Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

2 hours ago, Cait said:

Got mine re-booked for Saturday morning at the surgery.  Hoping it goes ahead this time and nothing gets in the way! 

Great news 😊

A few more of my staff have now got themselves booked in. Unbelievable how relieved I am  that they're getting done. 

• Like 2

Well, we had our almost full house in this morning - we do still have a few that are waiting until after Easter.  

The 7 we've had throughout - seemed to mainly ignore the returners and were very focused on activities all morning ..... the returners were running around screaming like banshees!!!    😳😳

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Panders said:

Not quite business as usual then Louby Loo, but sure you'll get them up to speed in the next couple of weeks -  just in time for their Easter Break 😂

More like the Card Factory !!!  Mother's Day on Sunday 🤣   (I can't believe how tired I am 😳... I'm missing my 70s playgroup )

• Haha 2

My friends neighbour is a secondary school teacher and less than an hour into the day the whole class was sent home as two children tested positive first thing 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Cait said:

Got mine re-booked for Saturday morning at the surgery.  Hoping it goes ahead this time and nothing gets in the way! 

Have managed to book mine for Thurs after work,  a bit of a trek but pleased to have been able to book it, if a little guilty that the rest of my team won’t get theirs for a while ...even though they’ve been urging me to book it 😕 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Have managed to book mine for Thurs after work,  a bit of a trek but pleased to have been able to book it, if a little guilty that the rest of my team won’t get theirs for a while ...even though they’ve been urging me to book it 😕 

Yay Mousie that's great news - good luck x

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Good to hear your getting it 

My friend (that doesn't work) had her some distance away - she was actually excited to have trip out somewhere !

It's strange though,  I got mine 10ms drive, and she tried to book hers an hour or so later and had to go 45min drive.

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

It's strange though,  I got mine 10ms drive, and she tried to book hers an hour or so later and had to go 45min drive

It’s strange how it’s worked out, people from miles away are booking at our local surgery (less than 10 mins away) but we can’t go there we have to go miles, our 3 sites for Joe public are not even in the same county and I don’t know anyway yet who has been able to book 1st & 2nd at the same venue 🤷‍♀️

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

It’s strange how it’s worked out, people from miles away are booking at our local surgery (less than 10 mins away) but we can’t go there we have to go miles, our 3 sites for Joe public are not even in the same county and I don’t know anyway yet who has been able to book 1st & 2nd at the same venue 🤷‍♀️

I had a trip to the seaside for mine - 17 miles - pleased that Mr S played chauffer for me!

I was able to book both appointments at the same time, second jab is 5th May

Mr S got his at our GP's surgery - 4 miles - no second jab booked for him

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I had a trip to the seaside for mine - 17 miles - pleased that Mr S played chauffer for me!

I was able to book both appointments at the same time, second jab is 5th May

Mr S got his at our GP's surgery - 4 miles - no second jab booked for him

Yes, I was able to book both at the same time and at the same venue.

Andy's still miffed that he hasn't got his second date yet, his was done via the Dr's surgery.

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Yes, I was able to book both at the same time and at the same venue.

Andy's still miffed that he hasn't got his second date yet, his was done via the Dr's surgery.

Really sad to find that my deputy has not been 'done' - she is 61, she reckons there are just not any appointments available at the MVS

17 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Is that because the GP is concentrating on the 16-64 with underlying health problems - this is where it has gone a bit pear shaped with our GP - their website says something like 'we have 3200 such patients in our PCN and we are only receiving 400 vaccines each week' - that was why I booked elsewhere, my maths is pretty rubbish but even I can work out it is going to take them 8 weeks to clear that group

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Really sad to find that my deputy has not been 'done' - she is 61, she reckons there are just not any appointments available at the MVS

My 56  has just booked.   .My 63 friend had a lot of trouble, but I now booked for next week- took her few days of trying.

I think you have to keep trying at various time during the day.  

• Sad 1

Just now, louby loo said:

My 56  has just booked.   .My 63 friend had a lot of trouble, but I now booked for next week- took her few days of trying.

I think you have to keep trying at various time during the day.  

Yes to the trying at various times - if it were me, I would be on the site at 6am, all through the day and midnight! 🤣

38 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Is that because the GP is concentrating on the 16-64 with underlying health problems - this is where it has gone a bit pear shaped with our GP - their website says something like 'we have 3200 such patients in our PCN and we are only receiving 400 vaccines each week' - that was why I booked elsewhere, my maths is pretty rubbish but even I can work out it is going to take them 8 weeks to clear that group

Sod’s law, I just had a text from Drs to say I could now book it there, so only a day later and not a day trip, I’ve cancelled my previous bookings.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Sod’s law, I just had a text from Drs to say I could now book it there, so only a day later and not a day trip, I’ve cancelled my previous bookings.

Well I never Mousie - good news though

• Like 1

I have just managed to book for my husband. We are going to a centre about 18 miles away. Our doctors surgery is quite slow so it seems sensible to go further afield and get the jab quicker. Still keeping my fingers crossed they get to the over 45s soon!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I have just managed to book for my husband. We are going to a centre about 18 miles away. Our doctors surgery is quite slow so it seems sensible to go further afield and get the jab quicker. Still keeping my fingers crossed they get to the over 45s soon!

That will teach you for being soooo young zigzag!

• Haha 2

Well it's only Wednesday and I've had enough already!!  🤣

Two children have come down with a mysterious rash.😳  Both have seen the Dr's and they have been confirmed as an allergy/hives rash.  One has only just returned -so mum just assumed it may possibly be our cleaning products .... however they other has been with us throughout.

Luckily both parents are on the ball, and are chasing it up- but it's really weird. 

Sunnyday how did your first day back go?

On 08/03/2021 at 23:12, Mouseketeer said:

I was offered one on Isle of Wight which is a ferry ride away for me ⛴️ - so that was a no! I guess when they look it isn't far from Southampton  as the crow flies 😆 Then offered one local to me - only 5 miles away which I had Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Sunnyday how did your first day back go?

It was really lovely - all children came in confidently and were clearly delighted to be back and I don't think that I have smiled so much in months

• Like 9

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

It was really lovely - all children came in confidently and were clearly delighted to be back and I don't think that I have smiled so much in months

Fantastic. Phew!  I hope you enjoy the next term and a half properly xx

• Like 1

I don’t know about anyone else but  is it really only Wednesday done?  the extra few back this week have really changed the dynamics of the setting ...they are really loud, not listening to anything you ask them to do or not do, independence is zilch, we already have a few loud/challenging children but these later ones back in the mix have caused it to escalate  .....yesterday just seemed to be spent on crowd control, I hope this is only short term 🤦‍♀️

• Sad 1