Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Here we are then another Friday!

Last day of term for some, maybe, we finish on Tuesday so not quite there yet...

We have been very busy sorting 'stuff' and cleaning (don't want the new owner to say I left things in a mess!) - why is it that whenever I move something to clean the children are suddenly attracted to it 🤷‍♀️ all things that are on permanent offer 😂

Not great news on a personal front - it looks like eldest granddaughter, 19, has Covid, waiting for confirmation from a PCR, she is quite poorly despite having had her first jab, please hold her in your thoughts...

On a brighter note - summer seems to have arrived at long last

Have a lovely weekend all x

Sending positive vibes for your granddaughter x

We finished today. YAY!   Totally shattered. We got through the term without Ofsted 😭.... really wanted it out of the way- now it's just another thing the think about over the summer 😩

We are having major work down in our scout hall including us getting new storage, which, unfortunately means we have to clear out our old!  Ive brought so much home to sort here that my conservatory (which is a fair size) looks like a jumble sale 😭. Andy never says a word as I walk past with more boxes and bags- but I know  he's wondering just how long it going to be like this 🤣

• Like 1

I remember those looks Louby loo.    Long suffering husbands😄

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter Sunnyday, do let us know how she gets on in the next few days.  Our youngest granddaughter in A&E this morning with croup again.   Obviously with her underlying health problems chest and throat infections are to be expected, but just a few weeks respite for her adoring parents would be good, when I asked my son what he would like for his birthday this coming Tuesday he just said "sleep".

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Best Wishes from me too, hoping your granddaughter has a speedy recovery (whether she is positive or not), there are definitely more nasty bugs around again and have just been reading about the increase in Norovirus rearing it’s head early 🤦‍♀️

Thanks Mousie - she has had two positive Lateral Flow Tests - just waiting on results of PCR

• Sad 1

Oh goodness, what a mess it all is!   I’ve just got Zebedee back from hospital!  He’d had his first chemo and was recovering well, or so we thought, when WHAM! Wednesday morning at 4am he was gasping with pain.  Actual ten out of ten pain, which he never has.  Ambulance called and he was rushed off.  Diverticulitis, and he was lucky to escape surgery!  That would have been a nightmare without any immunity thanks to the chemo.   He was pumped full of antibiotics and steroids and is now home again, but now another delay in the chemo.

Some good news though, our daughter and her girlfriend have set the date!  August 2022!   Let’s hope all the chemo is fine and he’s bouncing again by then.  

Praying for your granddaughters.  🙏🏼

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cait said:

Oh goodness, what a mess it all is!   I’ve just got Zebedee back from hospital!  He’d had his first chemo and was recovering well, or so we thought, when WHAM! Wednesday morning at 4am he was gasping with pain.  Actual ten out of ten pain, which he never has.  Ambulance called and he was rushed off.  Diverticulitis, and he was lucky to escape surgery!  That would have been a nightmare without any immunity thanks to the chemo.   He was pumped full of antibiotics and steroids and is now home again, but now another delay in the chemo.

Some good news though, our daughter and her girlfriend have set the date!  August 2022!   Let’s hope all the chemo is fine and he’s bouncing again by then.  

Praying for your granddaughters.  🙏🏼

Oh my goodness Cait, what a worry for you...holding Zebedee in my thoughts and prayers xxx

Oh dear Cait, quite a worrying time for Zebedee and you.   I hadn't realised he was having chemo so that was a bit of a shocker, but diverticulitis is so very painful, I sincerely hope the treatments are working.

Good luck to your daughter and girlfriend, make sure you let us all know how the day goes when it's time.

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Oh dear Cait, quite a worrying time for Zebedee and you.   I hadn't realised he was having chemo so that was a bit of a shocker, but diverticulitis is so very painful, I sincerely hope the treatments are working.

Good luck to your daughter and girlfriend, make sure you let us all know how the day goes when it's time.

Absolutely!  
He has metastatic prostate cancer which has spread into all his bones.  Luckily there’s no spine compression but he had a very painful few months before diagnosis.  

Edited by Cait

I am currently in "Venice" (via a webcam :)    There will be a huge firework display at sundown and will get rather a good view - lots of small motor boats and yachts collect together around St. Marks Basin to watch.  Safest form of transport atm to visit foreign lands 😂

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/veneto/venezia/riva-schiavoni.html

if anyone else is interested!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Just a wee update on my granddaughter

The good news is - she is feeling much better

The bad news is - still no PCR result

That's good news :) 

Sounds a bit like my staff member last week. Daughter positive on the lateral flow - she had a bad cold sore/throat (suffers with tonsillitis anyway) does the PCR, fthis gets 'lost' in the system.... constant chasing up, finally turns up and the result was negative! 

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

That's good news :) 

Sounds a bit like my staff member last week. Daughter positive on the lateral flow - she had a bad cold sore/throat (suffers with tonsillitis anyway) does the PCR, fthis gets 'lost' in the system.... constant chasing up, finally turns up and the result was negative! 

So frustrating her mum, dad and younger sister are all obviously unable to go to work, school...really need that result to come through, oh and of course she is confined to her bedroom

oh blimey...look at you lot i leave you for a couple of days and you are all falling apart 😱 Hope everyone is feeling better....sending lots of covid free kisses 😷Last day for the children tomorrow....bouncy castles going to be a bit hot !!!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

oh blimey...look at you lot i leave you for a couple of days and you are all falling apart 😱 Hope everyone is feeling better....sending lots of covid free kisses 😷Last day for the children tomorrow....bouncy castles going to be a bit hot !!!

How did it go FM, we are supposed to be finishing with a short sports day for our leavers but now it’s stupid hot I’m not sure that can go ahead…if Covid didn’t get us by the end of term the heat will 🤦‍♀️

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Granddaughter has finally got her PCR result - positive - but she is feeling better so not all bad news

Hope she continues to improve and very quickly 🤞

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Granddaughter has finally got her PCR result - positive - but she is feeling better so not all bad news

That sounds a relief for everyone, I bet.   I hope she continues to improve and that nobody else goes down too! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cait said:

That sounds a relief for everyone, I bet.   I hope she continues to improve and that nobody else goes down too! 

Thank you Cait - she is confined to her bedroom! Son and Daughter-in-Law are both double jabbed (no guarantee I know) so mainly worried about her younger sister, but then me worrying won't change anything!

56 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Thank you Cait - she is confined to her bedroom! Son and Daughter-in-Law are both double jabbed (no guarantee I know) so mainly worried about her younger sister, but then me worrying won't change anything!

But you cannot help worrying though can you.  Hope she continues to feel better quickly and everyone else remains safe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

How did it go FM, we are supposed to be finishing with a short sports day for our leavers but now it’s stupid hot I’m not sure that can go ahead…if Covid didn’t get us by the end of term the heat will 🤦‍♀️

It was Very hot but mixed inside and outside lots of water and lollies! Plus an extended water fight!! It was really quite lovely not having to deal with the parents!🙀

Sending get well vibes to everyone XX

• Like 1
  • Haha 2