Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

57 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I just need to say Aaagh! People! I can’t really explain but just sometimes the urge to give someone a slap is quite strong!

Now I’ve got that out I can go back to pretending to be a nice person. Hope you’re all ok.

Oh young froglet - sending supportive thoughts and a big hug x

• Like 1

Hi all - tis Friday again!

How is everyone getting on?

You can tell that I am retired - house is looking very Christmassy, cards have been sent (do still have a stack to hand deliver) but honestly if I had been working none of that would have happened

Have really missed doing Christmas activities with children this year - but hey I can't have it both ways

Hope that everyone has a good weekend - step away from TDLs if you can x

• Like 2

No chance of stepping away from the TDL, need to get it all done so can close down and switch off completely for the whole Christmas break!  We have had a fun week filled with glitter and lots of singing and dancing! 
Still lots of coughs and colds doing the rounds here, hope they all go before Christmas! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zigzag said:

No chance of stepping away from the TDL, need to get it all done so can close down and switch off completely for the whole Christmas break!  We have had a fun week filled with glitter and lots of singing and dancing! 
Still lots of coughs and colds doing the rounds here, hope they all go before Christmas! 

Point taken! How many more days now?

I have missed the glitter...

• Like 1

Just got back from a Christmas lunch - eaten far too much and that was only 2 courses - I would never have managed 3, huge portions.    Very busy place but in the centre of a very local village.   Lovely company of friends we have known for 40+ years so very comfortable :0)

• Like 4

Wishing you all a good run up week to end of term, personally cannot wait, so fed up with the excuses about why it’s ok their child has come in coughing, and now whooping cough has reared it’s head 😖

first ‘Xmas do’ last night and reinforced why I bloody hate don’t like secret Sana ….bah humbug! 

• Like 3

Hang in there everyone you can do it. I have one week left and am looking forward to finishing early before Christmas so that I can combine working on the school TDL and Christmas crafting before Christmas then relaxing after. A colleague I work closely with is almost certainly positive - hoping for PCR results back today which has me filled with dread in case I get contacted to isolate and it means I can’t do family Christmas. I know that’s borrowing trouble so I’m also trying not to think about it!

This weekend is an epic TDL plus finishing Christmas presents for people at school - I’m making a combination of crochet robins, jars of homemade fudge, cheese biscuits and general goodies. I like to make sure that all the behind the scenes people (office, kitchen, site manager) know they’re appreciated but this year I’m also doing things for my team as they’ve had such a hard term. It’s going to be a busy weekend!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

A colleague I work closely with is almost certainly positive - hoping for PCR results back today which has me filled with dread in case I get contacted to isolate and it means I can’t do family Christmas. I know that’s borrowing trouble so I’m also trying not to think about it!

Fingers crossed for you.🤞 xx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Froglet said:

Hang in there everyone you can do it. I have one week left and am looking forward to finishing early before Christmas so that I can combine working on the school TDL and Christmas crafting before Christmas then relaxing after. A colleague I work closely with is almost certainly positive - hoping for PCR results back today which has me filled with dread in case I get contacted to isolate and it means I can’t do family Christmas. I know that’s borrowing trouble so I’m also trying not to think about it!

This weekend is an epic TDL plus finishing Christmas presents for people at school - I’m making a combination of crochet robins, jars of homemade fudge, cheese biscuits and general goodies. I like to make sure that all the behind the scenes people (office, kitchen, site manager) know they’re appreciated but this year I’m also doing things for my team as they’ve had such a hard term. It’s going to be a busy weekend!

I have everything crossed for you young froglet and for your colleague 

How lovely you are to be making presents for all...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

Two days left for us now.  Just Monday morning, then party day Tuesday followed by our staff meal. 

I survived my Butlin's week,  whilst I didn't hate it - I don't think I'll rush back!   😂  

Ooh not too long for you louby

I have actually never been to Butlins...

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I have actually never been to Butlins...

This was my first time, and whilst I can see that some people may love it, it wasn't really for me.  

My almost 2 year old has developed such a love of horses (from her grandpa- certainly not her mother 😂) and  the sheer delight watching her with the with the fairground carousel ride, and  the little carved wooden horses there did make the trip worthwhile though.  She even managed to persuade the ride controller turn a blind-eye to her 2cm height restriction and let her go with an adult - when she got of her even said it had made his day watching how happy she was 😊

Grandpa's been told he's paying for riding lessons!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Please can someone send me some spare energy? I have been awake since 4.30am but am so sleepy and I have loads left to do. Plus if anyone feels like feeding me that would be very welcome - I have no idea what to cook!

I only I could x

• Like 1

Oh my life!

My accountant has just rung...after enquiring after my health he said "not ringing about your accounts, the Nursery where my wife works is desperately looking for a new manager and I just thought I would ask if you would be interested"

He has taken leave of his senses 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh my life!

My accountant has just rung...after enquiring after my health he said "not ringing about your accounts, the Nursery where my wife works is desperately looking for a new manager and I just thought I would ask if you would be interested"

🙀🙀🙀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Oh my life!

🤭😱🤦🏼‍♂️ I can just imagine how you answered him! 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 14:06, sunnyday said:

Hi all - tis Friday again!

How is everyone getting on?

You can tell that I am retired - house is looking very Christmassy, cards have been sent (do still have a stack to hand deliver) but honestly if I had been working none of that would have happened

Have really missed doing Christmas activities with children this year - but hey I can't have it both ways

Hope that everyone has a good weekend - step away from TDLs if you can x

Mine were worse in my first Christmas after retirement as I kept saying ‘ah there’s bags of time to do those yet’ rather than ‘crikey, let’s get those done and out of the way!’

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I was very polite...after I had stopped laughing!

I got sucked into it just after moving here!  I made the mistake of calling into our preschool to say I was qualified DBS etc if they needed someone at short notice, only to have my arm ripped off as their manager had left suddenly!  I helped out for a couple of terms, but my heart wasn’t in it as I wanted to be retired and free to be out and about with Zebedee! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cait said:

I got sucked into it just after moving here!  I made the mistake of calling into our preschool to say I was qualified DBS etc if they needed someone at short notice, only to have my arm ripped off as their manager had left suddenly!  I helped out for a couple of terms, but my heart wasn’t in it as I wanted to be retired and free to be out and about with Zebedee! 

Oh yes, I remember that!

I have been quite careful about getting myself sucked into anything - I am now part of the church cleaning team, but to be honest that's quite enjoyable. I had thought that I might like to volunteer at the school, but I won't be doing anything like that in 'Covid times'.

I am actually quite happy, for now, just pottering about, but knowing me that won't last, we will see, it's an absolute bugger that Covid has put paid to lots of things that I thought I might be doing, but my current mantra is 'it is what it is'...

• Like 4

Changing the subject totally, does anyone know of anywhere that’s really good for Mother of the Bride dresses?  Googling it is showing loads of things, but now that Dennebums is no more, I don’t know where to start!! 😱😬