin* just because!

I had a little giggle - imagining a real JR with crocheted ears 🤣 sorry, yes I know I should get out more!

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 09:18, finleysmaid said:

Sorry I haven't been very active on here...lots going on as I've sold my house but our new house sale has fallen through...been a bit distracted.

I can however now tell you we are officially outstanding  ! (Since 2011!!) Its taken a while to get the reports through! Celebrations start next week.

Sorry about the house sale, hope you can find a new house soon!  Huge congratulations on the Ofsted report you must be so proud.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2022 at 08:26, finleysmaid said:

Thanks guys😊 xxx busy day of house viewing yesterday...have to decide if I want town living at a reasonable price or more country living with a house that needs loads doing to it ! 🤪

Hope you get it sorted soon. And well done with the outstanding 😁 

• Like 1

Two cleaning jobs for me today and then helping my husband hang our new doors. Not easy in an old house where nothing is the standard size and no straight edges! Popping out into our garden to watch the lighting up of the beacon in the field right by us. There is a display in our church which  I need to go and look at with photos from the 1930s onwards of the carnival queens from our village, might be in it somewhere as I was an attendant once many moons ago!  Also the rather large crown we made at pre-school is on display as well! Cleaning again on Saturday and then not sure what we will be doing.  Put a few strings of bunting up but nothing major.  Enjoy the celebrations everyone.

D1C547F2-6981-4F7C-8B72-AD828AF0176D.jpeg

5B904BF1-1BF9-468C-9519-82701AA3A30D.jpeg

• Like 4

On 02/06/2022 at 21:15, zigzag said:

....... then helping my husband hang our new doors. Not easy in an old house where nothing is the standard size and no straight edges! 

Very pretty garden 😊

I just leave the house when work need doing on it for the very same reason! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 04/06/2022 at 13:30, sunnyday said:

Anyone know what day it is? 

Honestly, it's like that unmentionable season, I keep losing track! 😂

I’m with you Sunnyday. I have just crocheted a champagne bottle - might that have something to do with it? Currently working on a Victoria sandwich!

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 17:05, Froglet said:

I’m with you Sunnyday. I have just crocheted a champagne bottle - might that have something to do with it? Currently working on a Victoria sandwich!

A crochet Victoria sandwich or a cake to eat? 🤷‍♀️

My DIL made a choice of desserts for the barbecue - chocolate cheesecake or Victoria Sandwich

My 6 year old granddaughter took the orders...then I asked her what she was having

her answer was "Chocolate first and then Victoria" 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 04/06/2022 at 17:47, sunnyday said:

A crochet Victoria sandwich or a cake to eat? 🤷‍♀️

My DIL made a choice of desserts for the barbecue - chocolate cheesecake or Victoria Sandwich

My 6 year old granddaughter took the orders...then I asked her what she was having

her answer was "Chocolate first and then Victoria" 😂

A crochet Victoria sandwich. As for your granddaughter - love a girl with priorities!

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 19:43, zigzag said:

Totally confused by what day it is as well! But feeling sad that there is only one more day until we go back! Really hoping the weather is good for this last part of term.  

Are you staying till the end of term?   That said time will fly- can't believe it's only 5 weeks left! 

Notice I'm totally ignoring the day of the week thing 😂

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 20:22, louby loo said:

Are you staying till the end of term?   That said time will fly- can't believe it's only 5 weeks left! 

Notice I'm totally ignoring the day of the week thing 😂

I’m now staying until the end of the summer term which is 7 weeks! Countdown starts tomorrow!

• Like 3

On 05/06/2022 at 16:04, blondie said:

Six for us too - not sure if it will fly by or drag?

Always used to dread the last half term as once school leavers had visited school it was like "we are too big to be here now". 

Oh yes I remember it well 🤦‍♀️

On 05/06/2022 at 20:03, finleysmaid said:

6 for us...lots of transitions stuff to do plus a few celebrations planned (ofsted!) ...not looking forward to writing reports though 

How often do others write reports...i'm beginning to feel its' too much 

Somehow missed your ‘outstanding’ FM, huge congratulations 🥂 

Hope you find your ‘new home’ very soon 🤞

we only do the 2 yr checks, school transition reports and a very brief ‘shared progress’ at the end of term if we have any children at another setting (though never get anything back and wonder why we bother tbh) 

Hope everyone has a good last half term of the school year, I’m still feeling cheated out of 2 days of the half term break and not ready to go back tomorrow 😖

• Like 2

Well I never - tis Friday again

How is everyone - hope first week back has gone well for all

I am off out to lunch tomorrow with two of my oldest friends, one of whom I haven't seen since last August, really hoping that the weather is kind to us and that we can sit in the pub garden...

Have a lovely weekend x

Well I've been ill today- and I don't do ill!  🤢

We have had couple off this week with tummy bugs,  so I guess something must be going around... I suspect  maybe one or two children have sneaked in whilst not being 100%. (the two off haven't been on since before half term so not them)

Supposed to be going out for lunch tomorrow for my daughters birthday, but I think I'll be giving it a miss.

On the plus side I have spent the day laying on the sofa watching TV all day 😁