Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 14/05/2022 at 15:30, louby loo said:

Otherwise know as slug food in our house! 😭   although last year the cosmos did really well.  Have you done them form seedlings?

Ah don't -please not slug food...

Mr S has grown all from seed - he loves all that sowing, pricking out, potting on malarky! 

Cosmos - a packet of seeds has only produced three plants - bit of a disaster really - but hey, three is better than none

My input is the planting out and the dead heading and general care...

'Team work makes the dream work' and all that! 😂

• Like 1

Veg garden half planted.  Dwarf sunflowers and giant sunflowers gone in today and tomato plants popped into grow bags. Loads of petunias to prick out and pot on tomorrow. I only got five cosmos from my packet but to be fair it was a very old packet!  At this current moment in time everything in the front, back and veg garden is up to date and looking fab! If only I could confidently say it was going to stay like that! 

I have now asked to stay on until the end of July! The person who was going to be interim manager has proved over the last week that they are in no way ok to be in that position and it I just can’t leave the children and other staff in that situation. We have someone interested in the position who would be great and I would feel confident in handing my precious group to them in September. Keep telling myself I am doing the right thing and this way will wrap it all up properly.  So need to keep,being polite and holding my temper with a certain couple of parents for just a bit longer!🤐

• Like 3

On 14/05/2022 at 15:43, sunnyday said:

Ah don't -please not slug food...

Well it was so clear and bright last night - We were able to watch our most effective slug repellents having a midnight feast on the patio!  Two badgers 😁

Well done everyone who grows from seeds.  I usually do sunflowers (everyone eaten last year 😬) and a few of the 'sow straight to soil' kinds.  

Zigzag, stay strong-  I can see it is good to see out the year if you can, however- if it affects other job offers(or family life) then you need to put yourself first!

• Like 2

On 15/05/2022 at 10:09, louby loo said:

Well it was so clear and bright last night - We were able to watch our most effective slug repellents having a midnight feast on the patio!  Two badgers 😁

Well done everyone who grows from seeds.  I usually do sunflowers (everyone eaten last year 😬) and a few of the 'sow straight to soil' kinds.  

Zigzag, stay strong-  I can see it is good to see out the year if you can, however- if it affects other job offers(or family life) then you need to put yourself first!

Badgers! I am green with envy, we were delighted to discover a badger set in our little field, but it's not in active use (well it is by bunnies!)

On 15/05/2022 at 10:14, sunnyday said:

Badgers! I am green with envy, we were delighted to discover a badger set in our little field, but it's not in active use (well it is by bunnies!)

They do play havoc with the lawn though! 

Tis Friday again!

I honestly don't know where the time goes (and that's from my retired view!)

How is everyone? This used to be my favourite term!

Good week here, I finally had my eyes tested (way, way overdue) I was catastrophising before the appointment, quite sure that I would, yet again, be referred on to the 'eye hospital' (I have PVD in both eyes), but I was told that my eyes are 'stable', which was just wonderful

Knit and Natter continues to be such good fun - check out Cait's 'Knit and Natter' thread for pics!

Torrential rain here this morning which is most welcome for the garden

I have a four-legged friend staying for a few days - my eldest son's 'Sprocker' - she is such a sweetie

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2

May have said this last week, but it's actually scary how quick time in flying past.

Torrential rain here too at the moment, which is equally good and bad 😭 I was hoping to do a bit of gardening.

We're off to see Peppa Pig at the local Steam train Sunday hopefully the weather will be good- although it's so local that to be honest it won't much difference if it is raining anyway 😊

• Like 2

🙀  Already!!!

Well, we've had a good week.  Hopefully  we might have turned a corner with our little terror child! 🤞 He's beginning to understand we don't hit our friends (hard) around the head with our toys!

Heat-wise this is my ideal weather which helps too 😁

I can't believe we only have six weeks left!  Not even that if you break it down. 5 Mon/Fri. and 6 Tue/Wed/Thurs 🙀 (not that I'm counting 😂)

We have RideLondon coming through our village this weekend - no one is happy about it as it was only 'thrown' at us in February, and not forward planned! Lots of disruptions for so many people (like weddings and other big family events that have already been delayed due to Covid). I really feel for many businesses that have struggled for two years and now are being forced to close over the weekend.    

Well, I've stocked up on some bedding plants (and I can actually walk to our little garden centre) so I'm set up for the weekend 😊

• Like 1

Oh the joys of half term! I woke up at 3am but managed to go back to sleep and not wake again until 8am. I have spent the morning in pyjamas crocheting a mini lion and am now contemplating what next. My brother and sister are coming to mum and dad’s with respective families tomorrow and I need to sort a birthday present for my sister-in-law. I think I’m going to do a selection of edible things so will spend the afternoon browsing recipes and cooking.

I do want to go through my school emails today. There were 123 in my ‘need action’ folder but I’m fairly sure some of them have been done. I want to see what’s what on the good old TDL before next week starts so I can actually be productive. I will be taking plenty of time off too! Am going to the theatre one day and also need to try to do dull but necessary jobs to sort possible leaks at home.

• Like 2

Crochet in jim-jams sounds perfect young Froglet!

Emails sound awful, TDL hmmm not so good either

Family get together will be wonderful I'm sure

What are you going to see at the theatre?

We have been 'out' - huge Garden Show - whoop! Mr S managed really well which was a relief and we come back a little poorer! 

I have some planting out to do now, which will keep me both busy and happy

On 28/05/2022 at 14:57, sunnyday said:

Crochet in jim-jams sounds perfect young Froglet!

Emails sound awful, TDL hmmm not so good either

Family get together will be wonderful I'm sure

What are you going to see at the theatre?

We have been 'out' - huge Garden Show - whoop! Mr S managed really well which was a relief and we come back a little poorer! 

I have some planting out to do now, which will keep me both busy and happy

Garden show sounds lovely, glad Mr S managed.

I’m going to see A Murder is Announced - an Agatha Christie.

I may be rethinking the birthday gift idea - have just woken up. Do I just find something online and arrange for it to be delivered to her house?

On 28/05/2022 at 15:53, Froglet said:

Garden show sounds lovely, glad Mr S managed.

I’m going to see A Murder is Announced - an Agatha Christie.

I may be rethinking the birthday gift idea - have just woken up. Do I just find something online and arrange for it to be delivered to her house?

Hmm. What sort of things were you thinking about?  Some plain scones with Jam and cream is simple, with a dish of strawberries.    Pigs in blankets are easy and always a winner in our house.  

On 28/05/2022 at 17:33, Cait said:

Hmm. What sort of things were you thinking about?  Some plain scones with Jam and cream is simple, with a dish of strawberries.    Pigs in blankets are easy and always a winner in our house.  

Oh I like the scones and jam idea! I might also make a jar of chutney or pickle and some crackers. I have tomorrow morning - it was important to rest today I think!

• Like 1

In the end I made lemon madeleines, lemon curd and some marzipan cookies. I love a cheese scone too but I’ve not had much practice at chutneys and pickles and since I lost my sense of taste and smell I am wary of things like that unless I can get others to taste test for me!

• Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 13:45, Panders said:

Oh Froglet - was that a Covid thing?    Have you any idea if you will get your sense of smell/taste back?

My eldest still hasn't really recovered his sense of taste and smell - he had Covid last December...the absolute worst thing for him is that 'strong' smells like a lovely coffee shop or bacon frying smell like 'drains' - it's all quite bizarre

Edited by sunnyday

It’s my understanding that he needs to re-teach his senses.  Spend a good few minutes smelling the same thing, like coffee or whatever and re- train his brain.   It really works, but it takes time and lots of repetition over the course of a day/week/month.  

• Like 2

On 29/05/2022 at 13:45, Panders said:

Oh Froglet - was that a Covid thing?    Have you any idea if you will get your sense of smell/taste back?

Yes, didn’t notice at first but then made a loaf of bread over Christmas and then realised as I took it out the oven that I couldn’t smell it at all. I don’t have any horrible smells but can hardly smell anything or taste anything much. Given how much I love food and cooking it’s very depressing.

• Sad 1

On 29/05/2022 at 20:16, Froglet said:

Yes, didn’t notice at first but then made a loaf of bread over Christmas and then realised as I took it out the oven that I couldn’t smell it at all. I don’t have any horrible smells but can hardly smell anything or taste anything much. Given how much I love food and cooking it’s very depressing.

On 29/05/2022 at 16:00, Cait said:

It’s my understanding that he needs to re-teach his senses.  Spend a good few minutes smelling the same thing, like coffee or whatever and re- train his brain.   It really works, but it takes time and lots of repetition over the course of a day/week/month.  

Oh Froglet 😢

Try looking into what Cait mentioned- Ive heard it mentioned a few time now.  It was something like smelling things deeply for around 10-15 times.

On 30/05/2022 at 17:13, louby loo said:

Oh Froglet 😢

Try looking into what Cait mentioned- Ive heard it mentioned a few time now.  It was something like smelling things deeply for around 10-15 times.

I will, I’d heard about smelling and visualising the smell too but I hadn’t realised the length of time you should do it for. I get wafts of smells like citrus and mint but they are tantalisingly short. There is an upside - a child was sick and I couldn’t smell it! 😉

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 31/05/2022 at 06:56, Froglet said:

I will, I’d heard about smelling and visualising the smell too but I hadn’t realised the length of time you should do it for. I get wafts of smells like citrus and mint but they are tantalisingly short. There is an upside - a child was sick and I couldn’t smell it! 😉

Love that you are looking on the bright side!  So glad that I didn’t lose my taste or smell it must be really horrid. Hope it soon returns.

Sorry I haven't been very active on here...lots going on as I've sold my house but our new house sale has fallen through...been a bit distracted.

I can however now tell you we are officially outstanding  ! (Since 2011!!) Its taken a while to get the reports through! Celebrations start next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 01/06/2022 at 09:18, finleysmaid said:

Sorry I haven't been very active on here...lots going on as I've sold my house but our new house sale has fallen through...been a bit distracted.

I can however now tell you we are officially outstanding  ! (Since 2011!!) Its taken a while to get the reports through! Celebrations start next week.

Sorry about the house but congratulations on the outstanding! That’s wonderful news!

• Like 2