Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

It really is! I spent yesterday getting up to date photos of the children sent to me and printing new labels etc, just doing that takes an age, then family photos then photos of their favourite pets!  Then new name labels printed and laminated. Sometimes it the smallest things that take up the most time. Back to school next week to finish everything, then time to forget about it completely🤣famous last words! 

And just when you think you’re on top of it all ….photos done, online journal accounts set up, key groups sorted, name labels made, registers done someone will phone and ask if they can change their days or someone who wanted a Jan start would now like September instead and you have to start over again 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

And just when you think you’re on top of it all ….photos done, online journal accounts set up, key groups sorted, name labels made, registers done someone will phone and ask if they can change their days or someone who wanted a Jan start would now like September instead and you have to start over again 🙈

that is so true - change days, start earlier / later, new child to add to register / key person list / name label etc., x

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

1 minute ago, blondie said:

that is so true - change days, start earlier / later, new child to add to register / key person list / name label etc., x

I feel your pain ladies 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 09/08/2021 at 16:54, louby loo said:

That's so nice that you rescued her rather than getting a puppy.  She's obviously living her best life now 😊

How long have you had her?   We have a rescue cat, she was around 2 when we got her- and I would say it took at least 4 years to be totally at ease with anyone other than us. We'd had her around two years before any of our friends actually saw her properly, I think they thought we were kidding them as we'd only ever had dogs before.

We got her in May 2019, just after her 8th birthday - breeding dogs are no use then as the pups can’t be KC registered, as I understand.   Bitch has to be 7 or under.  They’d had a last lot of pups off her and her teats were still quite big, so I think she’d only just finished weaning and the last pup sold, then she was of no use to them at all.   We got her through the vet who had treated one of the pups for a messy eye and my daughter, the practice manager, had mentioned that we were on the lookout for a nice Maltese.   They handed her over to her within a few weeks with a casual ‘she’ll eat anything’.   Apparently her name was ‘Daisy’ but she never answered to that.   She certainly answers to ‘Faye ‘.  

• Like 1

I spent yesterday wedding dress shopping with my daughter and her bride-to-be!   It’s going to be a fun wedding, and she knew the dress she wanted, but tried on a glorious satin gown that would have been so perfect for a formal wedding.  She did like it, but had no qualms about trumping it with her rainbow preference 😁😁

8CACC366-6687-4C9A-A904-47191C024DF7.jpeg

82EB62DF-5186-4BBD-BB9C-6C79EA870898.jpeg

Edited by Cait
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Panders said:

Very lovely Cait the rainbow one is very subtle.   How about her bride to be, has she chosen something on similar lines?

She’s going for something starry.   They’ve decided their theme is Stars and Rainbows. 

9760FE41-9745-43A7-A9E1-0B9EF6848F5A.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cait said:

I spent yesterday wedding dress shopping with my daughter and her bride-to-be!   It’s going to be a fun wedding, and she knew the dress she wanted, but tried on a glorious satin gown that would have been so perfect for a formal wedding.  She did like it, but had no qualms about trumping it with her rainbow preference 😁😁

she looks beautiful in both - good she had an idea of what she wanted before she went out.

2 hours ago, Cait said:

Wow, love the top dress she looks lovely. You I’ll have to share a photo of them both on the day in their dresses.

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Sadly, no he is not so well at the moment - he was very, very 'puffy' yesterday, I think he had overdone things, so a quiet day is in order today - thanks for asking x

Sorry to here that.  I'm no expert, and it may be just me but the air quality does sout doesn't seem to be the best at the moment which can't help. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I love both the chosen dresses- I like that they complement each other in both themes and fabric choices. 

Here the final choice for our new daughter-in-law!   They went to a place a bit like a build a bear workshop where you start with a basic dress and build on what you like, so this is just pinned and placed, but roughly how it’s going to be.   The stars are made from iridescent sequins.  

A771DF2D-4BB5-4BA0-A60C-0FA1382AA88D.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cait said:

Here the final choice for our new daughter-in-law!   They went to a place a bit like a build a bear workshop where you start with a basic dress and build on what you like, so this is just pinned and placed, but roughly how it’s going to be.   The stars are made from iridescent sequins.  

Build a wedding dress! Perfect - I hope that they both have a wonderful day and a long and happy future together

• Like 2

What a fab idea, build a wedding dress, love it.  I am currently obsessed with the say yes to the dress programme, just love it. Which is very weird as dresses and weddings and all that fuss is not my style.  When I got married I went by myself to Debenhams and bought the first dress I tried on and it was only £125!! If it had been my choice I would have got married in jeans! It literally boggles my mind seeing some of these extravagant weddings!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zigzag said:

What a fab idea, build a wedding dress, love it.  I am currently obsessed with the say yes to the dress programme, just love it. Which is very weird as dresses and weddings and all that fuss is not my style.  When I got married I went by myself to Debenhams and bought the first dress I tried on and it was only £125!! If it had been my choice I would have got married in jeans! It literally boggles my mind seeing some of these extravagant weddings!

I’m with you on this!  One I saw the other day there was a girl whose budget was 3-5,000 and she bought a dress that was 15,000!!   How can they justify spending that amount on a dress just for one day!   Our first home cost less than that!  her Dad just said, “well she’s my baby and if it makes her happy ….” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cait said:

I’m with you on this!  One I saw the other day there was a girl whose budget was 3-5,000 and she bought a dress that was 15,000!!   How can they justify spending that amount on a dress just for one day!   Our first home cost less than that!  her Dad just said, “well she’s my baby and if it makes her happy ….” 

Oh good I know! I just can’t justify that at all. Each to his own I know and a lot of people would be horrified by our wedding!  Registry office followed by a Chinese buffet at a restaurant and back to ours for nibbles in the evening! The whole lot, that includes everything cost a £1000. Just the closest family and friends and that was it, to me this was perfect!

• Like 3

On 15/08/2021 at 13:41, Cait said:

What a great idea that is , need to have more of these shops - sure the finished dress will be amazing. Hope the day goes well and they have a happy, healthy future together.

• Like 1

I steer away form reality type programmes as a rule, but I did get sucked into 'curvy brides' a week or so ago.  I couldn't believe the actual fit of the finished dress on the wedding day shots!!!     Admittedly I used to make wedding dresses so I can be picky- but I don't think the dress had been altered to personally fit the bride at all. 😳

23 hours ago, Cait said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I steer away form reality type programmes as a rule, but I did get sucked into 'curvy brides' a week or so ago.  I couldn't believe the actual fit of the finished dress on the wedding day shots!!!     Admittedly I used to make wedding dresses so I can be picky- but I don't think the dress had been altered to personally fit the bride at all. 😳

wow how clever are you!!

• Like 3

Good morning - tis Friday!

How is everyone getting on?

My time for the past two weeks has been taken up entirely by the needs of a certain four legged visitor...she is beautiful, but my word she is hard work, her latest 'crime' is digging 🤦‍♀️😂 I have lots of hole filling to do when she goes home (sometime tomorrow!)

Whispers - I really don't want to tempt fate - but I think Mr S is on the mend

• Like 6

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Great news about Mr S 😘😘

Thank you zigzag.

He is still using his nebuliser and taking both anti-biotics and steroids, but I think there is some improvement, just need to keep him 'quiet', he was told years ago at the hospital that he must keep his physical activity 'up', I tell him time and time again that that doesn't apply when he is 'poorly' but it tends to fall on deaf ears, so in the end I lose patience and ask him (when he is fighting for breath) "are you trying to give yourself a heart attack" 🤦‍♀️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1