Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

25 minutes ago, Froglet said:

My mum has three or maybe 4. She has her ‘normal’ one and possibly the one she had when I was little then she inherited machines from her mum and her aunt - beautiful antique singers with the winding handle.

I have my late mums Singer with a 'winding handle'

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Froglet said:

My mum has three or maybe 4. She has her ‘normal’ one and possibly the one she had when I was little then she inherited machines from her mum and her aunt - beautiful antique singers with the winding handle.

Similarly I have a few as well, including a couple which belong to my daughter, left here whilst she sorted out her own craft room, then found herself enjoying papercraft more than sewing.  I have my own and my Mum’s, my very first handle turned Singer and another one as well, which I can’t remember how I’ve come to store with mine .........   whoever it belongs to - maybe little Sis, will let me know in due course I expect.   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh goodness - have just noticed all the new info on the left hand side of this page...

Not showing on my iPad.  I know they were doing something big on 8th as there was a warning banner at the top of the page.   

2 hours ago, Cait said:

Not showing on my iPad.  I know they were doing something big on 8th as there was a warning banner at the top of the page.   

I have info about posters in the thread on the right on my iPad and a smaller thread screen, and speech bubble things at the top (do you think we can we change the way it looks?).

Edited by Mouseketeer

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

I have info about posters in the thread on the right on my iPad and a smaller thread screen, and speech bubble things at the top (do you think we can we change the way it looks?).

Who knows!

Quite took me by surprise (also shows that I have far too much to say for myself🤣)

• Haha 1

Well I can see that myself and Sunday spend a lot of time posting 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have 'bubbles' at the top too.... but for a brief while it went back to the old picture.

I also have a big  grey circle on the likes/love bit of peoples posts 😳

(I may have said before - but I don't do change easily !!! 🤣)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Well I can see that myself and Sunday spend a lot of time posting 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have 'bubbles' at the top too.... but for a brief while it went back to the old picture.

I also have a big  grey circle on the likes/love bit of peoples posts 😳

(I may have said before - but I don't do change easily !!! 🤣)

Nor me and it seems like a waste of practically the whole right side of my iPad screen in landscape mode (and I don’t like having to hold it in portrait 🙈 )

30 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Has anyone else found it’s only this thread affected by the split screen thing going on? 

I think it might be all of the 'lounge' threads - I had a look at 'funny things children say' and it seems to be the same🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sue said:

Hiya
I will ask the devs what this weirdness is all about lol
Hold the line please lol

Sue x

I don't like it Sue (the change that it is), we all know that I have far too much to say for myself, we don't need it confirming 🤣

I'm feeling the need to knit some socks now. I'm better at crotchet than knitting though, but I am thinking if I tried a strippy pair at least I could make sure they are both the same size (think the heel would need to one colour though 🤣)

If I do try- I wouldn't decide who they are for until finished- that way I can match the socks to the correct sized person!

• Like 1