Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Another Friday rolls past. 🙀

Been a good week, apart from the highly strung staff incident.🤣

My daughter is getting her jab today 😁.   

Feeling sorry/worried for all the teachers to young for the jab going into work next week with all the children unmasked and hugging.😟

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Feeling sorry/worried for all the teachers to young for the jab going into work next week with all the children unmasked and hugging.😟

Me too louby  🥺 is the kissing/hugging thing really necessary yet? 
I wonder if there will be any changes to Monday’s plans with the rise in the Indian variant? 

Has anyone been invited to take part in the antibody test? I did it last night and being 8 weeks post 1st vaccine it showed no antibodies present ......I know it says it’s not 100% accurate but now wishing I hasn’t done it 🙁 

56 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Has anyone been invited to take part in the antibody test? I did it last night and being 8 weeks post 1st vaccine it showed no antibodies present ......I know it says it’s not 100% accurate but now wishing I hasn’t done it 🙁 

I did last summer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, louby loo said:

Another Friday rolls past. 🙀

Been a good week, apart from the highly strung staff incident.🤣

My daughter is getting her jab today 😁.   

Why oh why are they pressing ahead with the no masks, I really can't follow the thinking there

Great news for your daughter!

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Me too louby  🥺 is the kissing/hugging thing really necessary yet? 
I wonder if there will be any changes to Monday’s plans with the rise in the Indian variant? 

Oh crikey Mousie that's not good, looks like your second jab will be brought forward now according to tonights briefing which is good news

• Like 1

In my opinion people are becoming too complacent and I actually find it quite scary.  So many of my families are going out and about to tourist attractions and each other’s houses and I find it really worrying. I admit I am really quite anxious about getting back to normal. I find it baffling that they are getting rid of certain protective measures when the Indian variant seems a cause for concern.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Strangely, I was reading a TV magazine in The Daily Mail this morning, there was a small article about Sister Monica Joan from Call The Midwife, the actress, Judy Parfitt says "  There was a panic when a doctor found that I had no antibodies after my two Covid vaccines.  Nobody could explain it and everyone was getting worried about me filming.  Then I saw the Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Jonathan Van-Tam on TV and decided to send him an e mail.  He responded, saying  "doctors had tested for the wrong antibody protein - sure enough, they found that I did have them.

Could it be possible? Could the same have happened to you?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Panders said:

16 minutes ago, Cait said:

My sister and her husband did the antibody test and were negative too! 

I was already convinced I’d been given a placebo anyway when practically everyone I knew was some kind of unwell and I didn’t even have an arm ache 🤔 

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Strangely, I was reading a TV magazine in The Daily Mail this morning, there was a small article about Sister Monica Joan from Call The Midwife, the actress, Judy Parfitt says "  There was a panic when a doctor found that I had no antibodies after my two Covid vaccines.  Nobody could explain it and everyone was getting worried about me filming.  Then I saw the Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Jonathan Van-Tam on TV and decided to send him an e mail.  He responded, saying  "doctors had tested for the wrong antibody protein - sure enough, they found that I did have them.

That sounds quite reassuring - I would take JVT's word for anything - very much my favourite expert

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I was already convinced I’d been given a placebo anyway when practically everyone I knew was some kind of unwell and I didn’t even have an arm ache 🤔 

Was it the ONS antibody test Mousie?

Well, I fell asleep on the sofa at 8.15pm last night, woke up and went to bed at 10pm. Got up at 7am. Fell asleep at 10.30am for 2 hours. I think I was tired!

I need to go and rescue the washing off the line and attempt some maths planning. I’m not hugely motivated to do either right now!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

This is/was me!  I was convinced I'd had a dud.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Well, I fell asleep on the sofa at 8.15pm last night, woke up and went to bed at 10pm. Got up at 7am. Fell asleep at 10.30am for 2 hours. I think I was tired!

I need to go and rescue the washing off the line and attempt some maths planning. I’m not hugely motivated to do either right now!

Obviously needed it 😊

I've played the okey-cokey with some washing this morning 🤣  My top had a tomato stain on it and I was determined  the sunlight was going to work its magic on it!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zigzag said:

So many of my families are going out and about to tourist attractions 

Pretty sure a fair few our families that returned after Christmas have been doing this throughout 😟 (well not tourist attractions- but playdates with each other etc)... and at one point our LA was one of the highest in the south.

4 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Pretty sure a fair few our families that returned after Christmas have been doing this throughout 😟 (well not tourist attractions- but playdates with each other etc)... and at one point our LA was one of the highest in the south.

I know some of ours have - adults forget that children will tell their teachers anything they think is fun news. Sometimes it’s a wobbly tooth, sometimes it’s My mummy is 43 today. Sometimes it’s a play date in the middle of a lockdown.

PS washing is still on the line...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I know some of ours have - adults forget that children will tell their teachers anything they think is fun news. Sometimes it’s a wobbly tooth, sometimes it’s My mummy is 43 today. Sometimes it’s a play date in the middle of a lockdown.

PS washing is still on the line...

So true.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, louby loo said:

My top had a tomato stain on it and I was determined  the sunlight was going to work its magic on it!!

I think this needs more explanation frankly- how did the stain get on it in the first place for instance?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Exactly !

Naughty of us I know...... but we LOVED talking hair cuts during lockdown - that was interesting!

Edited by louby loo

59 minutes ago, Panders said:

I think this needs more explanation frankly- how did the stain get on it in the first place for instance?

Does that really need explanation or am I the only person who wears full PPE to eat anything with a tomato based sauce?! 😉😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Froglet said:

Does that really need explanation or am I the only person who wears full PPE to eat anything with a tomato based sauce?! 😉😂

Ahh.... that looks like a top-tip for future tomato sauce based mealtimes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yet another week gone by...

The children are so very LOUD this term!  Behaviour on the whole good- just very very loud.

I've worked three days - my new normal 😁

I've had my 2nd jab.   No real reaction, although I bit uncomfortable at night as I lay on my side, and my cat lays on the other shoulder!!! - so a no win situation🤣

• Like 1

Oh gosh our group are very loud as well Louby.  It was very noisy today in the room but everyone was engaged and happy but it just sounded chaotic!  We have had awful weather and are despairing of summer ever beginning. We managed a twenty minute run around today but the wind was just too strong for the little ones to be out comfortably. No shelter whatsoever in our playground.  Glad it’s Friday, I feel my mojo is fading fast at the moment!  One more week to half term and I really am not sorry.

• Like 1

Hi all - another Friday!

I agree with the very noisy children same here and of course these strong winds always lead to fairly feral children!

Mr S and I are going out to dinner - whoop! whoop! It's been a long time (will we even remember how to behave)

Happy weekend all (try not to get blown away)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sunnyday said:

Hi all - another Friday!

I agree with the very noisy children same here and of course these strong winds always lead to fairly feral children!

Mr S and I are going out to dinner - whoop! whoop! It's been a long time (will we even remember how to behave)

Happy weekend all (try not to get blown away)

Enjoy your dinner Sunnyday. Xx

• Like 1

Whoop! Not only is it Friday...it is half-term (usual apologies to those that don't get a break)

Good week here phew! Wonderful to have some dry weather at long last

Mrs S and I are off to a huge Garden Show on Sunday and to a barbecue later that day - loving this feeling of 'normality' - long may it last

Hope everyone is okay and all good wishes for the weekend

• Like 4