Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

we thought the children were being weird because of transitions.....nope they were all ill! unfortunately one of my little SEN ones has a pit of pica and constantly licks his fingers...he came down with it last week....not saying it was him but.......

Oh goodness, just what you need!  Ours have all had coughs and colds and some of them have been quite tetchy with it. 
My husband was sent home from work yesterday to isolate as one of the people he worked with (in close contact) tested positive for Covid. So we are keeping fingers crossed that he will remain ok.  

5 hours ago, zigzag said:

Oh goodness, just what you need!  Ours have all had coughs and colds and some of them have been quite tetchy with it. 
My husband was sent home from work yesterday to isolate as one of the people he worked with (in close contact) tested positive for Covid. So we are keeping fingers crossed that he will remain ok.  

Oh zigzag - sending all good wishes to your husband and I have everything crossed that he is ok, has he been jabbed?

I have been watching the situation in your county and thinking of you...

So here we are again with another Friday

We have had a good week up to today then we were told that a year group is out at our primary school - immediate thought was 'oh here we go again', closely followed by 'have we got any siblings in that year' - we haven't thank goodness (child who has 'burst the bubble' is not unwell, apart from cold like symptoms) 

Would have been good to get to the end of term without Covid rearing it's ugly head again - but it is what it is 🤷‍♀️

Looks to me that our Gov are looking to get all adults jabbed and then throw caution to the wind and open up across the board - hmmm - not sure that's a good idea at all...but I'm probably being selfish as I am quite happy with the level of freedom as it is now, as long as I can see my family I can wait a bit longer for holidays, theatre and whatever else...

Anyway, hope everyone is okay and that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh zigzag - sending all good wishes to your husband and I have everything crossed that he is ok, has he been jabbed?

I have been watching the situation in your county and thinking of you...

Yes he has had both jabs so fingers crossed.  It’s absolutely everywhere down here. The county was inundated at half term and then for the G7 as well. Goodness knows what it’s going to be like over the six weeks summer holiday.

• Sad 1

It seems like utter madness to me that anyone wants to go away on holiday just yet.   With numbers rising the way they are - and the North East and Cumbria numbers are all on the increase too, why would anybody want to holiday here from an area with lower numbers?  Cornwall is a perfect case in point.  
I had contact with my sponsored child in Thailand yesterday, and she said it’s horrendous there.  They don’t trust their vaccines at all, to the extent that she’d rather be poorly with Covid and make her own immunity!   She said that her leader’s methodology is ridiculous and wishes she had a leader as sensible as ours!  😳😳

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Looks to me that our Gov are looking to get all adults jabbed and then throw caution to the wind and open up across the board - hmmm - not sure that's a good idea at all...but I'm probably being selfish as I am quite happy with the level of freedom as it is now, as long as I can see my family I can wait a bit longer for holidays, theatre and whatever else...

That pretty much explains how I feel, if I'm honest I actually like this new was of life (current restrictions) as it seem to promote a less stressful way of living. I find I don't need to go shopping for things I previously thought I needed!!  It all seems a much simpler.

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Yes he has had both jabs so fingers crossed.  It’s absolutely everywhere down here. The county was inundated at half term and then for the G7 as well. Goodness knows what it’s going to be like over the six weeks summer holiday.

Very worrying for you down there. Hope your husband remains well.  My cousin lives in Falmouth so we've been following developments, we were hoping to visit her next month with the fast growing up 'baby', but we'll be leaving it a bit longer now I think. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cait said:

It seems like utter madness to me that anyone wants to go away on holiday just yet.   With numbers rising the way they are - and the North East and Cumbria numbers are all on the increase too, why would anybody want to holiday here from an area with lower numbers?  Cornwall is a perfect case in point.  
I had contact with my sponsored child in Thailand yesterday, and she said it’s horrendous there.  They don’t trust their vaccines at all, to the extent that she’d rather be poorly with Covid and make her own immunity!   She said that her leader’s methodology is ridiculous and wishes she had a leader as sensible as ours!  😳😳

Oh Cait - that poor child...

(Just trying to get my head around anyone thinking Boris and sensible could possibly appear in the same sentence 😂)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

oks to me that our Gov are looking to get all adults jabbed and then throw caution to the wind and open up across the board - hmmm - not sure that's a good idea at all...but I'm probably being selfish as I am quite happy with the level of freedom as it is now, as long as I can see my family I can wait a bit longer for holidays, theatre and whatever else...

Oh I agree a million, zillion per cent. We recently had our first family meal (outdoor restaurant) since Christmas 2019 it was just awesome to have us  all together. ! I am thrilled i can see my sons/other halves and grandchildren. I have no desire to go on holiday anywhere !

• Like 2

On 25/06/2021 at 16:08, sunnyday said:

Oh Cait - that poor child...

(Just trying to get my head around anyone thinking Boris and sensible could possibly appear in the same sentence 😂)

That was my thought too, but there are protests there against their leader now and everything is getting very nasty apparently.   She says that we are really lucky to live in a democracy.   

My other child in Ethiopia is surrounded pretty much, now.   They don’t have access to very much at all, and I just hope and pray that the team from Compassion UK are able to stay there safely to support them through all this.    Such a worry.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Cait said:

That was my thought too, but there are protests there against their leader now and everything is getting very nasty apparently.   She says that we are really lucky to live in a democracy.   

We certainly are, much as this Government drives me to despair...we don't know that we are born really

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Just a wee update - the little boy that 'burst the year bubble' at primary school had tested positive on LFT - he went on to a negative PCR - phew - as we were then!

I just want to get through the next three weeks!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

We have schools all around us affected now, we have a couple of children off isolating due to our closest secondary school siblings testing positive 🥺

So sorry to read this Mousie, take care x

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cait said:

It’s such a worry all over again!  I bet you’re all going in to work wondering if this is the day that you’ll be breaking up for the summer! 

Or in my case - breaking up forever ☹️ no, perish the thought, that must not happen...

As I'm sure you can imagine I am busy sorting out paperwork before the 'handover' - I came across a letter from County dated 11th Feb 2020

Dear Early Years and Childcare Providers

There are now eight confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the UK and understandably, there is some concern among local communities...

Followed up by advice - my goodness 'eight cases' - that was shortly before the brown stuff hit the fan - we were all closed by 20th March

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Cait said:

It’s such a worry all over again!  I bet you’re all going in to work wondering if this is the day that you’ll be breaking up for the summer! 

Yep! Staff member sent home for testing yesterday, sent home, tested, neg result in less than 12 hours!

On 29/06/2021 at 18:50, louby loo said:

Such a worry :(

Friday again, and I swear this year is more stressful than last years 'shall we/ shan't we'  reopen in June!

This morning I had one staff member going into isolation due to her daughter testing positive after (well before really I suppose) going for a 32 baby scan- such a worry for the family.

We only have two weeks left now, and I really want to be able to do our concert for the parents- this cohort's families have missed out on so much, and we wanted at least for them to leave on a high. :(

On the plus side we celebrated my granddaughters 'half birthday' yesterday with a lovely miniature train ride, a woodland fairy walk and a picnic, it was sunny first the first time in ages and we had a wonderful day 😊.  

• Like 4

As louby says it is Friday again!

louby - what a worry for your staff member I will keep everything crossed for her

Pretty good week for us, has been nice to have two days with decent weather...

I am so enjoying both the tennis and the football...

Really hope the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Pretty good week for us, has been nice to have two days with decent weather...

I just had to laugh then the newsreader said 'is this the end to the good weather for a while'.  🤣 TWO days with no rain!......still only cloudy/sunny- not full on blue skies!  (and it was the local not national news)

Edited by louby loo

Well I've just got home from looking after 18 month old granddaughter.  Mummy said -" would you do some painting with her"?.    😱🤪  Oh, it started off so well, hair wash tonight for her then!    At one point I think she thought she was applying sun cream and spread it up her arm, then probably because of the look on my face, she clamped her hands to her face and then through her hair.  Cleaned up what I could quickly with a wet wipe and then she popped a small bit of paint on the tip of her nose and I laughed and said - Mr. Tumble - she gave a hearty laugh and then kept on doing it!  Lots of lovely splat and smoosh pictures though - made it worthwhile and a stunner of a picture - bit like the Prince Louis one with him holding up painty hands.    🐼💗

• Like 2

Well my husband had a negative PCR yesterday and isolation is finishing tomorrow, so back to work for him next week! I have my second jab tomorrow so will be delighted to get that. A good week for us, we have one family isolating and all the children have stinking colds (hopefully nothing more sinister!) can’t believe it’s only three weeks left! Really better get myself end of term organised!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Well I've just got home from looking after 18 month old granddaughter.  Mummy said -" would you do some painting with her"?.    😱🤪  Oh, it started off so well, hair wash tonight for her then!    At one point I think she thought she was applying sun cream and spread it up her arm, then probably because of the look on my face, she clamped her hands to her face and then through her hair.  Cleaned up what I could quickly with a wet wipe and then she popped a small bit of paint on the tip of her nose and I laughed and said - Mr. Tumble - she gave a hearty laugh and then kept on doing it!  Lots of lovely splat and smoosh pictures though - made it worthwhile and a stunner of a picture - bit like the Prince Louis one with him holding up painty hands.    🐼💗

Magic moments and memories made today...

25 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Well my husband had a negative PCR yesterday and isolation is finishing tomorrow, so back to work for him next week! I have my second jab tomorrow so will be delighted to get that. A good week for us, we have one family isolating and all the children have stinking colds (hopefully nothing more sinister!) can’t believe it’s only three weeks left! Really better get myself end of term organised!

Good news for your husband, good luck to you for your jab tomorrow...

Still watching your county and thinking of you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

I just had to laugh then the newsreader said 'is this the end to the good weather for a while'.  🤣 TWO days with no rain!......still only cloudy/sunny- not full on blue skies!  (and it was the local not national news)

This rain situation is really getting beyond a joke now ☹️ I have a garden full of petunias (petunias really don't like rain)

we have lost a lot of blossom over the last month or so, Rhododendrons over in a flash really, froth of May lasted a day or two, purple geraniums all but gone, California Lilac doing its best.  Ours isn't really a summer garden, it could be, but we have been rather negligent in that department.  Have a few pots of lillies to flower yet, and half a dozen roses in the front, but I'm not a big fan of roses😱