Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Good morning - tis Friday!

Raining here (again) really need it to be dry today - have a couple of guys coming to put a new roof on Mr S's workshop - guess I will be on tea making duty

Think I might make a start on my accounts today - deep joy

Do you remember that gorgeous, beautiful puppy that I introduced you to a while back - she is coming to stay with us for the next two weeks - whoop! Not sure if she is arriving tonight or tomorrow, but whenever I can't wait

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zigzag said:

You lot are making me twitchy! I iron everything!

Me too - I confess to a deep satisfaction at seeing smoothness come out of wrinkles!

Well, I was feeling jealous so in a spirit of solidarity I set my freezer to defrost overnight so I must finish that job today. I have various undone jobs around the house and I have totally failed to do anything on my school TDL since Monday and I can’t decide whether to just write the week off for school stuff (I refuse to do schoolwork at the weekend during holidays) and spend the day being cosy and domestic. What do you think?!

Sunnyday, enjoy your puppy time and tea making and I hope your accounts don’t take too long. I have grey skies and rain here too and while I don’t want to wish summer away it does make me dream of blackberry and apple crumble and I feel like I have an excuse for festive sock knitting!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zigzag said:

You lot are making me twitchy! I iron everything!

13 hours ago, sunnyday said:

🤣so do I

One day you will wake up and have a light bulb moment and ask yourself why?

Trust me one you let it go it's like some kind of sense of freedom!  

I used to iron everything- and I mean EVERYTHING! Now I just iron actually needs ironing rather than all of it. The folding straightaway is the key though- never just pile it in a laundry chair  basket if you do that then it will all need ironing 🤣  

NOTE: Ironing actually shortens the life of items too - I can go into the science but I'm not going to. 🙂

• Like 3

I've just cleared my big sewing table to take on the dreaded accounts- so solidarity with Sunnyday !

Froglet - embrace the wrinkles - no seriously 'hand iron' (flatten out with hand whilst fresh off line/dryer.  Having said that I do iron sheets- but they have to be washed ironed and returned to bed the same day.

Not sure if I've mentioned this but we lost our rent-a-dog/holiday dog back in spring 😪 I used to love having him here for the holidays and really miss him. Although we do still have the random big cat that decided to move in.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cait said:

Ridiculously hot in her kitchen in summer though.  She has no other oven except a small microwave in the utility room, so it’s on all year round.  

I thought - hmm that's a bit random - then I remembered the Aga conversation! 🤦‍♀️🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

I've just cleared my big sewing table to take on the dreaded accounts- so solidarity with Sunnyday !

Froglet - embrace the wrinkles - no seriously 'hand iron' (flatten out with hand whilst fresh off line/dryer.  Having said that I do iron sheets- but they have to be washed ironed and returned to bed the same day.

Not sure if I've mentioned this but we lost our rent-a-dog/holiday dog back in spring 😪 I used to love having him here for the holidays and really miss him. Although we do still have the random big cat that decided to move in.

Well...I haven't actually started my accounts - keep getting sidetracked

That's so sad about your holiday dog louby

16 hours ago, sunnyday said:

🤣so do I

I have an iron but haven't used it for years. As long as washing is taken out of machine as it finishes and put on line / airer then da dah. My thoughts are once you have been wearing it for a minute it is a bit creased and bedding is the same - why waste time?? My sister now longer irons after listening to me and now my neighbour - hey maybe I will put sales of irons way down.🤣🤣

• Like 2

Ok I took the washing off the line, it’s been incredibly windy here today and I have one of those long washing lines the length of my garden, it looked good, I folded and I have hung up in the wardrobe! I’m now sat here twitching 🤯🤯🙄 What have I turned into?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Ok I took the washing off the line, it’s been incredibly windy here today and I have one of those long washing lines the length of my garden, it looked good, I folded and I have hung up in the wardrobe! I’m now sat here twitching 🤯🤯🙄 What have I turned into?

Nooooooo - you have gone over to the dark side 😂

• Haha 1

The woofer is here!

All good so far - I have just given her her dinner and she ate it all, that has to be a good sign, she knows us and the house well as we have had her for short stays before, she is currently playing with a washing dosing ball that she has stolen from my washing basket...

This will be a bit of a test - I have always said that I would get a dog when I retired - wonder if I will still want to in 14 days time 🤣

• Like 1

On 03/08/2021 at 18:14, Panders said:

On the topic of oven cleaning - I have a self-cleaning oven, the only bits I have to do are the shelves and the door - and I still moan 😂.   Now the dishwasher is playing silly beggars, so I am hand washing and giving it a break- see that helps  😆

YAY!  having had its little break, Dishy the dishwasher is working🤣  i doubt it will last for a long time though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

There is something particularly lovely about tidying up and discovering a box of chocolates that you’d forgotten about! Guess what I’m doing…

Totally the best feeling!

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

Well done 🖐️

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

This will be a bit of a test - I have always said that I would get a dog when I retired - wonder if I will still want to in 14 days time 🤣

I shall watch this space!    I have always had dogs until I lost my last one around 15 years ago, I really want one!

1 hour ago, Panders said:

YAY!  having had its little break, Dishy the dishwasher is working🤣  i doubt it will last for a long time though

Use it every other day ? 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I shall watch this space!    I have always had dogs until I lost my last one around 15 years ago, I really want one!

We lost our beautiful dog twenty years ago she was only nine, it was so totally heart -breaking that I vowed never again, but then youngest son and family got their chocolate lab and I just loved having him whenever they went on holiday and that was when I started to think well maybe when I retire...

• Like 2

my friend and neighbour has been a puppy walker for the RNIB for years.   She has had so many labrador or retriever puppies, it must be hard to say goodbye to them after a year but she continues to do it.  She gets updates and keeps in touch with their eventual owners.   I think she could even have one back if she wanted to after it has been "retired".

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Panders said:

my friend and neighbour has been a puppy walker for the RNIB for years.   She has had so many labrador or retriever puppies, it must be hard to say goodbye to them after a year but she continues to do it.  She gets updates and keeps in touch with their eventual owners.   I think she could even have one back if she wanted to after it has been "retired".

That is an amazing thing to do

Just wanted you all to know that I have been carrying out extensive research whilst reading this thread. The following diagram summarises my findings. (The mathematicians among you may need to close your eyes - this is in jest!)

B1DBFE9A-A3FC-4670-8759-40D36A61ED19.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Just wanted you all to know that I have been carrying out extensive research whilst reading this thread. The following diagram summarises my findings. (The mathematicians among you may need to close your eyes - this is in jest!)

B1DBFE9A-A3FC-4670-8759-40D36A61ED19.jpeg

Love it!!!!!!

• Like 2

Phew! We had a very good night with our dear little four-legged friend, she sleeps in a crate, put her to bed, covered the crate and didn't hear a peep from her, what a good girl!

Took her up into our little field this morning where she zoomed and zoomed just lovely, she is now fast asleep...

However, Mr S has had to nebulise this morning, hasn't used for months, I haven't mentioned this to him but I'm worrying that it might be due to having the dog in the house, hopefully not...

Happy Saturday all x

• Sad 3