Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

12 hours ago, louby loo said:

I'm feeling the need to knit some socks now. I'm better at crotchet than knitting though, but I am thinking if I tried a strippy pair at least I could make sure they are both the same size (think the heel would need to one colour though 🤣)

If I do try- I wouldn't decide who they are for until finished- that way I can match the socks to the correct sized person!

Go for it! I was a crocheter too then decided to have a go at socks last summer. I love it. I can recommend a great pattern/tutorial to follow if you want?

On 15/04/2021 at 18:43, sunnyday said:

I don't like it Sue (the change that it is), we all know that I have far too much to say for myself, we don't need it confirming 🤣

Can I ask is it just sunnyday that is not a fan?
To explain, this squished view with the details box at the top of the page is present when a thread goes over 3 pages on the new version of the forum and as this thread exceeds that 🤣 hence the new view.
I have spoken to the devs and it can be turned off and we can revert to the previous view but before I do that anyone else got an opinion?
Sue

44 minutes ago, Sue said:

To explain, this squished view with the details box at the top of the page is present when a thread goes over 3 pages on the new version of the forum and as this thread exceeds that 🤣 hence the new view.
I have spoken to the devs and it can be turned off and we can revert to the previous view but before I do that anyone else got an opinion?
Sue

Well.... I'm not a lover of change, but I'll get over it 😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I’m back! I have missed you. My LA sadly didn’t renew and I was suddenly locked out😢 Thank you to Sue for getting me sorted and enabling me to use my username under my Tapestry account.

Yay! Good to have you back where you belong!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I’m back! I have missed you. My LA sadly didn’t renew and I was suddenly locked out😢 Thank you to Sue for getting me sorted and enabling me to use my username under my Tapestry account.

Oh my goodness Zigzag, I cant imagine life here without you, so glad you were able to sign up afterall.   Not sure why counties are not renewing, Kent didn't a while back.   They used to ask me if I used the forum and obviously said I did and why, but perhaps many did not, and to be honest, Kent didn't really sell it to us Managers  in the first place, I just became curious one evening, strangely enough the same day as Sunnyday did!  I'm just going to put it out there that Kent were not keen on the Kentish community discussing their management style - maybe that's why they didn't renew.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 19/04/2021 at 13:42, Sue said:

Sue

Not a fan here either I’m afraid Sue, not liking the banner much either if I’m honest 🙈

welcome back zigzag 👏 my county didn’t stay long, but I’m sure many people use the FB groups now for discussions, which is a real shame 😕

I agree.  The header banner is a bit ‘meh’.   
As I use an iPad in portrait, I don’t have that side bit, so that’s not a problem for me.  I can’t see it at all unless I switch to landscape - then the keyboard takes up half the screen! 

• Like 2

Happy Friday everyone! 🙂.  

Lovely and sunny here- and I'm off on a picnic with a whole crowd of 6!  Other than work - it's the biggest group I've done for over a year. 🙀

Hope you all have good weekend.

Note: I thought the top banner thing was just my Mac not liking the whatever programme used to add something nice looking!!!!😳

• Like 1

Dad and I celebrated our birthday today! It’s a birthday we never thought we would share again, so was extra special.  Had the most amazing cake made for us by the clever lady who works with me, the attention to detail was fabulous. It also tasted delicious!  My two lovely sons also bought me a swing seat and covered it in solar fairy lights, which was such a surprise.

9006D457-7FAF-43DF-9E27-7E74A9D45004.jpeg

9DD4B84D-213F-4B69-8137-3D48378A3C8B.jpeg

E5C31A50-31B9-40DD-B9D1-9CD35C494E19.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sue said:

Yes I took the comments to the developers and they are too scared of sunnyday so back to normal 🤣

So they should be I am very, very scary, especially when I draw myself up to my full height of 5 foot nothing!😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Not Friday - but I just have to share - I have just completed my last ever 'headcount' yay!

No idea why I find that such a stressful task but I do, anyway that's it my last one submitted - as long as my balancing payment comes through as expected, I am done with that 😃

• Like 5