Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 07/08/2021 at 11:40, sunnyday said:

Phew! We had a very good night with our dear little four-legged friend, she sleeps in a crate, put her to bed, covered the crate and didn't hear a peep from her, what a good girl!

Took her up into our little field this morning where she zoomed and zoomed just lovely, she is now fast asleep...

However, Mr S has had to nebulise this morning, hasn't used for months, I haven't mentioned this to him but I'm worrying that it might be due to having the dog in the house, hopefully not...

Happy Saturday all x

Oh my goodness!  Let’s hope not or it’s going to be a hard fortnight!  Are there any antihistamines he can take whilst you assess the likelihood?  
My daughter’s Lhasa is apparently hypoallergenic, and there must be other breeds out there, so it’s possible you might find one for keeps.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cait said:

Oh my goodness!  Let’s hope not or it’s going to be a hard fortnight!  Are there any antihistamines he can take whilst you assess the likelihood?  
My daughter’s Lhasa is apparently hypoallergenic, and there must be other breeds out there, so it’s possible you might find one for keeps.  

Thanks Cait - we have talked about it now and he is sure it's not connected to the little dog and 'just' another exacerbation - has a 'rescue pack' here, so has started a high dose of steroids...he said that he noticed it starting last Wednesday so at least 48 hours before she arrived 

Flippin' weather - it is lashing it down here - we are going to have a very, very soggy walk...

• Like 2

We thought that getting a dog would make us walk more, in fact we walk less now than we did before we got her!   She really doesn’t like walks and will dig her heels in just after we get outside the gate.  So we don’t take her out, and those odd walks we used to do before she arrived don’t happen any more as it seems odd to just go out for a walk and leave a dog at home!   I have one of those dog rucksacks that I wear on my front that she’ll sit in whilst we walk, but that’s a nuisance and seems a bit ridiculous.   
In her previous ownership she was a breeding dog and lived outside in a barn with no comforts or toys, and presumably no walks either. 

F1BE0C2A-DDA4-4829-802C-558F8314C21D.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cait said:

We thought that getting a dog would make us walk more, in fact we walk less now than we did before we got her!   She really doesn’t like walks and will dig her heels in just after we get outside the gate.  So we don’t take her out, and those odd walks we used to do before she arrived don’t happen any more as it seems odd to just go out for a walk and leave a dog at home!   I have one of those dog rucksacks that I wear on my front that she’ll sit in whilst we walk, but that’s a nuisance and seems a bit ridiculous.   
In her previous ownership she was a breeding dog and lived outside in a barn with no comforts or toys, and presumably no walks either. 

F1BE0C2A-DDA4-4829-802C-558F8314C21D.jpeg

Bless her - she is very, very sweet and she has landed on her feet in her new home with you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cait said:

That's so nice that you rescued her rather than getting a puppy.  She's obviously living her best life now 😊

How long have you had her?   We have a rescue cat, she was around 2 when we got her- and I would say it took at least 4 years to be totally at ease with anyone other than us. We'd had her around two years before any of our friends actually saw her properly, I think they thought we were kidding them as we'd only ever had dogs before.

• Like 1

Putting up backing paper is a real b**ch! Every year when I do it, I say next year I’m going to ask for help. I’ve just come back from doing one board and it left me at screaming point! The board is 18 foot in length so not easy🤯. Next year, I’m going to ask for help….🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

B****y Cool Milk keep sending me invoices for July - they can jog on, I entered my data as requested and it was accepted

I have sent them emails confirming that and have forwarded the confirmation email from NMRU, late last night I had had enough and sent an email that said

'Stop, just stop sending these invoices, I have told you numerous times that I have entered my data as required'

It would seem that getting cross had the required effect 🤦‍♀️ have had an email now apologising for their error!

In other news - how lovely to get some dry weather! 🌞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cool milk keep ringing me (well not anymore because I've blocked them!). We used to use them until they sent us a bill (well to the last owner!) charging something 96p a pint as they said we hadn't claimed!     We now use a local dairy. :) 

We have nowhere to put backing paper - so we don't have that problem ...... but the downside to that is we have no displays as such!!!

Sunny and warm here today!!

I'm a bit saddened today though, I took my car for it's service- pre-pandemic it used to have a nice lounge area with coffee/tea with china cups, cakes +biscuits (even tunnock wafers!) and a full range of branded drinks.  Now its hard tables and chairs and a single coffee machine!  

Fortunately I was a bit sceptical that they would remove this permanently using covid as their excuse..  It used to be my summer TDL focus time as an enforced focused 2-3 hours with no distractions (other than the coffee and cake!!!).  Today I just left car and went out for lunch instead 😁😁😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

B****y Cool Milk keep sending me invoices for July - they can jog on, I entered my data as requested and it was accepted

I have sent them emails confirming that and have forwarded the confirmation email from NMRU, late last night I had had enough and sent an email that said

'Stop, just stop sending these invoices, I have told you numerous times that I have entered my data as required'

It would seem that getting cross had the required effect 🤦‍♀️ have had an email now apologising for their error!

In other news - how lovely to get some dry weather! 🌞

That’s strange, I had an email a couple of days ago asking me to submit my July claim, I thought I’d already done it but did it again anyway 🤔 

we also have very little wall/ board space, floor to ceiling windows seemed a good idea at the time 🤨

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

That’s strange, I had an email a couple of days ago asking me to submit my July claim, I thought I’d already done it but did it again anyway 🤔 

Ooh - that is interesting - sounds like they have issues their end

• Like 1

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Cool milk keep ringing me (well not anymore because I've blocked them!). We used to use them until they sent us a bill (well to the last owner!) charging something 96p a pint as they said we hadn't claimed!     We now use a local dairy. :) 

We have nowhere to put backing paper - so we don't have that problem ...... but the downside to that is we have no displays as such!!!

Sunny and warm here today!!

I'm a bit saddened today though, I took my car for it's service- pre-pandemic it used to have a nice lounge area with coffee/tea with china cups, cakes +biscuits (even tunnock wafers!) and a full range of branded drinks.  Now its hard tables and chairs and a single coffee machine!  

Fortunately I was a bit sceptical that they would remove this permanently using covid as their excuse..  It used to be my summer TDL focus time as an enforced focused 2-3 hours with no distractions (other than the coffee and cake!!!).  Today I just left car and went out for lunch instead 😁😁😁

Sounds to me Louby loo that you don't exactly have a clapped out Ford Focus 🤣   Much more upmarket wheels to have been served such delicious little treats.

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Sounds to me Louby loo that you don't exactly have a clapped out Ford Focus 🤣   Much more upmarket wheels to have been served such delicious little treats.

Well me personally, for a good few years I had a clapped out 2004 Ford fiesta - my dad's old car 🤣

Andy's the one that likes a nice car, however I did treat myself a couple of years ago when the fiesta finally came to end of life.

• Like 1

While I was working I used a Fiesta everyday packed to the hilt sometimes especially around a certain time of the year, the boot was always full of garden playthings because we had no outdoor shed etc to store stuff.    My family all said I should really have had a Ford Transit van 😂

I still have a Fiesta which I love, a newer one, but is just right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Panders said:

While I was working I used a Fiesta everyday packed to the hilt sometimes especially around a certain time of the year, the boot was always full of garden playthings because we had no outdoor shed etc to store stuff.    My family all said I should really have had a Ford Transit van 😂

I still have a Fiesta which I love, a newer one, but is just right.

I've always had fiesta's since they first come out :) 

We used to trade up every few years ... and actually to be honest the only reason  my husband got his dream car was the fact I was in the ford garage at update time, and dared to look at a something a bit more upmarket than the fiesta- the salesman actually said 'oh that's a bit outside your price range'!!!!!!  A red mist came over me and I told him he'd just lost a sale and I was now going to get a XXXXXXX from elsewhere !!! 🤣   (I'm actually a very layback person and I think this was my only 'red-mist' moment in my whole life)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, louby loo said:

I've always had fiesta's since they first come out :) 

We used to trade up every few years ... and actually to be honest the only reason  my husband got his dream car was the fact I was in the ford garage at update time, and dared to look at a something a bit more upmarket than the fiesta- the salesman actually said 'oh that's a bit outside your price range'!!!!!!  A red mist came over me and I told him he'd just lost a sale and I was now going to get a XXXXXXX from elsewhere !!! 🤣   (I'm actually a very layback person and I think this was my only 'red-mist' moment in my whole life)

Salesmen are my pet hate! Sorry to anyone who has a family member who is one!😬 I am sure they are wonderful people outside of their job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, zigzag said:

Salesmen are my pet hate! Sorry to anyone who has a family member who is one!😬 I am sure they are wonderful people outside of their job!

Oh mine too...

A couple of years or so ago we went to buy a new bed, spent ages making our choice, went to the desk to place the order, all was going well until we got to the payment - salesman said "and now the painful bit" then looking at Mr S "well painful for you anyway"

Absolute flamin' cheek - truth be told I was paying for it

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh mine too...

A couple of years or so ago we went to buy a new bed, spent ages making our choice, went to the desk to place the order, all was going well until we got to the payment - salesman said "and now the painful bit" then looking at Mr S "well painful for you anyway"

Absolute flamin' cheek - truth be told I was paying for it

Think they must do CPD courses in how to be patronising and slimy!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Hard not to let the 'panic' set in at this point - I remember it well

Yes, I've had the panic visit to the hall this morning 🤣

We've been told all will be fine, and we have until 11th Sept to fully sort our new storage (we go back 1st) but I feel out of control 😩

• Like 3

Happy Friday!  I am having a day of crochet - am about halfway through a cardigan which seems to be working so far!  I was at a lovely wedding last night although it was someone from school which meant that my school TDL has leapt to the forefront of my mind and I am experiencing a little of that panic feeling too.  Especially as I have registered that I am away for the final week of the holidays so actually only have one week at home left.  That's a lot of jobs to do and people to catch up with in a short space of time!  I think I need to get a notepad out and start some planning...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Hard not to let the 'panic' set in at this point - I remember it well

It really is! I spent yesterday getting up to date photos of the children sent to me and printing new labels etc, just doing that takes an age, then family photos then photos of their favourite pets!  Then new name labels printed and laminated. Sometimes it the smallest things that take up the most time. Back to school next week to finish everything, then time to forget about it completely🤣famous last words! 

• Like 2