Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 08/02/2022 at 20:34, sunnyday said:

Ah thank you for asking, he is absolutely fine, no symptoms at all, only tested because there was a positive case at pre-school

That’s good news.

Just posting to say please can it be ‘this time tomorrow’ right now?

• Like 1

On 10/02/2022 at 19:36, sunnyday said:

Wish I could make that happen for you x

There are only 12 more school hours until half erm and then I can have a week of not desperately trying to staff difficult situations with already stretched teams knowing that I will be the definition of ‘you can’t please all of the people all of the time!’

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Happy Friday everyone 😁  It's been a long six weeks for us, but hoping we're on the home straight now!  Our numbers have shot up now after our January intake - but lots of little ones which can easily tip the ratio's over when you have staff off😩.   Not sure about everyone else but we have so many summer borns this year for both age groups (3-4 + 2-3). What's been happening to cause that 😳- and it not the lockdown as these are all pre-covid children!!

How are you both keeping sunnyday?   

Happy Friday and happy half-term (if you get one)

So thankful that we don't seem to have caught Covid from our lovely grandson - phew - and he is out of isolation now which is great

We have a four legged friend with us for a week - I think that I have talked about him before - he is a gorgeous, gorgeous chocolate lab and an absolute pleasure to care for

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2

On 11/02/2022 at 10:15, sunnyday said:

We were posting at the same time louby - thank you for asking, we seem to be in the clear

Yay,😁  It's just really weird how some seem to avoid it.  

I miss my holiday dog 🙁.   But I do get the joy of taking my cat to the vet this week for a nice expensive teeth clean!

• Like 1

On 11/02/2022 at 10:23, louby loo said:

Yay,😁  It's just really weird how some seem to avoid it.  

I miss my holiday dog 🙁.   But I do get the joy of taking my cat to the vet this week for a nice expensive teeth clean!

Oh - do you still have your visiting cat - I've forgotten his name...

On 11/02/2022 at 10:59, sunnyday said:

Oh - do you still have your visiting cat - I've forgotten his name...

Yes! Jimbob.  

He's just gone out after coming in a 7.30, sleeping then eating our cats food as well as a big bowl of his own... he's gone out because Andy has just gone next door to visit our elderly neighbour - so he will get more food (nicer!) there and spend the afternoon with her. He will then return here at 7-8pm, and wake us up around 3am to go out for the rest of the night.  He has a definite routine going on!

• Like 1

On 11/02/2022 at 11:27, louby loo said:

Yes! Jimbob.  

He's just gone out after coming in a 7.30, sleeping then eating our cats food as well as a big bowl of his own... he's gone out because Andy has just gone next door to visit our elderly neighbour - so he will get more food (nicer!) there and spend the afternoon with her. He will then return here at 7-8pm, and wake us up around 3am to go out for the rest of the night.  He has a definite routine going on!

Ah Jimbob - he is living his best life 😺

Well I have just been to the park with grandchildren - Nanny was egged on to come down the big slide ......... good job soft landing in the sand pit is all I'm going to say and thank goodness I wasn't holding one on my lap!  Although on reflection they could have acted as ballast and slowed me down🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/02/2022 at 13:55, Panders said:

Well I have just been to the park with grandchildren - Nanny was egged on to come down the big slide ......... good job soft landing in the sand pit is all I'm going to say and thank goodness I wasn't holding one on my lap!  Although on reflection they could have acted as ballast and slowed me down🤣

🤣🤣🤣

• Confused 1

On 11/02/2022 at 13:55, Panders said:

Ooh that has reminded me - many moons ago, we had a fund raising pancake race village event, yours truly made the front page of the local rag, I was halfway down a big slide with my pan and pancake - youngest son was about 13 at the time - he said "why can't you just be a normal mum" 🙃

• Haha 3

On 13/02/2022 at 18:11, sunnyday said:

Sheesh - breaking news - our lovely DIL has tested positive - did she get it from our grandson, her little boy, or from someone else 🤷‍♀️ bit of a worry as she is type 1 diabetic, she seems okay at the moment, just a sore throat...

Oh gosh Sunnyday. I hope she is ok. Xx

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 09:28, Cait said:

Oh my goodness!  Let’s hope these occurrences are getting milder now until it just becomes a strain of a common cold.   

I was hoping so - but she is feeling quite poorly...I am mainly concerned about her bloods, always a problem if she is unwell at all...would love to go and get the two little ones and bring them here, but obviously can't because of Mr S

We seem lurch from one difficult situation to the next 🤦‍♀️ still, nothing in the grand scheme of things

Anyway, I have a dog to walk before it rains 😀

• Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 14:33, sunnyday said:

Not liking the look of the weather forecasts - sending kind thoughts and good luck to zigzag and Mousie

Thank you, we are red alert now and as Dorset had advised all schools to close we followed suit and to be fair funding were quick to email out saying it was your choice but you will keep funding 👏 I will probably venture in and do a bit of catch up later though.

who else got out a day early for half term? 

stay safe everyone 🤞

• Like 3

On 17/02/2022 at 14:33, sunnyday said:

Not liking the look of the weather forecasts - sending kind thoughts and good luck to zigzag and Mousie

Well we were actually due to drive to Kent today! Have made the decision to postpone until tomorrow. It’s really starting to build here now and now that the southeast also have a red warning in place it just wasn’t worth the risk. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 3