Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 22/03/2022 at 12:16, sunnyday said:

Oh dear goodness - I am not safe to be let out on my own - just went to pick up a repeat prescription for my dear old MIL - conversation went like this

Me: Repeat prescription for (MIL's name) please

Receptionist: Was it ordered in February?

Me: February, no not at all, my husband ordered it last month...

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ My excuse is that it is such a lovely day I thought it was summer 🤣

(Face palm) 😂😂😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/03/2022 at 09:03, zigzag said:

First negative test today. I cannot wait for human contact! I just need a hug from my husband and to get to see Mum and Dad.  Amazingly my husband and son who live in the same house have not caught it. 

That’s brilliant news!   They may have had it without symptoms of course.  I understand that that’s possible.

on another note - has anyone found out what the leaves and rocket badges are with our pictures? 

On 25/03/2022 at 09:03, zigzag said:

First negative test today. I cannot wait for human contact! I just need a hug from my husband and to get to see Mum and Dad.  Amazingly my husband and son who live in the same house have not caught it. 

That's such good news zigzag - what day is it for you today (and yes I know it's Friday!) did you isolate yourself from your husband son?

On 25/03/2022 at 09:56, Cait said:

on another note - has anyone found out what the leaves and rocket badges are with our pictures? 

I think that it signifies/changes with number of posts (but I could be wrong, I often am) - so those of us that have an awful lot to say for ourselves have leaves 😂

• Haha 1

Here we are then another Friday - are you all breaking up next week?

It is a very special day in the sunnyday household - it is our Golden wedding anniversary! 50 years, 50 years my goodness how have we managed that?! We were so young - I was seventeen and Mr S was nineteen - what madness is that! Seriously never thought that we would reach this milestone, not because of any doubts about our love and commitment, but I didn't think that my wonderful Mr S would make it this far with his very fragile health state, I am and always will be so very grateful to the team at the Royal Brompton who have provided such wonderful care for him...

No party - which we would have had in 'normal circumstances' - but hopefully a family celebration this evening with our sons, daughters-in-law and grandchildren - if all test negative today - keep everything crossed for us please!

Anyway, enough of the slushy stuff (!) hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 4

Happy Anniversary GIFTold you he was a keeper!

Congratulations to you both.   Seventeen and nineteen - babies still by today's standards, you have been a "grown up" for a long time as my daughter-in-law tells me often.

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

Oh that’s fabulous news!   My phone didn’t remind me!  So sorry!   
Huge congratulations to you both, we are a decade behind you, as you know, but, like you, I’m just so, so pleased to have made this milestone, and I hope and pray that Zebedee is still with us to enjoy our 50th!   

I hope your evening is fantastic and you’re able to feel that things are ‘normal’ for a few hours xxxxx

• Like 3

Hello 'not at all old' friends ... I've just put a post in the research area and I know some of you lovelies might be able to help me :) Since leaving FSF I'm busy studying, working for FSF on the APPG in Westminster, running my nursery and also doing my Doctorate in the PVI sector (hence the research request!) - if you are able to help, or know someone who can .... well, you know the rest! Thank you Rebecca x

• Like 2

On 30/03/2022 at 17:14, louby loo said:

I'm just a term-time preschool, so I do not meet you criteria - but if things change for you I'm happy to participate.

Ah! Thank you. I may be back for you in subsequent studies! If you know any nursery managers I'd be grateful for anyone who could spread the word!

• Like 1

Hello - tis Friday again! Not only is it Friday it is 1st April - whoa how did that happen?!

We woke up to a 'winter wonderland' here this morning - all very pretty...

Are you all breaking up today - our schools are here, but I think our half-term break was earlier than some, so not sure really

There was a gentle knock at our door on Tuesday evening - our beautiful eldest granddaughter is home for Easter, lovely surprise we thought she wouldn't be home until next week - she is such a lovely, kind and thoughtful girl, she had 'tested' before coming here to keep her granddad safe

Knit and Natter was great fun yesterday, we are getting to the stage where we can begin to join the squares for our first blanket - I have to get on with edging them, have managed 168 so far - so another 60 or so to go

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

Ah we had a very light flurry yesterday afternoon, but nothing as yet today,   Quite chilly though.    8 year old granddaughter has chicken pox, quite badly bless her and as all the children were here at the weekend, I suppose it could have been a super spreader event!

Goodness, as I type the sleet has started😂

On 01/04/2022 at 11:23, Panders said:

Ah we had a very light flurry yesterday afternoon, but nothing as yet today,   Quite chilly though.    8 year old granddaughter has chicken pox, quite badly bless her and as all the children were here at the weekend, I suppose it could have been a super spreader event!

Goodness, as I type the sleet has started😂

Oh your poor granddaughter - hope she soon feels much better

• Like 1

Panders - hope you granddaughter recover soon.

We have a mix of sunny periods followed by snow - proper Aprils Fool's weather!

We finished today- but have used one week of Summer funding to cover this week, and will finish a week early in the summer. 😁

• Like 1

We have one more week, hoping we might actually get a full house again next week. Can’t remember the last time this happened, what with Covid and then a D&V bug doing the rounds. Good job we have a two week circuit breaker very soon!   Beautiful sunshine here, just a couple of flakes of snow/sleet this morning but it had finished before it had started. Buts it’s so chilly 🥶 Hope everyone is well and has a lovely weekend.

• Like 1

Hi all, have any you decided how you’re playing the new Covid guidance regards staff who are pos/suspected pos, are you asking them to stay off for the 5 ‘try to avoid’ days? Will this be on full pay? what if they say no?  

Tbh no one will be paying around £70 to find out via PCR and no one is supposed to be LFD testing so I’m thinking no one will know for sure so just follow SSP procedures 🤷‍♀️

On 01/04/2022 at 20:55, Mouseketeer said:

Hi all, have any you decided how you’re playing the new Covid guidance regards staff who are pos/suspected pos, are you asking them to stay off for the 5 ‘try to avoid’ days? Will this be on full pay? what if they say no?  

Tbh no one will be paying around £70 to find out via PCR and no one is supposed to be LFD testing so I’m thinking no one will know for sure so just follow SSP procedures 🤷‍♀️

Currently burying head in sand.........  for at least two weeks anyway!

• Haha 1

On 02/04/2022 at 13:25, louby loo said:

Currently burying head in sand.........  for at least two weeks anyway!

Sounds like a plan 👍 we have another week to go and our first staff member positive this week, perfectly ok but asked her to stay off until I’d formulated a plan and I still haven’t 🙈

On 02/04/2022 at 18:22, Mouseketeer said:

Sounds like a plan 👍 we have another week to go and our first staff member positive this week, perfectly ok but asked her to stay off until I’d formulated a plan and I still haven’t 🙈

At the moment we can still easily go with one staff member off at a time- what I am trying to do though is to get a 'bank' of 'things' that can be done at home - I'm having problems thinking what to put on the list though!  We have signed up with noodle now for online training so that should cover a fair few hours.

If you have another week to go- how many weeks do you have in your summer term, and when do you finish?  We have already done one week of our summer term as we could have had three weeks off. (We did go back early after Christmas though)