Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

can anyone help....when you have booked a jab online do they ask for any information other than DOB and your nhs number and do they send a confirmation?? I seem to be going round in circles because i cant book the second jab and its driving me a bit potty !

I'm moaning again! 

Have received the box of face masks all 450 of them - what the actual goodness - I will offer to local childminders and then primary school - we are not using masks - our parents are not 'allowed in' at all.......will keep one box of 50, but to be honest I already have an untouched pack of 50 that I had purchased 

8 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I'm moaning again! 

Have received the box of face masks all 450 of them - what the actual goodness - I will offer to local childminders and then primary school - we are not using masks - our parents are not 'allowed in' at all.......will keep one box of 50, but to be honest I already have an untouched pack of 50 that I had purchased 

We received ours today. I’m doing the same and offering to childminders.  It’s just crazy 😜 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zigzag said:

We received ours today. I’m doing the same and offering to childminders.  It’s just crazy 😜 

I’m putting ours on eBay 🤣...joking aside it’s madness, sadly we don’t have any cm’s left to offer them to 🙁 would it be acceptable to bag them up and put out ‘help yourself’ to parents after a few days?  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I’m putting ours on eBay 🤣...joking aside it’s madness, sadly we don’t have any cm’s left to offer them to 🙁 would it be acceptable to bag them up and put out ‘help yourself’ to parents after a few days?  

I've given all the staff some for family and to keep in car etc.

To be honest I'm seriously torn between whether they are just off loading surplus stores - with the excuse of saying ' well we helped all nurseries with PPE" in any future enquires that will inevitably take place.  Or, whether there really is the possibility of a serious 3rd wave :(

46 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I've given all the staff some for family and to keep in car etc.

To be honest I'm seriously torn between whether they are just off loading surplus stores - with the excuse of saying ' well we helped all nurseries with PPE" in any future enquires that will inevitably take place.  Or, whether there really is the possibility of a serious 3rd wave :(

Shhhhh louby - don't even think about a third wave - I did say somewhere upthread it really doesn't fill one with confidence.....

Such disappointing news re vaccination roll out, I feel really sorry for those in the younger age groups

• Sad 1

Another Friday.....

I am in a reflective mood - this time last year we were under starters orders for the first lockdown - we all closed our doors 20th March 2020 - what a year it has been, who would have guessed/known that we would be in lockdown again now, but on a brighter note who would have guessed/known that lots of us would have received our first vaccine

Hope that everyone is okay?

Have a lovely weekend

I am unable to make up my mind if it has gone quickly or incredibly slowly😂.   All well here however youngest granddaughter is suffering side effects from her delayed year old vaccinations😞 Seems it may be another week or so too - plus a bit of teething thrown in for good measure - to say her parents are exhausted is an understatement

24 minutes ago, Panders said:

I am unable to make up my mind if it has gone quickly or incredibly slowly😂.   All well here however youngest granddaughter is suffering side effects from her delayed year old vaccinations😞 Seems it may be another week or so too - plus a bit of teething thrown in for good measure - to say her parents are exhausted is an understatement

Ah poor little love - I do hope she is soon feeling much better

Re the past year - I completely agree, I can't make my mind up either, I still find myself thinking is this really happening......

Edited by sunnyday

22 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Shhhhh louby - don't even think about a third wave - I did say somewhere upthread it really doesn't fill one with confidence.....

Such disappointing news re vaccination roll out, I feel really sorry for those in the younger age groups

Yes, it is disappointing I have a member of staff 49- 1/2 ,  was really hoping she'd get done in April :(.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Another Friday.....

I am in a reflective mood - this time last year we were under starters orders for the first lockdown - we all closed our doors 20th March 2020 - what a year it has been, who would have guessed/known that we would be in lockdown again now, but on a brighter note who would have guessed/known that lots of us would have received our first vaccine

Hope that everyone is okay?

Have a lovely weekend

Yes, the hours and days drag,

The week goes quickly,

The months goes pretty fast,

And the year has flown by.

We were actually discussing this at work and we all feel we have literally  'lost' a whole year. We were talking about the children's transition etc- and it felt like we could remember  clearly what we did last year- when it was obviously the year before!

35 minutes ago, Panders said:

My granddaughter having a few teething problem this week too :(

7 hours ago, louby loo said:

Yes, the hours and days drag,

The week goes quickly,

The months goes pretty fast,

And the year has flown by.

We were actually discussing this at work and we all feel we have literally  'lost' a whole year. We were talking about the children's transition etc- and it felt like we could remember  clearly what we did last year- when it was obviously the year before!

That explanation of time passing is spot on!!

My son had his dream wedding planned  for July 2020 and was able to re-schedule everything for July 2021. Never in a million years did we think there would be any doubt about a big wedding in July this year. Irrespective of the 'route out of lockdown' we just can't see 150-200 people being allowed to gather at a wedding. Sadly they have now cancelled the big day and the wedding will go ahead with 30 guests :-( They can't afford to wait another year as there are a few very elderly (and very special) people who they desperately want to attend.  All a bit sad but hey ho I really shouldn't moan, i have much to be grateful for.

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

well ive had my jab and have spent the weekend feeling pretty shocking !! my advice for anyone getting it is to do it on a friday....reckon if i'd done it on the week that might have been an issue!🙄

2 hours ago, Cait said:

My arm was rubbish sore for a week!  It’s only just last night that I could lie on that side - so think about what side you lie on peeps! 

I went for the Friday as sooooo many had said they weren’t well, but thankfully no side effects or sore are, 🤞2nd is as easy.

• Like 1

Hope you're feeling better today.    It may be that your immune system is very good and was up to the fight immediately you had the vaccine,  it's hard to account for everybody's different reactions to the vaccine, other than a slightly stiff arm I had no other symptoms

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Panders said:

Hope you're feeling better today.    It may be that your immune system is very good and was up to the fight immediately you had the vaccine,  it's hard to account for everybody's different reactions to the vaccine, other than a slightly stiff arm I had no other symptoms

Thanks Panders. It does appear to be a bit random. Yes i'm all fine now, thanks...bit tired but not sure if thats not just everything else!🤪

We were randomly asked to go and see some chickens/bantoms/golden pheasants which are owned by one of our neighbours. We are due to visit next week, simple things but looking forward to it. I really feel these children have missed out on life experiences we will be outside and with all social distance measures in place. So excited. One of the children today was talking about going to the seaside ..he said he hadn't done that since he was a baby and they never went anywhere now 😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Happy Friday everyone.

I know some settings are still running until next week, but we are finished now until the 12th.  I can't believe it's the end of term it's been a very long 'short 11 weeks term'.

We've had our ups and downs and feel like we have finally come out of the fog.   We have been lucky, and when we return we will fully support our two youngest members of staff just as they supported the elder ones back in January until they are offered the vaccine. 🙂

Anyone got any plans when we can finally meet our friends outside next week?

I've bought a gazebo/event shelter that I am putting in my garden with fairy lights and seating........ might even give it a couple of hanging baskets! 😀   (trouble is I don't really want to get it out of  the the bag- it's packed up so neatly and small!!)

(if someone comes back and says 'doh... we can't meet friends outside until XXXXX, I won't be offended because I think I'm now totally brain fried with dates now!)cx

• Like 2

On 23/03/2021 at 19:22, Panders said:

Yes quite right, the children are missing life experiences  - will need to jam pack the schedules for a while when able to.   Imagine how exciting it will be for that little one when he gets to the seaside🥰

My daughter and I took my granddaughter to the park Wednesday .  She's only really ever been to a very small park near her which never really has anyone in it.  Wednesday she came to my work park which is much more big and fancy with a café  .... it was cloudy with rain forecasted so thankfully it was quiet just 6-7 other small children.   Well all she wanted to do was sit on the bench with an (empty!) takeaway cup 'drinking' whilst watching all the others play! Admittedly at 14 months she is a little young - but she just seemed totally amazed so many  'little people' playing and running around. 😂 

I did feel a little sad that obviously she's so used to seeing people walking/talking together with takeaway cups that she wanted  the same.

Another Friday!

Louby your gazebo plans sound lovely

I cannot wait to be able to enjoy garden visits again

We are at pre-school on Tuesday of next week, we will finish with our traditional Easter egg hunt and then we are off until Thursday 15th April, hopefully we can the return to our usual days/times (have had assurance from LA this morning that funding will be provided as normal)

Have a lovely weekend everyone

• Like 3

We finished last Friday with the children after a lovely Easter egg hunt and the obligatory making of the cornflake Easter nests! We return on the 14th April with children (first aid the two days before) So far this week I have totally cleaned out the two sheds, the storage room or otherwise known as the dumping room and the staff cloakroom area. Myself and my staff then filled a massive skip to the brim and oh my goodness it felt good!  Now catching up on paperwork!  Four new children starting after Easter so going to be a busy summer term. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, zigzag said:

...... and the obligatory making of the cornflake Easter nests!

Myself and my staff then filled a massive skip to the brim and oh my goodness it felt good!  Now catching up on paperwork!  Four new children starting after Easter so going to be a busy summer term. 

For the first time ever we didn't make cornflake nests :(  We decided in Jan we'd do not cooking type activities this term... the children did make paper birds nests though which we put chocolate treats in 😁

I need you and your team to sort my cupboard!!!   We have trouble quarter  filling a bin- let alone a skip!  (I do mean one of those industrial bins - not the kitchen bin!😂)

• Like 1