Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Busy week here as usual. Rent reviews🤪Trustees meeting😊Lots of good stuff with the children😊and a few behaviour issues😬 we finish at the end of this week and are hoping to get some of the building painted ....although the quote has just come through and it's rather more than i expected!!!! We have 4 keyworker children to return after Easter and 5 new starters....don't actually now how we are going to do that but i guess we will cope. Found out this week that we have 10% of our counties children with EHCP's for ASD ! wondered why we felt so busy😅 

I hate the period after Easter the attitude from the parents and children, when they get their school places tends to change and for a few weeks they get so disrespectful . I've already had to start the "you are not going to school for ages" conversations...why do people feel that they have to tell children of this age things SO early !

anyway moan over the suns out ive got dogs to walk and things to plant ...so for today all is good! xxxx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

I hate the period after Easter the attitude from the parents and children, when they get their school places tends to change and for a few weeks they get so disrespectful . I've already had to start the "you are not going to school for ages" conversations...why do people feel that they have to tell children of this age things SO early !

Oh why do they do that? It is ages away, so confusing for the children...oh and I so wish that I could persuade parents to drop the 'big' school expression, call it primary school please

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh why do they do that? It is ages away, so confusing for the children...oh and I so wish that I could persuade parents to drop the 'big' school expression, call it primary school please

I also loath the term ‘big’ school...in their little minds what is this ‘big’ place they’re going to, just say ‘reception class’ if they have to say anything, it’s only across the flipping playground 🤨

• Like 2

I can remember having a conversation with a new member of staff at around this time of year. “How am I going to cope?” She cried, “saying goodby to all these children in summertime.  I don’t know how you do it, year after year, I think it’s going to break my heart!”  Me ‘Oh, come July, you’ll be pleased to say goodbye to most of them, believe me!’   
July comes round, and she admits I was right!   The attitude of the parents really rubs off on the children.  They just seem to view that last term as marking time until the real stuff begins!  So belittling to everything we’ve done. 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's me done now, back 15th April (as long as LA give me my funding)

Last ever Easter Egg Hunt for me - I thought I might feel a bit sad about that, but no...guess that shows that I really am ready for retirement🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, sunnyday said:

That's me done now, back 15th April (as long as LA give me my funding)

Last ever Easter Egg Hunt for me - I thought I might feel a bit sad about that, but no...guess that shows that I really am ready for retirement🤷‍♀️

I still can't believe you're actually retiring ..... you've seriously got me thinking about it now.   

• Like 1

I sent our two youngest grandchildren a card from the 'Easter Bunny' - it told them that he would be leaving some eggs for them to find in nana and grandad's garden - wondered if our 5 year old granddaughter would see through this - she has just facetimed us, bursting with excitement - love it when a plan pays off! 😂

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Froglet said:

Made it! I know it’s not actually Friday. It it is holiday! Has been a really tricky few weeks for reasons I can’t really share here but be assured I am VERY glad that term is over.

Hope you are okay young Froglet - sending a huge virtual hug to you xxx

Happy Friday all - enjoy the break

(what has happened to the weather?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

how lovely all the benefits and none of the bills !! has she got a name yet?

I think she is 'Marnie' - will find out very soon as I have been invited for a garden visit today!

Best news is that their elderly Border Terrier has really taken to her - phew!

Happy Friday and happy weekend all 

• Like 1

She’s very lovely Sunnyday.

I have had a busy week - lots of schoolwork, rest and sock knitting. Had the best Easter Sunday as my sister and her family came up to mum and dad’s. My niblings are just so lovely and we had a great time - it was worth the sunburn!

I will be working again tomorrow as we have to hand laptops in next week but after that I am planning a week of crafting, cleaning, sorting and maybe some gardening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

I feel like I've done two weeks of sorting. I inherited a LOT of sewing stuff which was a nice thought - but I already have far to much sewing bits/bobs.

It’s not possible to have ‘too much’!  😳😳🤪

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Cait said:

I’m relieved to hear that. In my first throes of sock knitting (which I am still loving) I did get a little carried away with yarn buying! Part of my next week’s plans for sorting include making a space that can b3come a craft room.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cait said:

I think 6 sewing machines is a few too many!! 😂

I have.... one everyday good one, one John Lewis basic spare, and my very first 50 yr old one (kept loft) 😁

I also have another three inherited ones!! 😭   I really don't want to offend the people that have given them to me though... 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I think 6 sewing machines is a few too many!! 😂

I have.... one everyday good one, one John Lewis basic spare, and my very first 50 yr old one (kept loft) 😁

I also have another three inherited ones!! 😭   I really don't want to offend the people that have given them to me though... 

My mum has three or maybe 4. She has her ‘normal’ one and possibly the one she had when I was little then she inherited machines from her mum and her aunt - beautiful antique singers with the winding handle.

• Like 1