Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Yes it really is great.  A girl came off the A19 in her car down an embankment and the car really wasn’t visible from the road at all.  The W3W app really saved her life.  

• Like 3

On 01/08/2021 at 10:25, louby loo said:

Neither have I ....🤷‍♀️   🤣

At our last inspection 2017 (I think- under our old ownership)  Our inspector was so lovely- and sound like if we had her again now things would be perfect. She was so impressed with our staff knowledge and never asked for any paperwork, she even said we were just wasting time on our daily set-up/planning sheet!

If I knew all inspectors were like her I'd feel 100% confident going forward in September, however unfortunately we all know this isn't the case :(  I can't even find the inspectors name now (to see if she's still active in our area) as our old reports have gone and I never kept a copy 😩 (Every bit of old paperwork was boxed up and given back to old owner in complete hissy fit of disgust at the time!)

could you try on ofsted site?

14 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I think I have found were it might be - however it involves me getting up from sofa to find our old number  🤣

🤣 louby you do make me laugh - just bung your settings postcode in and you should find it easily

13 minutes ago, louby loo said:

suitably chastised ..... I made the effort and found it!  Off to google the inspector now 🤣

Yay! Well done louby - now if that wasn't an item on your summer TDL add it quickly and then you can cross it off 😝

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Yay! Well done louby - now if that wasn't an item on your summer TDL add it quickly and then you can cross it off 😝

I've actually done nothing all day 🙀 I put some washing out around 8am when it was sunny, had a two hour nap.... then brought the washing in as it was dry. That's it for the day 😳  Well I have added then  crossed one item off TDL 🤣🤣

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I've actually done nothing all day 🙀 I put some washing out around 8am when it was sunny, had a two hour nap.... then brought the washing in as it was dry. That's it for the day 😳  Well I have added then  crossed one item off TDL 🤣🤣

That's all good!

I was having a lovely and busy time out in the garden this morning - this was interrupted firstly by my shopping delivery and then by a phone call from my sister - then the heavens opened :( 

Fed up with this weather - I only live for the summer - have never seen the point in winter at all 😂

Have prepped a nice dinner - lamb steaks, runner beans, carrots, yellow courgettes (ours) and potatoes (ours) - but that's the sum total of my efforts for the day!

Haven't even managed a walk yet - maybe later 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

That's all good!

I was having a lovely and busy time out in the garden this morning - this was interrupted firstly by my shopping delivery and then by a phone call from my sister - then the heavens opened :( 

Fed up with this weather - I only live for the summer - have never seen the point in winter at all 😂

Have prepped a nice dinner - lamb steaks, runner beans, carrots, yellow courgettes (ours) and potatoes (ours) - but that's the sum total of my efforts for the day!

Haven't even managed a walk yet - maybe later 🤷‍♀️

We've actually not had any rain today!    Very grim though since lunchtime but no rain for a change.

7 minutes ago, louby loo said:

We've actually not had any rain today!    Very grim though since lunchtime but no rain for a change.

Mr S has been out fishing today something like ten miles from here and no rain there at all 🤷‍♀️

It absolutely chucked it down here...

Well, I found my awake state by yesterday and had a really productive day - 6 hours on school stuff but with a walk and some ironing and cooking a proper meal too. It did rain briefly here - just after I’d finished 15 minutes in the garden! I have promised myself to do 15 minutes each day to try and restore some order out there - I am not a gardener. I had planned another school day today (I’d really like to clear the must do TDL this week) but to be honest I got up a little later than planned and really don’t feel like it. I’m just going to relax and maybe do some crafty stuff as I haven’t touched the knitting needles or crochet hook for weeks!

• Like 2

Early dog walk to give the dog a swim at the beach this morning, oven cleaned, which was long overdue! Mowed the grass, did some weeding and dead heading and now just waiting for my bread to come out of the oven. Then off to cut my parents grass and get Dad out for a little fresh air in his wheelchair. Hopefully some more painting of my Perrybox items later. Have a great afternoon. 

Edited by zigzag
Can’t spell to save my life🤣
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

Early dog walk to give the dog a swim at the beach this morning, oven cleaned, which was long overdue! Mowed the grass, did some weeding and dead heading and now just waiting for my bread to come out of the oven. Then off to cut my parents grass and get Dad out for a little fresh air in his wheelchair. Hopefully some more painting of my Perrybox items later. Have a great afternoon. 

Well I'm tired just reading that!

Your dog walk sounds so lovely...

On the topic of oven cleaning - I have a self-cleaning oven, the only bits I have to do are the shelves and the door - and I still moan 😂.   Now the dishwasher is playing silly beggars, so I am hand washing and giving it a break- see that helps  😆

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Just defrosted the freezer!  Another item ticked off the TDL.

I've never defrosted my freezer... 😳 ... am I supposed to?  Looks ok to me, and if I did defrost it I would have to deal with the stuff that went in there around 2015...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm actually having trouble focusing on anything at the moment.  I seem to do an hour of 'things' at a time - and therefore not actually finishing anything 😩

That said- I have updated all our policies and procedures for September!

I bought the new ones from PSLA (£8.50)  but I think they only last a year for any updates now. 😬 

Louby, I have to defrost my freezer fairly regularly or the drawers in it won’t close smoothly but it’s worth it as I rely on it so much.

As for the concentration difficulties - yep, me too! I can do it when I have a problem with a definite end point (give me a complicated spreadsheet any day) and I did ok with sorting papers the other day where what I was looking kept changing but other things… I am training myself to read again at the moment by making myself read with no interruptions for half an hour - it’s finally started working today and I’ve been lost in a book for the first time in months. For other stuff I am doing 15 minutes at a time and it’s possible to see progress even with that little. Hang in there - you can do it!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I've never defrosted my freezer... 😳 ... am I supposed to?  Looks ok to me, and if I did defrost it I would have to deal with the stuff that went in there around 2015...

Perhaps yours is self-defrosting or frost free or whatever the correct expression is 

33 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I'm actually having trouble focusing on anything at the moment.  I seem to do an hour of 'things' at a time - and therefore not actually finishing anything 😩

That said- I have updated all our policies and procedures for September!

I bought the new ones from PSLA (£8.50)  but I think they only last a year for any updates now. 😬 

Updating policies is really good louby

11 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Perhaps yours is self-defrosting or frost free or whatever the correct expression is 

11 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Possibly. It's one with the double fridge on top and two big draws at the bottom.  

Done some much overdue weeding in the veg garden and moved the tomatoes that I had outside into my brand new shiny greenhouse!  Can’t seem to keep on top of the weeds this year! The veg garden has never looked so neglected!  I now seem to be doing any jobs to avoid sitting down and trying to get my head around the new EYFS. The more snippets I read everywhere the more confused I am getting!  (Sunnyday I envy you not having to worry about it anymore!)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I now seem to be doing any jobs to avoid sitting down and trying to get my head around the new EYFS. The more snippets I read everywhere the more confused I am getting!  (Sunnyday I envy you not having to worry about it anymore!)

I think that's my issue too!   (I also blame the Fitbit - which tells me I haven't moved.... and that seems a good excuse to stop researching new framework!)

So nice to see they've revised the draft copy of DM....... added lots of pretty colours and pictures- just what you need when printing off (why, just why?) 😩

I started with updating the policies - but I bit of a waste really as they are not actually mentioned much in the new PSLA policies anyway.

• Like 1