Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

3 hours ago, Cait said:

Changing the subject totally, does anyone know of anywhere that’s really good for Mother of the Bride dresses?  Googling it is showing loads of things, but now that Dennebums is no more, I don’t know where to start!! 😱😬

Hard to say Cait - how far will you travel - 

https://www.victoriasbridalboutique.co.uk/

This is my god daughter's shop in Kent.   I can ask her for recommendations as to whether she knows of anything - she recently went to the Bridal Show in Harrogate (for professionals in the business).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cait said:

Changing the subject totally, does anyone know of anywhere that’s really good for Mother of the Bride dresses?  Googling it is showing loads of things, but now that Dennebums is no more, I don’t know where to start!! 😱😬

Any John Lewis store near you?   How about small independent shops?  We have fantastic little one by us- run by two sisters that really know their stuff, they make you try on things you're never think of usually with good results.  I call them Trinny and Suzanne.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I can't believe how mild the weather is - been out for a lovely walk, always say to Mr S "won't be long" - I am always ages, I really need to factor in the 'chatting time' 🤣

Me neither, I've just put a few lights up in my back garden - and we're going to have 'hot-chocolate on the terrace' in a little while :)  I usually put a few in the front garden- but it's only really dog walkers that go past anyway so they're out the back for us to enjoy now :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Panders said:

Hard to say Cait - how far will you travel - 

https://www.victoriasbridalboutique.co.uk/

This is my god daughter's shop in Kent.   I can ask her for recommendations as to whether she knows of anything - she recently went to the Bridal Show in Harrogate (for professionals in the business).

Apart from Phase 8, or  John Lewis, or talking to local bridal shops one of my god daughter's recommendations is this site

https://www.richard-designs.com/en/?s=Occasion+wear

but if you do order, order in good time as some fabrics come in from Asia

• Like 2

Well, my Friday is mixed. This morning I had my PCR results through confirming the positive LFT I did Wednesday. I have to isolate until Boxing Day. Because of that I’m feeling pretty sad. However, I have been overwhelmed by the offers of help from work and particularly touched because a colleague who lives in the same town as me but don’t work that closely with has just dropped some presents from school off and told me that she will be taking a walk past my house each day to check that I’m ok and that on Christmas Day she and her partner will be dropping off a bacon cob and some Bucks Fizz because they will not let me be on my own!

People are good!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Oh froglet, my heart goes out to you, I’m so sorry.  Glad you have got such lovely people around to check in on you.  I hope you are feeling ok. Don’t forget we are always here for you for a virtual chat and hug. 
much love xxx

Thank you.  I'm tired and have a tight chest but it's also the end of term and I have mild asthma so I don't think I feel much different to normal!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Well, my Friday is mixed. This morning I had my PCR results through confirming the positive LFT I did Wednesday. I have to isolate until Boxing Day. Because of that I’m feeling pretty sad. However, I have been overwhelmed by the offers of help from work and particularly touched because a colleague who lives in the same town as me but don’t work that closely with has just dropped some presents from school off and told me that she will be taking a walk past my house each day to check that I’m ok and that on Christmas Day she and her partner will be dropping off a bacon cob and some Bucks Fizz because they will not let me be on my own!

People are good!

Oh lovely, lovely young froglet what awful luck...always here for a chat...make sure that you rest xxx

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panders said:

Glad your colleague is keeping an eye on you.   Hope it doesn't get too bad.    Feel we should really have festive cocktails and nibbles  on here one evening just for you - if you are up to it.

Sounds lovely. I’ve also spoken to my sister who is making plans to deliver Christmas dinner!

• Like 5