Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Hanging in there. Have been working this morning but am feeling rubbish again right now - all shivery. Does anyone know if that follows the pattern of others they know. I’m finding it really hard to explain to my parents that I see to be fine one minute then totally rubbish the next!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Hanging in there. Have been working this morning but am feeling rubbish again right now - all shivery. Does anyone know if that follows the pattern of others they know. I’m finding it really hard to explain to my parents that I see to be fine one minute then totally rubbish the next!

I really think that why you should be resting, from experience of my son's Covid journey he was definitely 'up and down', he was confined to his bedroom in order to keep the rest of his family safe, so difficult to compare as he really had no choice but to rest...he still hasn't recovered his sense of smell and taste, but otherwise seems to be doing just fine now <touches wood>

Sending you lots of get well vibes xxx

Wonder how zigzag has got on with her jab...

I have been out for a very, very long walk and didn't see another living soul, most unusual for this lovely village...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Just make sure you keep resting.

I think all three of my staff said they felt worse 5-7 days in. They said they felt tired and achey the first few days- then when they expected to be getting better the sheer tiredness and headaches set in. They were all fine'ish after the 10 days and all returned to work ok though.

• Like 1

Ah thank you both, that's reassuring in a way.  I am resting too I promise but the school TDL doesn't go away and I am worried that I will start the term with a huge backlog if I don't get some things taken off it.  I usually like to get it all done in one chunk at the start of the holiday so that I can properly switch off.  I think I have pretty much resigned myself that isn't what will happen this year.  I have had two deliveries of presents today and my mum is popping round to drop off some groceries later.  Once that has happened I think I'll be able to switch off properly and fall asleep without worrying that I'm missing a knock at the door.

• Like 3

Rest, rest and more rest is what is needed.  Everyone seems to be saying that rest and sleep are essential. I really think you need to forget the TDL and give in to your bodies need for rest and recuperation. The TDL will always be there, your health is far more important. Please look after yourself. 

All boosted now🍾🥳  I had the Pfizer jab this time, previous two were Astra Zeneca. Fingers crossed for no reaction as am still feeling tight chested from whatever it was I caught at the end of term. But I am so grateful for all three jabs.  All shopping click and collected and raided the farm stall for vegetables, so what we haven’t got now, we haven’t got!  Just keeping everything crossed that Dad is having a good enough day that we can get him down to ours for part of Christmas Day. Won’t know until the actual morning, so plans could very well change last minute!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I really think that why you should be resting, from experience of my son's Covid journey he was definitely 'up and down', he was confined to his bedroom in order to keep the rest of his family safe, so difficult to compare as he really had no choice but to rest...he still hasn't recovered his sense of smell and taste, but otherwise seems to be doing just fine now <touches wood>

Sending you lots of get well vibes xxx

Wonder how zigzag has got on with her jab...

I have been out for a very, very long walk and didn't see another living soul, most unusual for this lovely village...

Do you know if your son is doing anything towards regaining sense of smell ?  There was a few minutes on this on the BBC morning show with a doctor - she was saying perhaps use scented oils or strong smelling herbs, spices, coffee to sniff and picture what these things look like and taste.  You shouldn't sniff deeply - right into the lungs  just lightly sniff for 20 mins morning and evening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012vkf/morning-live-series-3-21122021    about 7 mins in

Edited by Panders
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Panders said:

Do you know if your son is doing anything towards regaining sense of smell ?  There was a few minutes on this on the BBC morning show with a doctor - she was saying perhaps use scented oils or strong smelling herbs, spices, coffee to sniff and picture what these things look like and taste.  You shouldn't sniff deeply - right into the lungs  just lightly sniff for 20 mins morning and evening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012vkf/morning-live-series-3-21122021    about 7 mins in

Thank you - he did say "think I'm eating even more than usual just in the hope that I might be able to taste something" 🤦‍♀️😂

• Like 1

image.png

Just a quick message to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a restful and safe holidays.

I hope the above will not offend anyone but I saw it and thought it would be highly amusing if queenie did say this on the 25th....she would be voicing what we are all thinking 🤣🤣

Hopefully next year I will get to spend a bit more time on the forum with you lovely lot ❤️

Big hugs,

Sue 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SueFinanceManager said:

image.png

Just a quick message to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a restful and safe holidays.

I hope the above will not offend anyone but I saw it and thought it would be highly amusing if queenie did say this on the 25th....she would be voicing what we are all thinking 🤣🤣

Hopefully next year I will get to spend a bit more time on the forum with you lovely lot ❤️

Big hugs,

Sue 

Didn't offend me Sue - tis very accurate!

Big hugs to you too x

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

How are you today young froglet - when could you start testing to see if you can gain some freedom?

You read the news too?! I have just done an LFT. I’m ok - a little tight chested but that’s ‘normal for me at this time of year’. I never did have a temperature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

You read the news too?! I have just done an LFT. I’m ok - a little tight chested but that’s ‘normal for me at this time of year’. I never did have a temperature.

I do indeed read the news - multi-talented that's me 🤣 so were you clear on the LFT?

2 hours ago, Froglet said:

Ive not seen the news today! 

Plumber arrived to fix the temperamental boiler at 8, granddaughter arrived at nine. I've just sat down for a coffee- off to red the news now, it sounds like it good news for a change! 😁

• Like 2

I have been busy knitting hats for a homeless charity - had knitted about 7 inches of the necessary 9 inches - pushed the knitting down on the needle and the bleeping needle snapped in two 🤦‍♀️ the needles belonged to my late mum so wouldn't like to say how old they were - tried my absolute hardest to 'pick up' the stitches, but no such luck. Back to the start then 😂

Really didn't need input from Mr S - he said "some poor soul is going to be colder for longer now"

Edited by sunnyday
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

I know - I laughed too 🤣

Have started again on metal needles but I much prefer using plastic...

Have you tried bamboo?  They’re meant be good.  I’ve got a set but I’m afraid they make me shudder when I slide the stitches along. 
I prefer short needles, if there’s too many for my shorties then I go circular.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cait said:

Have you tried bamboo?  They’re meant be good.  I’ve got a set but I’m afraid they make me shudder when I slide the stitches along. 
I prefer short needles, if there’s too many for my shorties then I go circular.  

No I haven't tried bamboo...yes I prefer short needles too...have never tried circular, hmm perhaps I should...