Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I actually bought three copies of DM but refuse to buy anymore! I will scribble the changes on it myself. Honestly they have had a whole year to sort this out, to then let people purchase or print them and then make changes. Makes me so mad.😡 (But not surprised at all!)

Tomorrow is going to be miserable weather so I am going to chain myself to the chair until I come up with a plan and understand just what we need to do or not do in September 🤯 What a shame we can’t all get together over cake and coffee to brain storm. Think we would have fun!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I actually bought three copies of DM but refuse to buy anymore! I will scribble the changes on it myself. Honestly they have had a whole year to sort this out, to then let people purchase or print them and then make changes. Makes me so mad.😡 (But not surprised at all!)

Tomorrow is going to be miserable weather so I am going to chain myself to the chair until I come up with a plan and understand just what we need to do or not do in September 🤯 What a shame we can’t all get together over cake and coffee to brain storm. Think we would have fun!

Didn't we used to get copies of such things sent to each setting? I thought we did 🤷‍♀️

Cake/coffee/brain storming excellent idea zigzag - but I wonder how long it was take to stray off topic - bet there would be plenty of laughs though 😂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Didn't we used to get copies of such things sent to each setting? I thought we did 🤷‍♀️

Cake/coffee/brain storming excellent idea zigzag - but I wonder how long it was take to stray off topic - bet there would be plenty of laughs though 😂

That was in the oldern days 🤣 

It is a shame the chat rooms don’t exist anymore 😞 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

That really was a long time ago!  Remember when they also sent all the funding forms as well instead of making us print them!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

That really was a long time ago!  Remember when they also sent all the funding forms as well instead of making us print them!

…and when they wanted posters displayed for parents they’d send them….all that coloured ink 🙈

At least we have a grasp of ‘past & present’ when it comes to that part of our curriculums 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a student I was given my own copy of the national numeracy and literacy strategies and whatever the early years one was at the time (pink folder).  Can you imagine giving all the students their own copy of that type of document.  I know that the internet was less then but still.  I have them in my spare room and really ought to throw them out but they feel like historic documents now!

• Like 2

I have a couple of questions

1. Has zigzag chained herself to a chair yet (bet she hasn't, I expect she is out on one of her fabulous dog walks

2. Would Cait, Panders and I be invited for the coffee/cake/brain storm party,  I acknowledge we are retired folk but surely our wealth of experience would count for something? 😝

3. What sort of cake?

Edited by sunnyday
Forgot to ask about the cake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Froglet said:

As a student I was given my own copy of the national numeracy and literacy strategies and whatever the early years one was at the time (pink folder).  Can you imagine giving all the students their own copy of that type of document.  I know that the internet was less then but still.  I have them in my spare room and really ought to throw them out but they feel like historic documents now!

Birth to 5?

9 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

1. Has zigzag chained herself to a chair yet (bet she hasn't, I expect she is out on one of her fabulous dog walks

2. Would Cait, Panders and I be invited for the coffee/cake/brain storm party,  I acknowledge we are retired folk but surely our wealth of experience would count for something? 😝

3. What sort of cake?

I can bring cake.   This week I’m planning to make carrot cake with rhubarb and a tray of flapjack.  I can also be persuaded to make a coffee and walnut cake and my super moist chocolate cake.   Depends how many mouths we are feeding, Sunnyday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cait said:

I can bring cake.   This week I’m planning to make carrot cake with rhubarb and a tray of flapjack.  I can also be persuaded to make a coffee and walnut cake and my super moist chocolate cake.   Depends how many mouths we are feeding, Sunnyday. 

Hold fire Cait - we don't know if we are invited yet 😂 my vote would be coffee and walnut please!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

3. What sort of cake?

Answers.

1. Probably not although I might have to chain myself to a chair today to stop avoiding the TDL.

2. What about me?  I'm not even early years technically and can't claim any experience or wealth but I don't want to miss a party.

3. Well Cait's suggestions are all perfect - if we're not invited I suggest we have an alternative party and make sure she's invited.

11 minutes ago, Cait said:

Birth to 5?

I don't think so - I'm fairly sure it had footprints in.

PS  Cait - your rhubarb made me think of rhubarb and orange cake, I haven't made one yet this year and it's heavenly!

• Like 1

Well I just want to put it put it our there that I've just cleaned my cooker!!!! I say cooker as it's gas hobs and they take a lot of cleaning! I did open the oven door- but I think it's self cleaning and the shelves look ok. (Love sticking them in oven pride).   I checked the freezer and that seems fine- although the one in the garage  does have one sticky draw- so maybe that need attention.

I really want to know how the development matters can go from about 75 pages of printer friendly 'ish' document - into an 128 fully colour document!!  Can I just work with the 75pg one does anyone know. Even that one spreads the wording out to be honest - I'm sure if it was in work you could easily get it down to 40 pages 😬

Anyone else got a fit bit?   It seem I have climbed 28 flights of stairs already today- which is amazing as I actually live in a bungalow and the only thing I've done today is clean the cooker top. (yesterday I managed 136 flights)  This is a new issue as normally it registers zero unless I do actually do stairs!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well I just want to put it put it our there that I've just cleaned my cooker!!!! I say cooker as it's gas hobs and they take a lot of cleaning! I did open the oven door- but I think it's self cleaning and the shelves look ok. (Love sticking them in oven pride).   I checked the freezer and that seems fine- although the one in the garage  does have one sticky draw- so maybe that need attention.

I really want to know how the development matters can go from about 75 pages of printer friendly 'ish' document - into an 128 fully colour document!!  Can I just work with the 75pg one does anyone know. Even that one spreads the wording out to be honest - I'm sure if it was in work you could easily get it down to 40 pages 😬

Anyone else got a fit bit?   It seem I have climbed 28 flights of stairs already today- which is amazing as I actually live in a bungalow and the only thing I've done today is clean the cooker top. (yesterday I managed 136 flights)  This is a new issue as normally it registers zero unless I do actually do stairs!

Well done on all fronts louby!

Oh my actual goodness 128 full coloured- I would rather purchase copies I think

Haven't got a 'fitbit' - think I might quite like one...

I have been 'out' - whoop! Only to Waitrose, just wanted a few things that Sainbos seem to be having trouble with...anyway, very good to see that most people (me included) are still wearing masks

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Well done on all fronts louby!

Oh my actual goodness 128 full coloured- I would rather purchase copies I think

Haven't got a 'fitbit' - think I might quite like one...

I have been 'out' - whoop! Only to Waitrose, just wanted a few things that Sainbos seem to be having trouble with...anyway, very good to see that most people (me included) are still wearing masks

I got annoyed when the postage was almost as much as the document! 

I have a pretty good printer, and it's not tooo bad on inks. so I might just print off.  Once I know what we'll use for definite I will buy a few copies for staff though.

I have just fallen down the Amazon books rabbit hole though 😩      Has anyone seen/used this book- just wondering if it's suitable for preschool ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Get-Them-Talking-Writing/dp/1408163926/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=get+them+talking+get+them+writing&qid=1628161155&s=books&sr=1-3

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

3. What sort of cake?

1. No! Have been for a unfabulous wet dog walk! And visited Mum and Dad. (Made a promise to defrost both their freezers tomorrow) Still psyching myself up but have now got distracted by the olympics!

2. It wouldn’t be the same without you all and I would expect your attendance!

3. Any sort of cake, I’m not fussy at all. All cake is good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zigzag said:

1. No! Have been for a unfabulous wet dog walk! And visited Mum and Dad. (Made a promise to defrost both their freezers tomorrow) Still psyching myself up but have now got distracted by the olympics!

2. It wouldn’t be the same without you all and I would expect your attendance!

3. Any sort of cake, I’m not fussy at all. All cake is good. 

1. Oh blow has the rain got to you already - still fine here currently and needs to stay that way at least until my washing has dried!

2. Phew!

3. Agreed all cake is good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking dodgy here now, just got all the [dry] washing in.

Had a quick play with new toy which I stumbled across whilst looking for a printed copy of EYFS (as you do) 🤣 A sort on mini upright cordless hoover/dustbuster in one. (obviously some of a lower age range may not know what a dustbuster is!🙀🤣)

I'm thinking of making welsh cakes as my contribution. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Looking dodgy here now, just got all the [dry] washing in.

Had a quick play with new toy which I stumbled across whilst looking for a printed copy of EYFS (as you do) 🤣 A sort on mini upright cordless hoover/dustbuster in one. (obviously some of a lower age range may not know what a dustbuster is!🙀🤣)

I'm thinking of making welsh cakes as my contribution. 

Dustbuster - no never heard of that - only joking 😂 

Welsh cakes sound good

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Still sitting cuddled up with the dog watching the diving!  Cannot believe the composure and pure brilliance of the 14 year old Chinese girl who won gold! 

How lovely

Washing is in and I am about to iron it - this is the 'new me' I have decided to iron things as they come in - no bunging it all in a basket - wonder how long that will last 🤷‍♀️

Have been for a walk - it is actually very warm/humid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh my life - just had a phone call from Mr S's last remaining auntie (92) she said, laughing "thanks for offering to pay me some money" - I was completely lost...it transpires that I had rung her instead of my accountant and left a message on her answerphone instead of theirs 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Washing is in and I am about to iron it - this is the 'new me' I have decided to iron things as they come in - no bunging it all in a basket - wonder how long that will last 🤷‍♀️

I decided about 20 years ago never to iron again at all - and I haven't !

• Like 1

My masks are practically the only thing I iron these days, and that’s to make sure they’re properly sterile.  It helps that my mini travel iron and pad are permanently set up in the sewing room.  If I had to scrabble with getting an ironing board and ‘the big iron’ out, it would be more of a fight.  

• Like 1

So all I managed to achieve was to watch the ABCdoes webinar about the new EYFS and I think I may have dropped off for a snooze during it! (Sorry Alistair😬). I’ve come to the conclusion, rightly or wrongly, I’m not sure which, that I am overthinking the whole thing.  So no real progress made and still haven’t a scooby doo about what or how I am going to do in September. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cait said:

are permanently set up in the sewing room.  If I had to scrabble with getting an ironing board and ‘the big iron’ out, it would be more of a fight.  

Yes, I'm lucky on the front too.   I've now become an 'iron before you wear' if it needs it person.  Everything get carefully folded/hung up as it comes in off the line- it's actually surprising how much can be 'hand' ironed  if folded neatly enough straight from line/dryer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zigzag said:

So all I managed to achieve was to watch the ABCdoes webinar about the new EYFS and I think I may have dropped off for a snooze during it! (Sorry Alistair😬). I’ve come to the conclusion, rightly or wrongly, I’m not sure which, that I am overthinking the whole thing.  So no real progress made and still haven’t a scooby doo about what or how I am going to do in September. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

I've pretty much said the same thing on the other thread. I'm just continuing as before really- but I do think in need some knowledge incase Ofsted question me!🤣

• Like 1